AGOT MAFIA 46

House Targaryen

Hello everyone, I'm back for awhile. I am a little concerned with those that haven't checked in...I'd like to keep to ending the day at 3 because if I don't then I won't be back, likely, for awhile making this a very long day. I don't want that and I'm sure many of you don't want that either, but it may be what we have to do if the no-show situation hasn't been resolved.

King Stipe - Could you clarify for me how you'll handle the choice. I read your Option #3 as a reservation of the right to choose whomever you wish if you see something you think we missed. On my first reading I took that to be regardless of how we vote, but looking back at it (Thank you MM) it looks like you'll only do that if we can't reach a simple majority. If we reach a majority then you'll go with that person, period. Is that right?

King Stipe - Could you clarify for me how you'll handle the choice. I read your Option #3 as a reservation of the right to choose whomever you wish if you see something you think we missed. On my first reading I took that to be regardless of how we vote, but looking back at it (Thank you MM) it looks like you'll only do that if we can't reach a simple majority. If we reach a majority then you'll go with that person, period. Is that right?

Yup, that is my plan.

%$&*! I'm very sorry, I totally forgot about this game. I don't think I've been modkilled yet, so I guess I have some reading to do. :read:

Looks like Gwen is here, so my earlier concerns are alleviated. I don't really care if Brittney is modkilled, because even if she's innocent, one such loss wouldn't affect the number of days we'd have to lynch an evil player.

Stipe - I don't think you should delay your choice. 3 p.m. eastern time is a good deadline.

I. Never. Contribute. On. Day 1.

I have never liked this approach. The only purpse is to cover your own ass. If you're an inno wanting to avoid some stupid post that someone latches onto for a lynch then you're not helping the team. The other option is that you're an FM avoiding leaving any posts for people to analyze later. Really don't like it. And it encourages others not to participate in the game. :thumbsdown:

Really? Are you completely serious? You won't contribute on day 1? That is unbelievable.
As if you hear this for a first time. Yeah, I never contribute at Day 1, but I have a record of pinpointing about twenty baddies at days 3-5.

I just hope our current king isn't a newbie.

Mariah Carey - Not suspicious of him atm.
Thanks, Jennifer :)

Btw, who is that Carey girl? Never heard the name...

As if you hear this for a first time. Yeah, I never contribute at Day 1, but I have a record of pinpointing about twenty baddies at days 3-5.

Thanks for the metagaming Carey. It means nothing. You can defend your non-contributiveness all you like, but I said earlier what I think of the "I'll be helpful later!" approach. I could go out right now and claim that I have a 100% record of catching the bad guys by day 2. Would it be true? No, and there is no reason to believe what you're saying either. If you want to play the meta card be my guest, but I absolutely refuse to take such an arguement into account.

Looks like Gwen is here, so my earlier concerns are alleviated. I don't really care if Brittney is modkilled,
Well, speaking about alts, I am quite happy that Bon Jovi is one if most reasonable players we ever had, Michael Jackson is, er, interesting player... and Britney is very close to being modkilled.

Stilistically, I just want our king to lynch Madonna.

And the absence of David Bowie means you all know who I meant isn't playing? :)

It's 2 hours til your self imposed deadline. Any chance you're going to say something useful? Just curious.

I've said many useful things Miss Hennifer Lopez. I will start to post more of my thoughts though.

I just hope our current king isn't a newbie.

:rolleyes: to both. I agree it is very stupid to say you never contribute Day 1. Just don't contribute (or do) and live with the consequences. To say that you never do is just obnoxious.

If you want to play the meta card be my guest, but I absolutely refuse to take such an arguement into account.

Agreed.

As for my own thoughts,

I am leaning towards Jagger or Springsteen being the most suspicious, now with Mariah making her way up. I think that Bon Jovi is most likely to be innocent. More in a bit.

eta- I am rereading/tallying votes btw.

Hmm, yeah...you probably shouldn't "speak about alts". Let's just avoid this kind of discussion, as tempting as it is.
I meant speaking about stars.

Anyway, I agree it better fits for a topic at the board supporting. It would be very interesting to speak about. Whom is like whom, you know.

As for my own thoughts,

I am leaning towards Jagger or Springsteen being the most suspicious, now with Mariah making her way up. I think that Bon Jovi is most likely to be innocent. More in a bit.

I can support a Jagger lynch. I might be wrong, but luckily the CF will tell us a guilty even for a symp. My reason, and I pointed this out yestersday, but then let it drop: The song Jagger quoted was "Sympathy for the Devil" He said he had been waiting to make that posts and that it was one of the few songs by the Stones that he knew so I let it drop, but it has been bugging me ever since and it is the reason for my "gut" suspicions of him. I never thought this was one of the more widely known Stones songs...it gets very little play on the classic rock stations (doesn't mean he is lying, this is just the reason I was suspicious)

I do not think he addressed his comment to an FM though.

(and I am very unhappy with Miarah and would have no problem seeing her gone)

There's an obvious difference. In a normal game, you can afford to have one or two nut-jobs get so upset with you that they refuse to consider the possibility that you're innocent. In this game, one of those nut-jobs could be named King. In which case, I'd be in trouble. If I was a FM, I wouldn't want to take that risk.

So instead you risk the possibility of a nut-job king wasting his kill on you when it could go towards an FM? Sure, you might play aggressively and avoid an FM kill, but your chances of wasting one of our King's votes are skyrocketing.

So instead you risk the possibility of a nut-job king wasting his kill on you when it could go towards an FM? Sure, you might play aggressively and avoid an FM kill, but your chances of wasting one of our King's votes are skyrocketing.

As an innocent, I think it's worth the risk. The reason being that I believe this play-style is most conducive to me being able to figure out who's evil. Or somebody else being able to figure out who's evil, as a result of some of the discussion that I helped to stir up.

Archived