The path of the sword Blackfyre to the wall

I just want to offer what it think is the most plausible path for how Blackfyre ended up on the wall as longclaw:

During the 3rd blackfyre rebellion, Haegon I blackfyre was dishonorably killed after yielding his sword and surrendering. 

For Bittersteel's participation, we can be almost certain Blackfyre was in Haegon's hand. This is the distinction between rebellion 2 and 3 : the presence of bittersteel and the sword. Both are captured by war's end. (The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aerys I.)

Bittersteel is sent to the wall, but escapes, now without the sword, supported by the fact of the weakness of the 4th blackfyre rebellion, and the lack of the sword at the fifth. given the sword was absent during the fifth, we can assume the company did not have it. (yronwood took part in three, 1,3 & 4, but never one in which the sword blackfyre was definitly absent. truly the gatekeepers of the bloodroyal)

Who has it? bloodraven. a spoil of war or whathaveyou, he would never allow another preteneder to get their hand on it, and so kept it for himself, even as he was sent to the wall (a place he knew bittersteel wasnt at.). so it stayed until a possessed/ensorceled  mormont gave the blade to jon. 

Longclaw is after all never mentioned by jorah, even when given proper opportunity, and not by any shebears.

Longclaw is blackfyre. the very inclusion in it in fire and blood chekov guns that it will appear, and this one sword is the only candidate that can be properly traced to be that same blade. the golden company doesnt have it, or aegon would be weidling it.

On 3/26/2024 at 9:43 PM, Club-foot cleft-lips said:

I just want to offer what it think is the most plausible path for how Blackfyre ended up on the wall as longclaw:

During the 3rd blackfyre rebellion, Haegon I blackfyre was dishonorably killed after yielding his sword and surrendering. 

For Bittersteel's participation, we can be almost certain Blackfyre was in Haegon's hand. This is the distinction between rebellion 2 and 3 : the presence of bittersteel and the sword. Both are captured by war's end. (The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aerys I.)

Bittersteel is sent to the wall, but escapes, now without the sword, supported by the fact of the weakness of the 4th blackfyre rebellion, and the lack of the sword at the fifth. given the sword was absent during the fifth, we can assume the company did not have it. (yronwood took part in three, 1,3 & 4, but never one in which the sword blackfyre was definitly absent. truly the gatekeepers of the bloodroyal)

Who has it? bloodraven. a spoil of war or whathaveyou, he would never allow another preteneder to get their hand on it, and so kept it for himself, even as he was sent to the wall (a place he knew bittersteel wasnt at.). so it stayed until a possessed/ensorceled  mormont gave the blade to jon. 

Longclaw is after all never mentioned by jorah, even when given proper opportunity, and not by any shebears.

Longclaw is blackfyre. the very inclusion in it in fire and blood chekov guns that it will appear, and this one sword is the only candidate that can be properly traced to be that same blade. the golden company doesnt have it, or aegon would be weidling it.

Blackfyre is too long to be Longclaw .

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BRANDON GREYSTARK said:

Blackfyre is too long to be Longclaw .

The Wiki refers to them both as Hand and a half longswords, or what are in-universe called, bastard swords.

Blackfyre is the fabled hand-and-a-half longsword of Valyrian steel, once wielded by Aegon the Conqueror.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Blackfyre

Longclaw is the ancestral Valyrian steel bastard sword of House Mormont.

Longclaw is a bastard sword or hand and a half sword, which means it is a good half a foot longer than a standard long sword, tapered to thrust as well as slash. With three fullers incised into the blade to reduce weight.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Longclaw

bastard sword or hand-and-a-halfer[1] are swords which fall between the longsword or broadsword and the two-handed greatsword in size.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Bastard_sword

There are some distinctions in real life between what can be considered a bastard sword, however, with some definitions placing them between the size of an arming sword and a longsword.

If you know of any other official descriptions of the blades that might help distinguish the two further though, like actual length measurements, descriptions of the metal, or anything else, please let me know. No one else has challenged me on this post yet and i'm beginning to get afraid that I got this theory right.

Edited by Club-foot cleft-lips
everything is highlighted white? did i fix it?