Casting the Movie Continued Continued Continued

Ser Bruce the Hound KG

Meredith Monroe is only 5'6"..the problem mostly lies in finding an actress who is around 6'0" tall..it's slim pickings.

I think it's hilarious that parents are all in a huff that their "harry potter" gets naked in his new play :lol:

I stay clear of anything Potter but he's an actor..not a character. Apparently he's now a bad role model :rolleyes:

This is turning into a beauty pageant...but has anyone seen those pictures of wee Harry Potter, they are quite...disturbing.
He's 17, therefore he's legal, therefore I feel no guilt whatsoever about the lust I feel when I look at those pictures, nor the lust I will inevitably feel when I go and see Equus next month! :D

Loras' height is mentioned at least twice in the book in reference to other characters..

1. "Renly was taller than me"

2. Ser Garlan was a "taller bearded version of his more famous younger brother"

Our Renly is 6'1" and our Garlan is 5'11".

Pattinson is 6'1"...

But he is very slender - moreso than Cavill or Dancy, so the stuff about Renly's armour not fitting him would still work. And he has the curly brown hair and brown eyes and general swoonworthy-ness of Loras.

However, Julian Morris is 5'11" and is also very slender and has the curly brown hair, brown eyes, etc.

I didn't really think of it but I guess he does have the dark hair and light colored eyes..even when he was younger he did have a fairly wide build. I suppose he fits pretty well.

Yay, we agree! *waves 'Trevor Blumas for Gendry' flag*

Tysha - You will have to report back after seeing Equus, and give us all the details! ;)

Trevor for Gendry works for me. :)

For Loras, I like Julian best. Those other pictures you posted are much better. This one looks very Loras to me. pic

And he looks younger imo.

I like Pattinson best for Loras. He definitely has the pretty boy quality more than Julian, and he is slender enough that the armor could still be an issue even if he is the same height as Renly and Garlan.

I like Pattinson best for Loras. He definitely has the pretty boy quality more than Julian, and he is slender enough that the armor could still be an issue even if he is the same height as Renly and Garlan.

You can't really call Pattinson a "pretty boy." He is not a classic beauty. I think Julian works better for Loras. And anyway, we wouldn't want Asoiaf associated in any way with Harry Potter. Bad marketing. ;)

*Waves Julian for Loras flag*

I think everyone's agreed on moving Henry Cavill to Renly and making Trevor Blumas Gendry. It looks like it's four votes for Julian Morris as Loras and one for Robert Pattinson. Do you think we can go for it?!

And I still think Mikey Post should go back in as Tyrion. Peter Dinklage looks like the younger brother of Tywin and Kevan, not Jaime and Cersei!

I think everyone's agreed on moving Henry Cavill to Renly and making Trevor Blumas Gendry. It looks like it's four votes for Julian Morris as Loras and one for Robert Pattinson. Do you think we can go for it?!

And I still think Mikey Post should go back in as Tyrion. Peter Dinklage looks like the younger brother of Tywin and Kevan, not Jaime and Cersei!

I like Julian Morris as well. As for Mikey Post, I really like the way he looks Lannister-wise. I'm not that familiar with his acting ability, but if you guys think he could pull of Tyrion's wit then I'm all for him. If not, I'd rather go with someone we know can act the part, even if he looks kind of old. With the benefit of makeup and whatnot Peter Dinklage won't look too off, though definitely not as good as Mikey.

I dunno about Post, most people are pretty hardcore Dinklage. He does look older, but all of the pictures I've seen of Tyrion make him look far older than his years. Post might almost look too young.

I'll make the changes now. :)

I was thrilled when someone linked an image of Post... facially he looks the part, but... apologies in advance if I offend anyones sensibilities... he's actually too small. I'm not sure he can be convincingly waving battleaxes around while riding horseback. Need someone with a certain top-heavy broadness in the role. I'd say Tyrion has to be in the mid of the 4-5ft tall range to really work. But who knows, a lot might be possible with cgi in 3-4 years.

Brienne and Tyrion are a bitch to cast!

I was thrilled when someone linked an image of Post... facially he looks the part, but... apologies in advance if I offend anyones sensibilities... he's actually too small. I'm not sure he can be convincingly waving battleaxes around while riding horseback. Need someone with a certain top-heavy broadness in the role. I'd say Tyrion has to be in the mid of the 4-5ft tall range to really work. But who knows, a lot might be possible with cgi in 3-4 years.

Brienne and Tyrion are a bitch to cast!

Absolutely. It's cos they're so unconventional. :P A lot of people seem very firm about Dinklage though, if Post gets an overwhelming amount og support I'd change it, but Dinklage seems to have everyone's backing right now. Post is untested as an actor, Dinklage can certainly act, I'd be a bit worried putting Tyrion in Post's hands. :/

Isn't Julian Morris a bit old for Loras?

The trick with Renly is that he's supposed to look exactly as Robert did at a young age, and somehow I imagine him as being a bit bigger than Henry Cavill - at least from the pictures I've seen.

Regarding Brienne, she's a very tough part to cast. Remember that she's actually described as having a body that's large even for a man. Which is why it's considered "freakish large" for a woman. So she needs to not just be taller than most men, but also be more muscular. I'm thinking that a body-builder type would be a good fit, the problem though is that you'd need one that can act...

It just pains me to see a Tyrion who is so blatantly pushing middle age! And I don't think make-up would help matters - he'd have to wear a straggly, white-blond wig which is one shade away from grey - it would probably just make him look older!

I know no-one knows if Post can act but no-one knows if he can't act either. There's a great interview with him here where he actually mentions Peter Dinklage as an inspiration and talks about the kinds of opportunities he'd like to have as an actor.

I should imagine whoever plays Tyrion will be a complete unknown and I hope he will be under 30. If the casting directors scour the globe and decide that Peter Dinklage is the only actor capable of playing Tyrion then fine - looks are easier to get past than bad acting. But I highly doubt that will be the case and for the purposes of a dream cast I would rather have a Tyrion who actually looks like Tyrion and give him the benefit of the doubt that he can act, because there's nothing out there to say that he can't.

I was thrilled when someone linked an image of Post... facially he looks the part, but... apologies in advance if I offend anyones sensibilities... he's actually too small. I'm not sure he can be convincingly waving battleaxes around while riding horseback. Need someone with a certain top-heavy broadness in the role. I'd say Tyrion has to be in the mid of the 4-5ft tall range to really work.

This a good point. Mikey Post is too small. And he has really tiny hands and fingers, I'm not sure he could even hold a weapon.

I was in camp Post but I've changed my mind. I think we should keep Peter.

I think alot of the characters we are casting are not even going to make it into the TV series... but hell, it is damn fun anyway.

Sadly I think you're right

BTW if we have Cillian Murphy as Ramsay Snow/Bolton who will be playing the guy who masquerades as Ramsay for a while, that's assuming the guy appears in the show

Archived