Casting the Movie Continued Continued Continued

Ser Bruce the Hound KG

Just copy/pasting this so we don't have to keep going back to look for it. Anything needed to be added or taken off?

Okay, here's where we stand with certain characters...

Generally Agreed Upon...

Edric Dayne--Cayden Boyd

Edric Storm--Cody Estes

Sweet Robin--Carter Page

Ned--Jack Davenport (Nothing new here, just a picture change)

Edmure--Simon Woods

Ygritte--Natalie Press

Lysa--Olivia Colman

Ashara Dayne--Charlotte Salt

Messandei--Brenna Demerson

Margaery Tyrell--Olivia Thirlby

Jojen Reed--Hayden McFarland

Falyse Stokeworth--Fanella Woolgar

Podrick Payne--Joseph Castanon

Shireen--Juliette Goglia

Joffrey Baratheon--Drew Osborne

Myrcella Baratheon--Bella Thorne

Jeyne Poole--Katie Cecil

Still Being Argued...

Bran Stark

Luke Benward

Zane Huett

Meera Reed

Alexandra Purvis

Maiara Walsh

Lancel Lannister

Eric Nelson

Chris Fountain

Kevin Schmidt

Maybes that haven't really been supported but aren't contested either...

Lyanna Stark--Tamsin Egarton

Olyvar Frey--Mark Musso

Daario--Chris Robert Young

Alayaya--Yaya Decosta

Or not, given that was two pages before the list, which was where I started counting, and half a dozen posts before Huett was even suggested! :P

uh huh..well if he doesn't come back to the thread you still gotta count his choices :P

Unless you want to PM him specifically to ask.

uh huh..well if he doesn't come back to the thread you still gotta count his choices :P

Not really fair given that only one of the current Bran choices was actually a choice last time he was here. It was between Dylan Cash and Luke Benward back then, no Zane Huett in sight. Also neither Drew Osborne nor Bella Thorne had been suggested and we didn't have any possible Pods! :P

Mears is a great pick for Biter but Badreya looks a bit cuddly to be Belwas! How about Om Puri?

Badreya looks a bit cuddly to be Belwas! How about Om Puri?

Not a bad choice but I think Om Puri is probably to old and IIRC from The Ghost & The Darkness he is kinda skinny/wiry. I suggested Badreya

because he at least looks somewhat 'stocky' and if you shave his hair and beard he might not look so "cuddly". :)

I think we still need to replace Brad Garret as Conn... maybe with someone who was rejected as Bronn or Randyll Tarly?

Oh, Benward is great, but I'll switch my vote over to Huett. He works fine too.

What's wrong with the Lancel we have? I thought Felton was a good pick for the part. If we're set on changing him, though, I vote for Eric Nelson. The other two don't look near foppish enough for the way I imagine Lancel.

The thing about Lancel is that he's supposed to look like a miniature Jaime. Hes supposed to be attractive and muscular. I had the same image as you, but Tysha quoted some passages a few pages back. I'm still holding out for Schmidt over Fountain though. I think it's better to have a slim actor playing Lancel because he's got to be able to look frail later on, plus if he's too big, he'll look like he is the same as Jaime, rather than a mini-Jaime. I think Fountain is too big for the role, he's as big as Jensen Ackles, that just won't work.

Much as I like Rob Morrow, he is NOT Lancel. Lancel is supposed to be 16!

Wait a sec... who Rob? Isn't Kirby his name? o0 ...Hmm. Well, another Lannister then (I don't think he'd be good enough for Jaime). ...Heehee... I think this pic might be PG-13... link

...How about him, then? link Oh wait... he's 21 years old. ><

Nuh... OK, him? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0015913/ (he's the right age, too. 1991?)

This boy here, Sadwyn Brophy, played Eldarion, Aragorn's son, in LOTR: The Return of the King. He was 7 or 5 at the time, and now he's 11: link and link ...He's got a really wonderful expression in the first pic.... any 11-year-old characters that he could fit? o0

Chris Fountain is fit but he only wishes he had a body like Jensen Ackles! :drool:, there's no contest. He's not as tall as Jensen either. I'm not sure of his exact height but he always looks Ali Bastian, who can't be more than 5'8", and that's pushing it. I'd be surprised if he was taller than 5'9".

Basically he looks like a cheap imitation of Jensen Ackles, which is exactly what Lancel is supposed to be.

And Schmidt isn't that slim. In fact I can't see .

I also love that Chris is such a pretty boy - even when he tried to shave his head and look all tough ! Schmidt looks far too butch. He doesn't look like he could have anywhere near the necessary vulnerability for post-injury Lancel either. And while he's not exactly ugly he's certainly not attractive. Lancel is supposed to be hot! Ned describes him as 'handsome' the first time he sees him, Cersei thinks he's hot enough to shag, Tyrion describes him as 'fairer to look upon than me' (okay, that last isn't saying much, but still ;))

And I know I'm influenced by his Hollyoaks character here, which none of you poor deprived Americans have been treated to, but Fountain looks (and acts) like such an arrogant little scrote! :D But then he also does angst so prettily.

Has anyone seen Schmidt act recently? All I've seen him in was Cheaper by the Dozen and all the kids were shite in that. But then it was just a shite film.

(This post brought to you by the Chris Fountain for Lancel Lannister campaign)

Not really fair given that only one of the current Bran choices was actually a choice last time he was here. It was between Dylan Cash and Luke Benward back then, no Zane Huett in sight. Also neither Drew Osborne nor Bella Thorne had been suggested and we didn't have any possible Pods! :P

Well then I guess you've got to wait :P

Personally I have only one thing that makes me prefer Benward to Huett and that's the look. Even though Bran is a child he's got a bit of an old soul and develops some maturity as well..after his accident he's more subdued and I personally feel that Huett looks too much like a regular happy go lucky boy..he has a very child like face. I can see more seriousness and depth in Benward's look..especially his eyes.

I would have a hard time taking Huett seriously as Bran..especially when Bran thinks he's almost a man grown and for the most part acts that way as well.

Personally I have only one thing that makes me prefer Benward to Huett and that's the look. Even though Bran is a child he's got a bit of an old soul and develops some maturity as well..after his accident he's more subdued and I personally feel that Huett looks too much like a regular happy go lucky boy..he has a very child like face. I can see more seriousness and depth in Benward's look..especially his eyes.

Okay, that's really weird because that is exactly my reason for preferring Huett! To me, Benward looks like a cheeky little kid who doesn't have a care in the world. Huett looks like a little boy, yes, but he looks more intelligent and more solemn. Look at those eyes! Those are eyes which hold an old soul! I don't get that from Benward at all. Huett can look like an innocent child but he can also look like a child who believes himself to be more mature than he should be. And like I said a few pages ago, Benward looks so very ordinary whereas Huett has an almost otherworldly quality to him. Again, I think it's the eyes. Those are some big, deep eyes Huett has! I'd have a hard time believing Benward had super psychic warging powers. Add to that that Huett is younger, has more naturally Tully colouring (recent pics of Benward show that he has brown hair), and I know he can act and there's no contest for me. Huett all the way!

That recent pic of Benward makes him look a little old, I'm changing my vote to Huett. Sorry Blah.

I really like Chris for Lancel too. Lancel is supposed to be handsome, Sansa describes him as 'comely', I don't think the other two are attractive enough. And I watch Hollyoaks (the shame!) and Chris's character is very similar to Lancel. So I know he could be good there.

Anyway, I was thinking about Meera, and what about if we moved Ellen Page, from Mya to Meera? That girl is tiny and dark, only 5'1", and has a strange pixie look to her, imo. And she really doesn't look like the older sister of Trevor Blumas.

Also, I was looking at the website, and thought that our current Robert Arryn looks alot like her little brother! I know I just voted for Hayden, but David is younger, and after seeing him in The Ring, I know he is fantastic at playing the freaky kid.

So then I was thinking about a new Mya? What about Jemima Rooper? She is attractive, but not in an obvious way, which would suit Mya, I think. pic

As for Brophy, if you can think of a charcter

Some I think are not so good: Jojen Reed (two years isn't that big of a change), Beren Tallhart, Larence Snow, Tywin Frey, Sandor Frey, Hoster Frey.

But I think he'd be a perfect Devan Seaworth (...how old is the squire anyway?).

...But alas, there are no recent pics of Sadwyn. Eldarion was his only role. Though here is a pic of his big brother Riley: http://www.jedbrophyfansite.bravehost.com/profile.html (just go down... Jed Brophy is their father)

Okay, that's really weird because that is exactly my reason for preferring Huett! To me, Benward looks like a cheeky little kid who doesn't have a care in the world. Huett looks like a little boy, yes, but he looks more intelligent and more solemn. Look at those eyes! Those are eyes which hold an old soul! I don't get that from Benward at all. Huett can look like an innocent child but he can also look like a child who believes himself to be more mature than he should be. And like I said a few pages ago, Benward looks so very ordinary whereas Huett has an almost otherworldly quality to him. Again, I think it's the eyes. Those are some big, deep eyes Huett has! I'd have a hard time believing Benward had super psychic warging powers. Add to that that Huett is younger, has more naturally Tully colouring (recent pics of Benward show that he has brown hair), and I know he can act and there's no contest for me. Huett all the way!

I don't see that at all in Huett..but if he's the favorite choice then alright.

Age wise as well I think Huett is too young..Bran will most likely be played by someone 12 to 14 years old that looks a bit younger.

As for acting..we're talking a minor role in a tv series (huett) vs. the staring role in a movie (benward)

Chris Fountain is fit but he only wishes he had a body like Jensen Ackles! :drool:, there's no contest. He's not as tall as Jensen either. I'm not sure of his exact height but he always looks Ali Bastian, who can't be more than 5'8", and that's pushing it. I'd be surprised if he was taller than 5'9".

Basically he looks like a cheap imitation of Jensen Ackles, which is exactly what Lancel is supposed to be.

---

(This post brought to you by the Chris Fountain for Lancel Lannister campaign)

Well, if you feel THAT strongly about it, I'll concede, at least until we find a better option. :)

Archived