Where are the general forum rules?

SansaJonRule

After being off the forum for about a year and a half, I figured it would be a good idea to read the rules so I don't inadvertently break any. BackĀ  in 2017, shortly after I joined, I received a warning for "spamming", something I had no idea that I had done, and even after reading the rules, I didn't understand how what I did constituted spamming. A moderator had to explain it to me. I do not want to experience that again!

So, I did a search but the two results it returned were not what I was looking for. Where did the rules go? Could someone please direct me to them?

It seems to me it would be best if all forum rules are posted at the top of the home page when they are easy for everyone to find.

Thanks for your help!

The moderators use guidelines, rather than rules. For the board in general, these can be found in the Announcements section, in particular the Style Guide. There are also links in the moderators' signatures. Specific areas of the board may have rules particular to that area, for example on spoilers or on acceptable topics. These will normally be on a pinned thread.

If you have questions about warnings, or other moderator issues, contact a moderator privately.

Archived