No others no hand

astarkchoice

8 hours ago, Alester Florent said:

I don't think there's much actually wrong with Sweetrobin that can't be cured by getting him away from his wretched mother, and the sooner the better. She seems determined to prevent him from developing out of infancy both mentally and physically. Give him a proper diet, some exercise, and some actual mental stimulation and he'll probably come on leaps and bounds. Either Stannis or Tywin would probably actually have done a decent job with him if they can keep patience, especially given at Dragonstone he'd have Shireen to help encourage him, and at Casterly Rock Tyrion would probably take an interest. Even so, perhaps the more gentle approach of a Ned might be more effective... but really nobody in Westeros could do much worse than Lysa. I feel like even Balon could have made something of him.

Yes, he has something that may well be epilepsy, but that is manageable and need not prevent him living a long and relatively healthy life, even in Westeros.

Yeah i meant if he cant be brought back from the damage lysas done

At this stage even the wiki has him decribed as mentaly and physicaly stunted 

4 hours ago, Lee-Sensei said:

I think that's possible, but I still think his brothers are more likely to be appointed to the position. George described Robert as "fond" of Renly, although they weren't close. He didn't necessarily like Stannis, but he "loved" them both and was dutiful towards them. Robert was closer to Jon and Ned than his siblings, but his brothers were the next step down. He was close to his bannermen though and Lord Estermont is a relative, so they're possible too though.

I don't think there's anything mentally wrong with Robert Arryn. If nothing else, he seems to be a good judge of character. Lysa just coddled him so he's weak and immature. He needs to be toughened up. Fostering would help or maybe Jon Arryn could reign his son in once Lysa's out of the picture. Stannis, Yohn Royce or heck.... even Tywin or Walder Frey would be better for the kid than Lysa.

I don't think so at all tbh. Robert doesn't need to. He already has a recognized bastard that's high born on both sides and receiving a noble education. I'm pretty confident that he'd just legitimize Edric. He can get sex anywhere. I do think Margaery would make him better. She's a very supportive person, but I really don't see him getting married again after what Cersei did to him and his family. I could see Edric marrying Margaery though.

Yeah. Varys is definitely going to be a problem moving forward.

I don't think Lancel would be passed over. There isn't much wrong with Lancel tbh and he's Kevan's eldest son. Even if Devan would make a stronger lord, I don't think he'd muscle Lancel out.

Balon and Asha? Yes. But that was them specifically. Theon's problem when he returns was partially that Balon, Asha and to an extent Aeron had made him feel replaced and that people weren't worshiping him. The show made it look like Theon was considered a joke on the islands, but feelings in the book were much more lukewarm. If Theon returns, he'd inherit without issue. The kingsmoot only happened, because Asha was believed to be Balon's only living heir and the ironborn wouldn't accept a woman ruling them in her own right.

Yeah. Probably.

Dunno it seems hes mentaly a little off, hes become cowardly and vicious another possible joffery but simple.....if jon arryn couldnt fix the damage lysa did id say hed be passed over...then again i suppose we are forgetting if lysa is gone then lil robin IS going to stannis! Maybe playing with shireen and patchface will help? (and occasionaly edric storm)  , if stannis wife still brings mel maybe she can fix the kid..or worse he picks up grayscale and it finishes him!

No a king cant stay unmarried its as much about the alliances as the breeding next gen too, margery ties the baratheons to house tyrell and the reach...stannis of course will get it in the ear from his florent  in laws but such is life

Yeah  if possible id say the baratheon boys would ensure he doesnt leave kl alive but thats easier said than done given all the secret passages there.

True without cersei and tyrion etc messing him up hes a good fit , that said if tywin is choosing  devan is too! hes considered both martial and mentaly  competent plus hed have gone ahead with his redwyne bethrothal thus securing house lannister from roberts wrath.

Dunno balon had been prepping asha to rule for some time ,both she and his publicly tearing down theon seems to be part of that...hed need to find a way to secure his dads approval OR find a way to stop them

Edited by astarkchoice

1 hour ago, astarkchoice said:

Dunno it seems hes mentaly a little off, hes become cowardly and vicious another possible joffery but simple.....if jon arryn couldnt fix the damage lysa did id say hed be passed over...then again i suppose we are forgetting if lysa is gone then lil robin IS going to stannis! Maybe playing with shireen and patchface will help? (and occasionaly edric storm)  , if stannis wife still brings mel maybe she can fix the kid..or worse he picks up grayscale and it finishes him!

No a king cant stay unmarried its as much about the alliances as the breeding next gen too, margery ties the baratheons to house tyrell and the reach...stannis of course will get it in the ear from his florent  in laws but such is life

Yeah  if possible id say the baratheon boys would ensure he doesnt leave kl alive but thats easier said than done given all the secret passages there.

True without cersei and tyrion etc messing him up hes a good fit , that said if tywin is choosing  devan is too! hes considered both martial and mentaly  competent plus hed have gone ahead with his redwyne bethrothal thus securing house lannister from roberts wrath.

Dunno balon had been prepping asha to rule for some time ,both she and his publicly tearing down theon seems to be part of that...hed need to find a way to secure his dads approval OR find a way to stop them

I don't think Robert's comparable to joffrey. The little Lord Arryn doesn't have Joffrey's innate cruelty.

Robert can though and there's no guarantee that he'd stay to be king anyways. Edric Storm is around Joffrey's age. In a few years he'll be king and Robert doesn't even want to be a monarch. One of the primary reasons he stays is to keep Joffrey and Cersei from ruling. Otherwise, he might bugger off to the Free Cities to become a sellsword. If the incest is revealed, that won't be an issue anymore and Edric is nearing adulthood. Gendry became the new Lord of the Stormlands in the show, but in the books it's almost certainly Robert.

Theon didn't need Balon's approval. Or Asha's tbh. It would be helpful, but unnecessary. She needs his approval more than anything, which is why Balon said he hoped Theon was dead so he can't stand in Asha's way. Victarion already accepted that he'd serve one of Balon's sons. Dagmer supported Theon. Lord Botley died for telling Euron that Theon was the rightful king. The kingsmoot only takes place, because Theon was believed to be dead.

On 8/15/2023 at 8:20 PM, astarkchoice said:

I think hed be too angry and hes enough of a warrior to know no one will beat the lannisters best (jamie and the clegane bros) so wouldnt allow a trial, barristan has no reason to risk his neck.

True, he could just kill her out of rage without trial