AGOT Mafia Game 51

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Royce' post='1333239' date='Apr 29 2008, 01.25']You don't like their explanation?
They said they are short of time and checked in while they could.[/quote]They were cought reading the thread unhidden and not posting. They explained this by being short of time, still they were online long enough to be cought. They gave the explanation only after being caught, not willingly. I found this suspicious. Not greatly suspicious, but enough to prefer Footly to Qorgy.

[quote name='House Bracken' post='1333308' date='Apr 29 2008, 04.13']I don't know. It could be unprecedented, but would it *have* to be mentioned in the rules? I mean it seems fair to me if everyone was equally in the dark on the issue.[/quote]
It would be pointless if it was completely random. It really, truly, honestly would be. Also, the mods would not add something that is not explicitly allowed for in the rules.
[quote name='House Bracken' post='1333308' date='Apr 29 2008, 04.13']It's a good point that having it be a secret doesn't incentivize posting until it's discovered. OTOH, 30 posts is not a terribly large number of posts and it seems likely, to me, that someone would have easily hit that quota fairly early on D1.[/quote]
For some of us post whores it isn't a lot, probably 1/3 of us will reach it. Maybe. Regardless, Tarbeck's behavior speaks volumes about his role IMO...and the fact that a random event, again, simply wouldn't happen if it wasn't in the rules.
[quote name='House Bracken' post='1333308' date='Apr 29 2008, 04.13']WJ can't just come out in the rules and say, first one to 30 posts gets immunity! He was probably hoping that his announcement would spark discussion about the possibility of such incentives. Maybe he is hoping that a bunch pf players post up a storm on D2 hoping to win a prize and there probably won't be anything to win after D1. Who knows?[/quote]
I really don't think so, for every reason I've said before. Also, posting for the sake of posting isn't a good thing for the game. I would not want to see 9 people trying to rush to 30 posts, that would just be obnoxious. Just agree with me on this, it was part of his role.

[quote name='House Mullendore' post='1333310' date='Apr 29 2008, 04.19']They were cought reading the thread unhidden and not posting. They explained this by being short of time, still they were online long enough to be cought. They gave the explanation only after being caught, not willingly. I found this suspicious. Not greatly suspicious, but enough to prefer Footly to Qorgy.[/quote]
You are metagaming here, it is not a valid point of discussion. (If someone is logged in and not invisible you are not supposed to point it out, thus commenting on it further is not allowed)

[quote name='House Royce' post='1333313' date='Apr 29 2008, 04.25']Just agree with me on this, it was part of his role.[/quote]

okay :D

Whether it was part of his personal role, or he was just the lucky bastard who stumbled across an easter egg, it doesn't really tell us anything about his alignment, so there's not much harm in agreeing with you.

[quote name='House Bracken' post='1333316' date='Apr 29 2008, 04.38']okay :D

Whether it was part of his personal role, or he was just the lucky bastard who stumbled across an easter egg, it doesn't really tell us anything about his alignment, so there's not much harm in agreeing with you.[/quote]
It tells us about his intent though. Thus far their game has been spam, spam, spam, receives power and disappears. They have provided us very little into what they are actually thinking or really anything at all. Admittedly, the time they were posting there was not a lot of other things going on, however it will be interesting to see how they behave when (if?) they return before the end of the day.

The day started at 19:45 GMT so it will end (36 hours) at 7:45 GMT (Wednesday)
Tarbeck's last post was 2:07 GMT and wouldn't need to post until (30 hours) 8:07 GMT

[quote name='House Royce' post='1333314' date='Apr 29 2008, 03.27']You are metagaming here, it is not a valid point of discussion. (If someone is logged in and not invisible you are not supposed to point it out, thus commenting on it further is not allowed)[/quote]I am using only information available on the thread. If mods wouldn't want us to discuss that incident, they would require initial poster to delete mentioning of it.

[quote name='House Mullendore' post='1333323' date='Apr 29 2008, 04.50']I am using only information available on the thread. If mods wouldn't want us to discuss that incident, they would require initial poster to delete mentioning of it.[/quote]
Reminding someone to log in invisibly is one thing. Using that as evidence is something different entirely. The basis of that information is not available on the thread.

[quote name='House Blackfyre' post='1332279' date='Apr 28 2008, 14.10']Players must:
2) Log in and view the thread and the discussion board anonymously at all times, unless they have informed the mods that this is not possible for technical reasons
[snip]
Players must not:
6) Post information on the thread relating to another player's past or current activity on (or absence from) the board that would not otherwise be available to anybody reading the thread.[/quote]

[quote name='House Royce' post='1333324' date='Apr 29 2008, 03.56']Reminding someone to log in invisibly is one thing. Using that as evidence is something different entirely. The basis of that information is not available on the thread.[/quote]Let the mods to deal with this.

Anyway, I can't give you another explanation of my vote.

[quote name='House Mullendore' post='1333336' date='Apr 29 2008, 05.25']Let the mods to deal with this.

Anyway, I can't give you another explanation of my vote.[/quote]
God forbid we police ourselves. Do we really need mods to slap us on the wrist to keep us on the straight and narrow, can't we just be responsible and fair?

Well, that is all I'll say on thread on the matter.

[quote name='House Mullendore' post='1333310' date='Apr 29 2008, 04.19']They were cought reading the thread unhidden and not posting. They explained this by being short of time, still they were online long enough to be cought. They gave the explanation only after being caught, not willingly. I found this suspicious. Not greatly suspicious, but enough to prefer Footly to Qorgy.[/quote]
Regardless whether this is ok to discuss or not...it is shitty reasoning regardless and I don't find it compelling in the least. You could have simply said "Footly because they haven't posted since their first post" or something like that and I would have no problem.

[quote name='House Royce' post='1333362' date='Apr 29 2008, 05.41']Regardless whether this is ok to discuss or not...it is shitty reasoning regardless and I don't find it compelling in the least. You could have simply said "Footly because they haven't posted since their first post" or something like that and I would have no problem.[/quote]So, you would be happy if I chose between Footly and Qorgyle randomly but you don't like my try to find a reason to prefer one to another?
It was shitty reason, yes, but rolling a d2 would be shittier.

[quote name='House Mullendore' post='1333368' date='Apr 29 2008, 06.51']So, you would be happy if I chose between Footly and Qorgyle randomly but you don't like my try to find a reason to prefer one to another?
It was shitty reason, yes, but rolling a d2 would be shittier.[/quote]
It begs the question, why? Why give a shitty reason? To look like you found [i]some[/i] evidence to back your vote maybe. Protecting Qorgyle perhaps.

[quote name='House Blackfyre' post='1332994' date='Apr 28 2008, 22.42'][b]MOD ANNOUNCEMENT:

House Tarbeck is immune from today's lynch.

All votes cast against him will automatically be removed.[/b][/quote]
umm...thank you?

I was asleep, sorry. I'm in the states, and those are my normal sleeping hours. And I am incredibly sorry, but I'm about to head out for several hours, and I have about 10 minutes, so here is all and everything I can say now. I promise I will be back with plenty hours left in the day and will definitely contribute once I'm back. My thoughts:

This was NOT part of my role description. I knew nothing at all about this, and I don't actually like it.

I don't like it because there is no reason for another player to give me immunity unless part of the role required it in exchange for something else (e.g. you have to make tonight's target immune to lynch so that they have at least one day to stay alive). If this protection comes at a cost I'm not aware of, that will suck :P

I went to bed right after my last post, I don't know if I got immunity from the mods or another player, but as far as I'm aware, I had nothing to do with it.

I'll be the first to admit my first posts sucked, but I really don't think there was anything genuine to talk about. Now there is, and I have no time. I'm not avoiding posting though, just busy. I will be back in about 9 hours (i think), and will post all my thoughts on everything then. I'm sorry, it's unavoidable.

so to clarify:

I know nothing more about my immunity than you guys do. It could be a mod reward, or another player's action. If it is another player's action, the only reason I see for using it day 1 is as a sort of requirement to do something else.

I've been away for a while, and now have to leave as well, but I'll be back with lots of time to make up for it, so please don't be mad.

Tarbeck, OUT

[quote name='House Royce' post='1333369' date='Apr 29 2008, 05.56']It begs the question, why? Why give a shitty reason?[/quote]Because it was actual reason behind my vote. Why should I hide it?

In fact, initially I just said I didn't like Footly's explanation. It was you who asked me for details. And now you ask me why I've asnwered you suspicions? What sort of trap it is?

Forgot to mention, I had lots of useless posts because I was bored and wanted the thread to move along. That's the only reason I had such a big post count of dumb posts.

[s]I have 5 minutes if someone has a real quick question?[/s]

be back in about 9 hours, sorry

[quote name='House Tarbeck' post='1333373' date='Apr 29 2008, 06.01']I know nothing more about my immunity than you guys do. It could be a mod reward, or another player's action. If it is another player's action, the only reason I see for using it day 1 is as a sort of requirement to do something else.[/quote]Interesting.

I'm inclined to agree with Royce and Harclay that the Mods rewarding a top poster with immunity (or something similar) is unlikely, especially at the time of day it occurred. Tarbeck has said that their role does not allow them to become immune to lynches. So somebody else must have done something. Why they chose to act this early and why they chose Tarbeck for their target is more of a puzzle.

ETA: Screw it. I can't think of any reason for anyone to act that early in the game. It makes no real sense to me.

Hello again

I've been in a couple of games with immunity, and iirc, so far it was always a player action, not a mod one.
It's also an unlikely thing to do to yourself because it's such a sucky blessing. You may get to stay alive that day, but it always raises so much suspicion that you never get to live it down.
So my guess is that was somebody who doesn't want Tarbeck to live for a long time.

It is day 1.

18 players remain: Bracken, Coldwater, Dondarrion, Footly, Garner, Grandison, Harclay, Hunter, Moore, Mullendore, Qorgyle, Royce, Sarsfield, Stackspear, Swyft, Tarbeck, Vyrwel, Yarwyck.

10 votes are needed for a conviction or 9 to go to night.

2 votes for Dondarrion ( Tarbeck, Coldwater)
1 vote for Qorgyle ( Bracken)
1 vote for Stackspear ( Vyrwel)
1 vote for Coldwater ( Stackspear)
1 vote for Royce ( Dondarrion)
1 vote for Vyrwel ( Grandison)
1 vote for Bracken ( Hunter)
1 vote for Footly ( Mullendore)
1 vote for Mullendore ( Royce)
1 vote for Sarsfield ( Harclay)

7 players have not voted: Footly, Garner, Moore, Qorgyle, Sarsfield, Swyft, Yarwyck.

Roughly 20 hours remaining.

Gah, it was hard to read all of that. But I managed.

Because of that, I have a question for [b]Royce[/b]: Why have you read all of those boring cock joke posts, and avoided one of the first substantial posts in the game? Even if it didn't promise a thing, you ought to read it just to get a read on Bracken.

Speaking of Bracken, he should have dropped that silly argument way before he did. It's painfully obvious that mods didn't have anything to do with Tarbeck thing and it was by no means an accident. It's just not the way Mafia works, and it was not in the rules. I don't see how he even got the idea, and why did you guys let him go on and on about it, wasting our time and his enthusiasm.

Archived