What Would Jon do When he Learns he was Born of Rape?

Corvo the Crow

1 hour ago, EggBlue said:

ugh  , so that seems official if paintings are canon! 

anyway , I really liked the tree . I also liked Lyanna's dress (albeit it's more Martel in terms of color than Stark! how did that happen ?) . but my favorite part of that pic was how creepy Rhaegar looked:P

He looks as creepy as some guy looking at highschool girls from a car or something like that... oh wait, he is a guy that kidnaps girls that would in our world be going to highschool, so just fitting. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 8:23 PM, Floki of the Ironborn said:

The 'rape' never happened. Lyanna eloped with Rhaegar. That's what GRRM has been hinting at throughout the story, and I frankly find it a much worse version of events than rape. Because that means Lyanna willingly and even happily ran away with a married man twice her age, and hid away with him in his wife's home turf even as the world was being torn apart because of their B.S.

The age gap isn't that great. At the time of their elopement (if such it was) Lyanna was sixteen(ish) and Rhaegar was about 23. While that's still a bit of a gap, it's much closer to being age-appropriate than it might be, and Lyanna was by IC standards (and modern RL standards in most countries) old enough to know what she was doing, rather than a child incapable of consent.

But yeah, the rest of your point stands.

9 minutes ago, Adelstein said:

The age gap isn't that great. At the time of their elopement (if such it was) Lyanna was sixteen(ish) and Rhaegar was about 23. While that's still a bit of a gap, it's much closer to being age-appropriate than it might be, and Lyanna was by IC standards (and modern RL standards in most countries) old enough to know what she was doing, rather than a child incapable of consent.

But yeah, the rest of your point stands.

well , she was 14ish when they first met and their love story supposedly began . however , there are two confusing points here imo. firstly, in book 1, from what Cersei says , it'slike Lyanna was 16 when she ran off, rather 16 when she died a year later . which could frankly be just George's lack of sense of timing! then , I personally don't know how to see this world's attitude towards maturity age!on one hand, Sansa at 12-13 is acting and is treated as if she is at least 16. and on the other 14yr old Jeyne Pool is a girl in Theon's mind rather than a grown woman. it is worth noting that the age gap between Theon and Jeyne is smaller than that between Rhaegar and Lyanna.

10 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

well , she was 14ish when they first met and their love story supposedly began . however , there are two confusing points here imo. firstly, in book 1, from what Cersei says , it'slike Lyanna was 16 when she ran off, rather 16 when she died a year later . which could frankly be just George's lack of sense of timing! then , I personally don't know how to see this world's attitude towards maturity age!on one hand, Sansa at 12-13 is acting and is treated as if she is at least 16. and on the other 14yr old Jeyne Pool is a girl in Theon's mind rather than a grown woman. it is worth noting that the age gap between Theon and Jeyne is smaller than that between Rhaegar and Lyanna.

I think that probably says more about Theon (traumatised, befuddled) and who Jeyne is marrying - and perhaps also about Jeyne's relative immaturity - than it does about general Westerosi standards.

Archived