I just realised how Euron travels so fast

Tyrosh Lannister

15 hours ago, Walda said:

Just like the battle of Fair Isle, he devises the plan and takes all the credit, while his bovine brother does the fighting. He knew the Tyrells and Redwynes and the sea-levies of Old Town are going to wipe out the Ironborn Lords in the Sheild Isles, that his current fleet will be decimated in Whispering Sound, no matter how powerful its wizard/blood sacrifice. But he seems quite convinced that doesn't matter.

I am not sure how far south of Whispering Sound he intends to sail in the meantime.  It would not surprise me if he turned tail and sailed far North instead. The winds are stronger, and the meridians smaller. The risks are greater, but, Euron. It seems to me his plunder could more likey come from the far north than the smoking seas of Valyria. His dragon horn looks a lot like Melisandre's Horn of Joramun. Walruses have tusks as well as elephants. And Skagos is the only place we have heard had unicorns.

Yes, he is leaving the Ironborn Lords on the Shields to be wiped out.

But he is obviously not taking his fleet to the Whispering Sound to meet the Redwyne Fleet.  Why would he?  Like you say, he would be wiped out.

He is not going to take his fleet "far north" either.  Why would he?  We know where he wants to go, and that is where he is going.  Slavers' Bay.

Edited by Gilbert Green