Casting the Movie Continued Continued Continued

Ser Bruce the Hound KG

As long as the alternatives are new, then I don't see why we should lock down any actors to roles. Going back and forth talking about the same actor is tiresome to be sure, but some of these roles can be better filled - it's just a question of considering lesser knowns and the forgotten.

There's still too many pretty people casted, such that Heath Ledger as Rhaegar isn't really any more handsome than Timothy Oliphaunt playing Sir Boros Blount. Are we going to see Hot Pie played by some hot young pin-up?

I like the Tyrells as they are, but David Carradine would make a great Balon Greyjoy, and after watching a few episodes of Battlestar Galactica i must say Tricia Helfer is a perfect Cersei.

Can´t some one suggest a serious Shagwell? I would do it myself but i simply cann´t think of someone appropriate.

I agree with Redxavier that there really is to many pretty boys in the casting. I am very bad at judging if a man is good looking. But when i see the arguments people (girls) use for there castings, it seems like someone like Gendry and Jon should be casted by the latest teenage prettyboy. People even wan´t to make the hound and Brienne pretty. Remembers the hounds own words. These aren´t the knights of song. Jaime and Loras can be drop dead gorgeous, but a lot of the others should just look ordinary, or "Gasp!" even ugly.

I said i while back that i thought we needed a new vargo Hoat. I don´t know this Knepper guy, but look wise, he is MUCH better than the guy we have now.

And too people who think that a vote is decided because someone has four or five votes. Some times people don´t have time to write a post, or haven´t spotted the suggestion. There are other people on the page that i am unhappy with. I just don´t have the time to comment on all of them now.

Four votes isn´t much compared to all the people who come on these boards.

One casting i do have time to comment on i Malisandre. The previous person casted as Malisandre, was my own suggestion Mitzi Martin, but she was replaced by some ower the hill scank, who do not look sexy nor dangerous. Worst casting ever.

Edit: when i said i liked the Tyrells i hadn´t seen the new Loras. Bring back the old Loras!

I just watched the new Pride and Prejudice and I came across someone who looks like Jaime to me.

Rupert Friend - http://imdb.com/name/nm1670029/

He's only 25 or so, but that can be fudged a little bit. Physically, he looks the part.

Tyler Mane has it down for Shagga, imho - http://imdb.com/gallery/granitz/1755/Event...y=Mane,%20Tyler

And here's a really, really offbeat suggestion. I'm a huge fan of the American version of The Office, and I keep thinking that Rainn Wilson would make a good Varys. http://imdb.com/name/nm0933988/

A couple of guys that I'd like to see in the series, but can't think of a part for are Sean Bean, who is fantastic, and Christopher Eccleston.

One casting i do have time to comment on i Malisandre. The previous person casted as Malisandre, was my own suggestion Mitzi Martin, but she was replaced by some ower the hill scank, who do not look sexy nor dangerous. Worst casting ever.

Hill skank? Melinda Clarke? Please....ever seen the O.C? CSI? Firefly? Entourage?

Her vs. the person whose biggest role was in 'Dude, where's my car.'

There's still too many pretty people casted, such that Heath Ledger as Rhaegar isn't really any more handsome than Timothy Oliphaunt playing Sir Boros Blount. Are we going to see Hot Pie played by some hot young pin-up?
I agree there is far too many pretty people cast, but Timothy Olyphant is cast as Balon Swann not Blount. :D

Although Tim as Balon is a bad choice anyway. WAY TOO OLD. My God, Timothy is older than our Ned! We need someone about 20 years younger! Got any ideas?

But when i see the arguments people (girls) use for there castings, it seems like someone like Gendry and Jon should be casted by the latest teenage prettyboy. People even wan�t to make the hound and Brienne pretty. Remembers the hounds own words. These aren�t the knights of song. Jaime and Loras can be drop dead gorgeous, but a lot of the others should just look ordinary, or "Gasp!" even ugly.

What? Which 'girls' have made arguments for pretty boys? Personally I have spent a lot of time trying to get rid of pretty people. I want to cast normal looking people.

I really want to get rid of Vincent Cassel who is far too young and sexy to be Salladhor Saan. I think that Francois Berleand would be much better. The only thing I have seen him in is The Transporter, which was a shite film, but he was great in it, really charming. pic

Melinda Clarke was a very popular choice when put forth.

not sexy or dangerous?..clearly you've never seen her as Lady Heather on CSI. Kick ass character!

We're looking mostly at done up pics of all the actors..it's easy to make any of them look ugly if necessary. Not that big a deal.

I just watched the new Pride and Prejudice and I came across someone who looks like Jaime to me.

Rupert Friend - http://imdb.com/name/nm1670029/

He's only 25 or so, but that can be fudged a little bit. Physically, he looks the part.

Oo, he certainly looks the part. I've never seen him act (at least I can't remember seeing him), but it's a tough choice between him and Ackles.

Oo, he certainly looks the part. I've never seen him act (at least I can't remember seeing him), but it's a tough choice between him and Ackles.

He's far too young - no way could he have a 12 year old son, and IMO he's really not good looking. He kinda looks like a creepy Orlando Bloom. I wasn't at all impressed with his performance in the travesty that called itself Pride and Prejudice either.

What about Katee Sackhoff for Brienne. The height is wrong, I admit, but she's actually an actress and to my mind looks more the part. Thoughts?

I've thought of her before actually - she'd be fantastic, but she's only 5'6". I dunno, if they could do a reverse of what they did for the hobbits she'd be perfect! :D

I've thought of her before actually - she'd be fantastic, but she's only 5'6". I dunno, if they could do a reverse of what they did for the hobbits she'd be perfect! :D

Maybe we would be better going with someone we know can act, we are never gonna find an actress that fits Brienne's description.

We could even cast a normal sized person as Tyrion and just imagine some special effects.

What does everyone think of Francois Berleand as Saan, I know MY wants to keep Vincent Cassel...Thoughts?

Oh and I agree with Tysha that Rupert looks creepy, can't act and is too young! :D

Couple of things:

Saan: I just think Cassel has the personality down pat... and given Saan's current role, his age is largely irrelevant. However, if you're looking for an older actor, might I suggest Tcheky Karyo. Slightly more serious, older, but still retaining that sense of humor that would be great for Saan.

Shagwell: A serious Shagwell? Shagwell is a fool in motley... he's not supposed to be serious, he's supposed to be amusing. Evil, but amusing. Why wouldn't you want someone who looks like Alan Cumming, or who can act comedically?

Couple of things:

Saan: I just think Cassel has the personality down pat... and given Saan's current role, his age is largely irrelevant. However, if you're looking for an older actor, might I suggest Tcheky Karyo. Slightly more serious, older, but still retaining that sense of humor that would be great for Saan.

Shagwell: A serious Shagwell? Shagwell is a fool in motley... he's not supposed to be serious, he's supposed to be amusing. Evil, but amusing. Why wouldn't you want someone who looks like Alan Cumming, or who can act comedically?

Sorry bout that. Someone else said it was a joke and I thought it was some kind of joke I just didn´t understod. I guess he would be ok, my interpretation of Shagwell is just a little different.

To me he is shorter and younger, with a cruel smile on his face. looky looky

And i love vincent Cassel as Salladhor Saan

Lyanna - I'm not sure what everyone thinks about Katee, but I'm in!

There is a couple of old picks that still need doing,

Martin Freeman for the Tickler

Garcelle Beauvais as Chataya

Olivia Thirlby as Lyanna Stark

And I think everyone is in with Ryan Gosling as Hyle Hunt.

Archived