Casting the Movie Continued Continued Continued

Ser Bruce the Hound KG

Holloway's not a good actor, looks nothing like the part and is too old.

Tom Welling is too old for Jon, too. And seriously, Tywin and Eddard look absolutely NOTHING alike, nor is TLJ anything like Tywin

You may be right on he ages for the early part of the series but it's amazing what Hollywood can do!

I didn't mean Tywin and Eddard had to look alike just be alike! Both strong men. Mean what they say and do what they mean. Fierce in their resolve for what they believe.

For 'early parts?' None of those actors look anything like their characters. There's no reason to replace the people who certainly look the parts and can play them

Tywin and Eddard are very little alike minus strength in resolve. Tywin's resolve is borderline sadistic.

Okay, here's where we stand with certain characters...

Generally Agreed Upon...

Edric Dayne--Cayden Boyd

Edric Storm--Cody Estes

Sweet Robin--Carter Page

Ned--Jack Davenport (Nothing new here, just a picture change)

Edmure--Simon Woods

Ygritte--Natalie Press

Lysa--Olivia Colman

Ashara Dayne--Charlotte Salt

Messandei--Brenna Demerson

Margaery Tyrell--Olivia Thirlby

Jojen Reed--Hayden McFarland

Falyse Stokeworth--Fanella Woolgar

Podrick Payne--Joseph Castanon

Shireen--Juliette Goglia

Joffrey Baratheon--Drew Osborne

Myrcella Baratheon--Bella Thorne

Jeyne Poole--Katie Cecil

Lyanna Stark--Tamsin Egarton

Daario--Chris Robert Young

Lancel Lannister--Chris Fountain

Bronn--Christopher Eccleston

Rhaegar--Charlie Hunnam

Still Being Argued...

Bran Stark

Luke Benward

Zane Huett

Bobby Coleman

Meera Reed

Alexandra Purvis

Maiara Walsh

Ellen Page

Mya Stone

Jemima Rooper

Michelle Ryan

Mero

Tony Curran

Nils Allen Stuart

Jaime Lannister

Jensen Ackles

Rupert Friend

Heath Ledger

Rupert Penry-Jones

Hugh Dancy

Catelyn Stark

Kate Winslet

Radha Mitchell

Emily Woof

Maybes that haven't really been supported but aren't contested either...

Olyvar Frey--Mark Musso

Alayaya--Yaya Decosta

Biter--Derek Mears

Osney Kettleback--Ben Whishaw

Marrilion--Rory Jennings

Jhogo--Eddie Spears

Other Dothraki--Carlos Lauchu, Nathaniel Arcand

Jhiqui--O'Orianka Kilcher

Irri--Tamara Feldman

I didn't add in any of the Frey stuff, too confusing to keep track of them all. If someone wants to make me a list of all the possibilities for each Frey, I'd be happy to add them and their pictures to this list. If I left anyone else out, just let me know. As for my own personal preferences:

Bran: Zane Huett

Meera: Ellen Page

Mya: Michelle Ryan

Mero: Nils Allen Stuart

Jaime: Rupert Penry-Jones (Although I haven't seen him act, so it's iffy)

Catelyn: Kate Winslet

-Derek Mears as Biter is just inspired! (I missed when he was proposed but bravo to the person who found him!)

-I thought we had agreed on Maiara Walsh as Meera.... Anyway I vote her again.

-Tamara Feldman looks like she could be Amber Heard (our Daenerys)'s mother. No way she could pass as Irri. What's wrong with Mila Kunis? If she must be replaced, it has to be someone who looks young. (I can't seem to find Feldman's date of birth..)

-I think Ackles and Penry-Jones are our best contenders for Jaime. Personally I prefer Penry-Jones. He has a more aristocratic look to him and looks older. That said, since I haven't seen him act ... :dunno:

-I prefer the Alayaya we have (Meagan Good).

-Michelle Ryan is not how I picture Mya Stone at all. If her bosom was not so huge, she could have been a good Brienne though.

-Kate Winslet as Catelyn.

- I don't like O'Orianka Kilcher as Jhiqui. Though I agree Rosario Dawson is too old.

My picks for the contested characters:

Bran - Zane Huett. Bobby Coleman second choice.

Meera Reed - Ellen Page

Mya Stone - I like both actresses and would be happy with either!

Mero - Nils Allen Stuart

Jaime Lannister - Jensen Ackles or Rupert Penry-Jones

Catelyn Stark - Kate Winslet or Emily Woof

As for the Freys:

Emmon:

Alex Jennings

David Bamber (generally agreed upon)

Stevron:

George Costigan

Alun Armstrong (generally agreed upon)

Cleos:

Stephen Campbell Moore

Genna:

Brenda Fricker

Catherine O'Hara

Walder Rivers:

George Costigan

Black Walder:

Rafe Spall

Ryman:

Timothy Spall

Big Walder:

Jimmy Bennett

Also buried in the Frey posts was Joseph McManners as Willem Lannister, which everyone seemed to like.

I like Bamber for Emmon and Armstrong for Stevron, and all the other suggestions. I prefer Brenda Fricker as Genna though I see Darcia's point that she may be too old. I don't think Catherine O'Hara is right though - I think Genna needs to look more like she was once a very attractive woman.

Tamara Feldman looks like she could be Amber Heard (our Daenerys)'s mother. No way she could pass as Irri. What's wrong with Mila Kunis? If she must be replaced, it has to be someone who looks young. (I can't seem to find Feldman's date of birth..)

She's about 25. Kunis is 23. The reason we need to replace both Kunis and Dawson is because neither of them look Native American and we want the Dothraki to all look like they're from the same ethnic group.

Thanks for the clarification, Tysha.

I'd like to proposed someone else for Lancel because I don't really like Chris Fountain. What about Max Thieriot . young max . in 2007. He ain't Schwarzenneger, but not a stick either. He's just a year younger than Chris Fountain I think. AND: He had a nomination from Young Artists Award for best performance in a feature film in 2006.

Actually, I think he'd make a good Joffrey! He's very young looking (perhaps too young for Lancel - the thought of Cersei - or anyone - having sex with him is faintly disturbing!) - he only looks about 15 in the 2007 pics. He's better looking than Drew Osborne - I can definitely imagine Sansa swooning over him - and in that first pic in particular he looks like an absolute little swine!

Actually, I think he'd make a good Joffrey! He's very young looking (perhaps too young for Lancel - the thought of Cersei - or anyone - having sex with him is faintly disturbing!) - he only looks about 15 in the 2007 pics. He's better looking than Drew Osborne - I can definitely imagine Sansa swooning over him - and in that first pic in particular he looks like an absolute little swine!

When I saw him I thought he would make a good Joffrey too! But isn't he too old for Joffrey? Lancel is supposed to be 15 so I don't think him looking 15 is a problem.

ETA: For Jhirri: Kira Clavell?

-- or: Dalia Hernandez ?

Isn't Ellaria Dornish? Rai is Asian, she doesn't look the least bit hispanic. Also, while she's got to be one of the most beautiful women the world has ever known, she just doesn't look dirty enough to be Ellaria! Belluci though oozes sex appeal. And as Lightsnake said, she's the same age as Oberyn (and just a couple of months younger than James Purefoy) so she's not too old.

When I saw him I thought he would make a good Joffrey too! But isn't he too old for Joffrey? Lancel is supposed to be 15 so I don't think him looking 15 is a problem.

Osborne is 16 next week so I don't think a 19 year old who looks 15 is too old. Joffrey needs to look older than Sansa, he can't be played by an actual 12 year old. Lancel though can't look too young IMO because of the whole having sex with Cersei thing. The woman is twisted enough without adding borderline paedophila to her list of sins!

ETA: For Jhirri: Kira Clavell?

-- or: Dalia Hernandez ?

Clavell is too obviously Aisan, she couldn't pass for Native American. Hernandez might do, though weren't the Mayans in Apocalypto mostly portrayed by non-actors?

I really don't see the problem with either Feldman or Kilcher though.

Also, while she's got to be one of the most beautiful women the world has ever known, she just doesn't look dirty enough to be Ellaria!

Sansa's description of Ellaria Sand, ASoS:

She is not truly beautiful, she thought, but something about her draws the eye.

One problem here is that this is really easy to pass off as fact in a book, while a television audience will look at Oberyn and think "wtf, he can basically choose any woman he wants, why did he choose that grey mouse?" So I agree it's easier just to go with a hot, HOT woman. Which brings me to Monica Belluci.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Monica Belluci as Ellaria Sand in principle, but Ellaria has about 15 seconds of focus on her for the entire AFfC book - Monica Belluci is too big. I can't find a definite reference to Ellaria's age, but she has a fourteen year old daughter by Oberyn, so I'd guess she's in her late twenties or more. Which makes Emanuelle Chriqui an excellent option, IMO. Btw, here is Amok's rendering, hopefully the link works: Ellaria Sand

Anyway, I found the perfect candidates for Freys: Jeremy Howard

Just not sure which Frey though... The most likely I could find would have to be Lame Lothar, Walder Frey's twelfth son, who has a girl of seven according to the AFfC appendix.

And also his father, who is also an actor: Joe Howard

Again, not sure who. I find the Frey section in the appendices to be close to incomprehensible. Better leave it to someone who might not muck it up. :rolleyes:

Sansa's description of Ellaria Sand, ASoS:

I didn't mean Ellaria is beautiful, I meant Aishwarya Rai is beautiful rather than sexy, and it's sexy that Ellaria needs.

Emmanuelle Chriqui looks okay. I think Maribel Verdu would be a great Ellaria but I'm not sure how well she can speak English and as far as I know she's never acted in an English language film.

How about Karina Lombard? She's verrrrry sexy.

Jeremy Howard could be a good Edwyn Frey (son of Ryman, grandson of Stevron, brother of Black Walder). Joe Howard could be Aenys Frey (the one who has sons called Aegon and Rhaegar and a grandson called Robert :D). Not sure exactly how old Aenys is but he's got the same mother as Stevron and Ryman, so he's got to be about the same age.

How old is Jinglebell supposed to be? He's the son of Stevron who's Walder's eldest son, so probably somewhere around his thirties. I think Nick Frost would be absolutely wonderful there. He could do all the clowning around but there's also something wonderfully vulnerable about him so it would be absolutely heartbreaking when Cat killed him.

Oh, and a possible Jorah Mormont as well: Brendan Kelly

The obvious problem here is, can he pull it off? I haven't really seen him in anything but minor roles (The Rock, Con Air), maybe someone else has? I pretty much imagine Jorah as having a 'stone-face' anyhow, so it's pretty much a question of can he deliver the lines at the right time? :P

Archived