Predictions From Tyrion & Bran's Fireplace Talk

It was very brief, but at the end of their battle planning in episode 2, Tyrion pulls up a chair next to Bran at the fireplace asking to hear about his "journey."  This very subtle scene must have some significance this season right?  A guy like Tryion couldn't hear Bran's story and not do something with that wealth of information right? If we were going to see it this season it has to happen in this episode since nothing has come from that scene yet.

With the shows writing this season I understand I'm taking a leap of faith here, but I'm curious if this will lead to some type of bombshell in the finale for Tyrion and his situation with Daenerys.  It reminds me of the subtle scene with Sansa contacting the Vale for help in the Battle of the Bastards. It was a tiny hint that turned into a big moment and hopefully this show can gives us one more, otherwise I'm worried for Tyrion.

Actually, I think the discussion tells us something else.  Tyrion asks about Bran's wheelchair and Bran tells him that the design was based on one done by Daeron Targaryen aka The Young Dragon, 120 years ago, for a nephew.  Daeron's big conquest was Dorne, and Aemon the Dragonknight featured in Daeron's story.  We know that Jon would pick Aemon the Dragonknight when Robb and he played as boys.  We also know that dragons appear in the current GoT story.

BUT If the wheelchair design is made out of iron, we have Bran sitting in a self-designed iron chair, right in front of us.  I hate this idea, but why did D&D take the time to tell us this??? 

[the idea of the iron chair comes from a reddit post by  u/maxb101 and corrected in the posts by Dodahkiin]

0 points·

I don't know about Bran being in an iron chair, but you would think they set Tyrion and Bran together to plant something significant, since the majority of the conversation is off screen.  If it was a scene like the one Davos had with the Winterfell girl with greyscale, that would be a throw away because it's just for the purpose of that one prominent character.  But when you get two main characters together, in a season where screen time is so limited, you'd think it would lead to big things. You would think.....

Maybe they had it because they want us to think Bran is still "human" and can interact with people, but I don't know why you cut away from it then. I am going to guess they don't want us to think Bran is just a robot.

Archived