So, did someone intercept Aerys raven to Tywin?

3 hours ago, Frey family reunion said:

No, you're missing my point.  I think a direct summons to Tywin is different from a "call to arms".  I'm assuming all of the Wardens received a Call to Arms at the beginning of the Rebellion.  But a summons from a king isn't merely a message or a directive.  A summons from the King to a Lord should be considered an order to personally come and appear in front of said king.  Perhaps it's the lawyer in me, but that's what a summons generally means.  The sovereign issues an order commanding you to appear in person. 

There is little difference and they are synonymous in this context,  not all of the wardens received a  call to arms at the beginning of the war because the war was not being taken seriously right up until the defeat at the Bells, rather than local lords were being especifically tasked to end the rebellion.

4 hours ago, Frey family reunion said:

When Aerys summoned the various Lords to come to King's Landing to answer for the crimes of their sons, it was an order to appear in front of the King.

Yep but the lords were especifically "summoned to court to answer for their children crimes", it was a specific order, location and charge, 

4 hours ago, Frey family reunion said:

Aerys could have been issuing a summons to demand from Tywin why he hadn't yet joined the fight against the rebellion.  But due to the fact that Aerys had to swallow his pride when he issued the summons, I don't think that's what the intent of the Summons was.  I think the only reason that Aerys would have to swallow his pride by summoning Tywin is to ask or order Tywin to resume his duties as Hand.

He couldn't and he didn't want to. 

Doing that was the same of saying that he needed him, that he needed his armies and Aerys wanted absolutely nothing with Tywin since Duskendale.

3 hours ago, Frey family reunion said:

Yes, I think the answer may lie in Summerhall.  If indeed Summerhall was a dream for dragons, then it may have been a wake up call for the Citadel that House Targaryen was continuing their efforts to bring dragons back to the realm.

How could be a wake up call when the Targs never stopped trying to try to give birth to dragons, from Aegon 3 to Aerys, that never stopped.

Archived