Watch, Watched, Watching: Mr and Mrs Smith and Other Famous Hits

IFR

17 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I saw it at 11 in theaters. One of many times my friends and I bought tickets for some kids flick then walked right in to any R movie we pleased.

We used to just chip in for one ticket then someone would open the fire exit. Until they got wise and alarmed it. But until then we'd often see 3 films in a row. 

9 hours ago, Heartofice said:

I managed the first episode of season 2 of Russian Doll and think I might stop there.

The main character, in fact all the characters in season one were grating and generally hard to watch, but somehow the premise and the writing pulled me through that first season and I enjoyed it.

This time there doesn’t seem to be enough there for me to overlook how much I dislike the main character, and it’s like they dialed up her personality to be more obnoxious. 

On the plus side I enjoyed the look and feel of early 80s, it doesn’t seem to be hyper glamourised version that we get shown today, but is grubbier and shitter, just like how I remember it 

3 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

I didn't find episode 1 that engaging either. I might benefit from re-watching season 1 to warm up to the characters. But I do remember season 1 also was slow going so I'll press on.

I enjoyed S2 ep1.  The humor in Nadia’s rambling monologue just really works for me.  Ep2 was a disappointment though.  It already feels like the plot and character arc won’t be worth my time.  I’m on the fence about continuing.

Archived