Jon and Dany's similarities in ADWD, and why they're some of the few potentially good rulers

Alyn Oakenfist

2 minutes ago, BlackLightning said:

And yes, Dany is Jon's type. He likes wild, spicy and unconventional women who, despite their wildness, are still feminine. Like Ygritte, Val....and Dany.

That much was always clear, if you noticed, I only said Jon isn't Dany's type, not the other way around.

3 minutes ago, BlackLightning said:

You just said that Jon will come back with a wolfish personality. That would make him Dany's type. She likes dangerous, tough men who are not very sleek or polished. Roughriders, thugs, gangbangers, bad boys, firebrands, Don Juans. That's Dany type. She's also very sexual.

That will be Jon. Jon is also stated to be very attractive and that is unlikely to change.

That is an admittedly really interesting perspective that makes way too much sense.

4 minutes ago, BlackLightning said:

If Robb can fall in love with Jeyne Westerling (lol) and marry her even though it's self-sabotaging....

That happened more out of plot contrivance. GRRM needed to fuck over Robb, put some themes about love vs duty and try and rip off the Elizabeth Woodville ark of the War of the Roses.

I suppose if Jon does come back as more wild and wolfish, then he would be more Dany's type. I just have a hard time seeing it after the previous two resurrected characters. Beric and Stoneheart, came back zombiefied (sorry, Oakenfist).

This leads to another question, though: if Jon comes back inhuman, whether it be wolfish or zombie-ish, how does he maintain enough humanity for the audience to still connect with him as a character? Will he even be a POV at this point?

Archived