Casting the Movie Continued Continued Continued

Ser Bruce the Hound KG

I think Holloway would be a great Jaime. Flipping through the Art of Ice and Fire book I came across the great depiction of Jaime sitting upon the Iron Throne... the smug superiority on his face is something I think Holloway could really pull off. And to me he looks like a Lannister... Hair color issues are easily dealt with I think.

Holloway doesn't look like Jaime overmuch...Ackles looks more and he's the better actor

Was the JRM matter settled already? There are some pics of him in an upcoming movie where he's dressed in clothing similar to Westeros's and holding a sword in one here.

He has a very Theon-ish vibe, but he *is* starting to look more his age now.

Josh Holloway as Jaime? No!!!!!! He'd be the perfect Gambit but not a good Jaime. He does that sexy rogue thing well, but Jaime's a sexy highborn knight.

We could move Henry Cavill from Loras to Renly. He's got the Baratheon look, he's 6'1", he's pretty broad, and at 23 he's probably a better age for Renly anyway. So then we'd need a new Loras. How about Robert Pattinson? He's younger, leaner, looks more like the brother of Hugh Dancy, and makes teenage girls swoon.

If y'all think Zegers is too pretty why don't you make him Loras :P

He has a very Theon-ish vibe, but he *is* starting to look more his age now.

Yeah, there's no way he looks 19. I like Darcia's suggestion of Tom Payne.

If y'all think Zegers is too pretty why don't you make him Loras

Dear God, no! Loras is supposed to be sexy. Kevin Zegers is not sexy. Also, too old and way too short.

[OFF-TOPIC]Did Brienne know that Renly was gay?[/OFF-TOPIC]

Apparently no more than Sansa knows Loras is gay. They'll be so disappointed when someone outright tells them - or they'll start writing slash fic of their own.

And please no Tom Welling. He does indeed look like Renly but his acting is awful.

Don't know if she has been discussed and rejected yet but what about Elizabeth Berkley for Brienne?

Random question:

[OFF-TOPIC]Did Brienne know that Renly was gay?[/OFF-TOPIC]

I dont think Elisabeth Berkeley would be a good Brienne. The hard thing IMO about casting a good Brienne is her body. The face can be done with makeup. Elizabeth Berkeley is tall enough, but she need more muscle. Really broad shoulders. Good damn. I think Jaime mentions that she is almost as strong as Sandor. She need to be freakishly big, and a good actor. I don´t know how to solve this. Perhaps cast a man.

I don´t know how to solve this. Perhaps cast a man.

God, please no! I'd rather see a Brienne who was smaller and prettier than she's supposed to be than have a man play the role. It would make the character a joke.

Too bad Brienne can't be cast from my old school's women's field hockey team; those were some amazons!

Why not just go back to the original Theon Drew Fuller if you want to change him so much

I may hate Theon but even I think he deserves to be played by someone who's acting less resembles a plank of wood!

Don't know if she has been discussed and rejected yet but what about Elizabeth Berkley for Brienne?

Her body's about right but I'd rather go with Adrianne Palicki - she's younger, she's taller (okay, only by an inch, but still), she's got the blue eyes and she's a way better actresses. She has quite a wide, flat face, I think it would only take superficial changes to make her Brienne - take the make-up off, give her some freckles, back-comb the hair so it's less shampoo advert-y and stick in some false teeth.

And Brienne needs to be played by a woman. It would just be an insult to the character if she was played by a man.

The hard thing IMO about casting a good Brienne is her body. The face can be done with makeup.

:agree: We should not restrict the search to blond/flat-faced actresses. The body is the most important factor, especially because of the nude scene.

Obviously I agree with you about Gendry! :D But isn't Edric about 12? He can't be that big...

We could move Henry Cavill from Loras to Renly. He's got the Baratheon look, he's 6'1", he's pretty broad, and at 23 he's probably a better age for Renly anyway. So then we'd need a new Loras. How about Robert Pattinson? He's younger, leaner, looks more like the brother of Hugh Dancy, and makes teenage girls swoon.

I think Edric is just really tall and broad for a kid. A big kid.

I really like the idea of moving Cavill from Loras to Renly. Cavill is too old and beefy to be Loras but he would make a good Renly. And he looks more like Rory McCann, Tom Welling is just too pretty.

And I like Robert Pattinson for Loras. He has the brown curls. ;)

We should not restrict the search to blond/flat-faced actresses. The body is the most important factor, especially because of the nude scene.

Yeah thats true. Anyone can be made to look ugly, we need to find a large flat chested actress.

I'm cool with moving Cavill to Renly but Pattison isn't striking enough for Loras. I mean one of the number one things about Loras is his beauty.

Pattison is too tall as well..he's 6'1"..we need someone a couple inches shorter for Loras.

It shouldn't be too hard..average high, lithe teen. No more 'too girly' Loras is a pretty boy..he's the pretty boy of Westeros!

ok here's what I'm thinking for Loras..

Trevor Blumas

He's under 6'0" (yay), his looks are very malleable..he can be made to look younger or older. Imo he catches your eye..either with those pretty eyes or lovely lips ;) Lastly..he's a good actor, I've seen him in a few things..Canadian stuff. Although he was in Ice Princess :leaving: which I will never see lol

ok here's what I'm thinking for Loras..

Trevor Blumas

He's under 6'0" (yay), his looks are very malleable..he can be made to look younger or older. Imo he catches your eye..either with those pretty eyes or lovely lips ;) Lastly..he's a good actor, I've seen him in a few things..Canadian stuff. Although he was in Ice Princess :leaving: which I will never see lol

This may be a matter of personal taste but ... there is no way that guy is prettier than Robert Pattinson!

Have you seen Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire? Pattinson is gorgeous. He is absolutely magnetic. And check him out next to Hugh Dancy. He is so the sexier younger brother!

Blumas looks pretty bulky though - I could actually see him as Gendry. He even looks a little like a less refined version of Henry Cavill! Oooh, I like it! :D

A couple of other possibilities for Loras:

Sean Biggerstaff

Julian Morris

But I still think Pattinson is the best. And, of course, Cedric Diggory is very, very gay, so no problem with side of things! :D

Not sure how tall Loras is but he is always described as slender, Trevor looks a bit too bulky.

Loras' height is mentioned at least twice in the book in reference to other characters..

1. "Renly was taller than me"

2. Ser Garlan was a "taller bearded version of his more famous younger brother"

Our Renly is 6'1" and our Garlan is 5'11".

Pattinson is 6'1"...

Archived