Sansa stark have no reasons to like Dany

2 hours ago, madhikun said:

I'm glad you think that and I do truly hope that was the reason why she did that. When I read it I purely saw it as Sansa being the brat she always was and couldn't stand being married to a short person. Tyrion from what I remember (it's been at least five years so I may be shaky) was always kind to her. She could have protested the marriage in other ways but from what I saw she purposely made fun of his height. 

In the books, Sansa does not want to be married to a dwarf; but her main objection is that Tyrion is a Lannister.  (also, in the books, Sansa believes she is going to marry Margaery's older brother, the lame Willas Tyrell, heir to Highgarden, who Margaery says is kind and intelligent.  Sansa is very pleased and excited; and vows to "make him love me".  She is informed that she will instead marry Tyrion Lannister - that very day, and tries to resist; but is persuaded that since she is going to be forced to marry Tyrion, it will be better befit her station as a Stark to walk to her wedding than to be dragged.  So Sansa allows them to clothe her as a future Lannister and does not object; but it is a huge shock; yet she has enough courage to protest by not kneeling to allow Tyrion to put a Lannister cloak on her) . And why is it a problem if a teenaged girl, or any girl or woman, objects to being forced to marry a dwarf?  Tyrion does not show any great attraction to unattractive women or women of unusual heights; he is attracted to pretty girls and women; and in the books mocks or thinks mockingly of unattractive women.  Didn't he make some jokes about Jaime 'climbing' Brienne in the Last of the Starks episode?

(one of the most creepy things Tyrion does in the book, on his and Sansa's wedding night, is to take off all his clothes, tell Sansa, who he has allowed to undress, that she is a child but he desires her and that if she let's him love her, he'll be "the Knight of Flowers" in bed).  Sansa never says a word of mockery about Tyrion's size to him or anyone in the books (or in the TV show as far as I remember).

Tyrion's being kind to his captive bride does not really excuse the fact that he proceeded with a marriage that was much more in the interest of his family than in Sansa's interest or that of her remaining family.  He could have told his father "no".  But Tyrion wanted (in the books) the lordship of Winterfell and a beautiful young wife.  

Archived