Does Stannis have a chance at winning in the end?

Alyn Oakenfist

6 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

We don't mention Dumb&Dumber here, or, if Stannis brought his justice upon them, Decapitated&Decapitated. Really f those guys, hope they don't get to make another show for the rest of their miserable lives. What did we expect from the turd who thought sewing Deadpool's mouth was a good idea and sodomized the Illiad as well as the retarded dog who's only purpose in live is to praise and agree with the turd.

I don't rely on the show or what Dumb and Dumber have to say about The George's tale, except where it functions as a SSM, such as where they told us what The George told them about Hodor's backstory. I was just explaining why so fewer folks discuss Stannis anymore. 

Sure.

Stannis is the only one of the current contenders who sees the Throne as a duty. While there's certainly a massive element of "ignored middle brother desperate to be the hero", he's always justified his actions as being "what's right for the realm". If/when Jon's true parentage is revealed, Stannis is going to have to prove that. Personally, I think so much has been made about him "not bending" that I think him doing so is inevitable, especially to Jon, who he clearly respects.

The crucial thing, however, is that Stannis is the only one left who is just a man. He doesn't have dragons, there are no questions about his parentage and he's never been stabbed a bunch of times. If Aegon, Daenerys or Jon take the Throne then, for me, the story is still from over.

So, yes, I like the idea that Aegon, Dany and Jon are all going to die either against each other, or in the battle for the Dawn. Stannis then taking the Throne, reluctantly, and essentially by default, while knowing that he never truly deserved it would, I think, be a fitting ending.

Archived