AGOT Mafia Game 51

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Mullendore' post='1333115' date='Apr 28 2008, 22.04']I don't really see a conflict here.[/quote]

Well, that I can work out now, (and there are probably more reasons) theoretically we could all give our mains and are obligated by the rules not to lie. This means that if we name-claimed in day one, then again on day 10, the faceless man would have a different name or automatically be assumed to be the FM for not claiming.

[quote]House Royce:
What was the point of all that? I don't think I've ever seen a bigger waste of time posted before.[/quote]

Was it your time he wasted? Because that analysis took about a minute to read. I'm not sure why it makes you so angry.

Anyway, I agree with most of whats been said about the faction distribution. I think that since we are all roled the faction won't be quite as crazy as they could be. I'm not sure I haven't participated in a game here for quite a while so I'm a bit out of the loop but personally I put the "serial killer, mafia, innocent" distribution as most likely. I'd say two mafias is the next most likely but the opening scene doesn't really point to that.

[quote name='House Hunter' post='1333135' date='Apr 29 2008, 00.24']Was it your time he wasted? Because that analysis took about a minute to read. I'm not sure why it makes you so angry.[/quote]
So we don't care now if people try to look as if they are contributing, but don't actually give us anything? Yeah? Ok, just checking. I'm not angry, I'm just perplexed as to why they would bother doing that and then bother posting it.

And why are you so concerned?

[quote name='House Royce' post='1333142' date='Apr 28 2008, 22.27']So we don't care now if people try to look as if they are contributing, but don't actually give us anything? Yeah? Ok, just checking. I'm not angry, I'm just perplexed as to why they would bother doing that and then bother posting it.[/quote]

I understand where your coming from based on the volumes of valuable analysis that's been provided so far, but I thought the weapon avatar plague was at least notable.

[quote name='House Royce' post='1333116' date='Apr 29 2008, 00.05']What was the point of all that? I don't think I've ever seen a bigger waste of time posted before.

I highly, highly doubt there would be a Faceless Man. Particularly with Moore's point.[/quote]

Sorry, I should have put a disclaimer indicating that I was not taking an avatar congruence theory seriously.... oh wait. I did say that.

So, we have players doubting the FM possibility, and players discounting the mystery cult theory.

That leaves 2 competing sets of killers. From a RP standpoint, one would be loyal to the Queen, and the other would be loyal to.....?

My gut is telling me that at least one of the evil teams is either cult or serial killer. I don't know which would be more likely. Ugh. I just had a thought that it could be both cult and serial killer with no regular FM team?

Maybe Symps to balance them out?

My head is spinning from just thinking about this, much less what role distribution might be going on. How many guards, finders, healers, soldiers, ninjas, vigs, etc, etc.

Shoud we reveal alts? Should we reveal roles? Should some roles reveal and others stay hidden?

Part of me thinks we should do something, just because I can't begin to limit the possibilities of this game in my mind. I also expect that there are more mod surprises in store. Another part of me thinks we should wait until D2 or D3 to consider any reveals. The finders, for example, need to stay hidden.

[quote name='House Moore' post='1333123' date='Apr 29 2008, 00.11']Well, that I can work out now, (and there are probably more reasons) theoretically we could all give our mains and are obligated by the rules not to lie. This means that if we name-claimed in day one, then again on day 10, the faceless man would have a different name or automatically be assumed to be the FM for not claiming.[/quote]But you can't reveal twice! Second time, it won't be technically a claim.
[quote]Well, it'd make the Faceless Man role virtually impossible to play once alts were known for one thing.[/quote]No. :)
It's hard to explain in general, so I'll give an example. When WJ replaced Halo in old game, many players already alt-guessed Halo. So, if Halo revealed himself before, it wouldn't affect anything.

[quote name='House Bracken' post='1333145' date='Apr 28 2008, 22.30']Shoud we reveal alts? Should we reveal roles? Should some roles reveal and others stay hidden?

Part of me thinks we should do something, just because I can't begin to limit the possibilities of this game in my mind. I also expect that there are more mod surprises in store. Another part of me thinks we should wait until D2 or D3 to consider any reveals. The finders, for example, need to stay hidden.[/quote]

I'd say don't reveal anything. If there are FMs it'd kinda lame the game down (though I'd reveal if necessary to prove my innocence) and I'm kinda interested in being surprised by roles.

I don't know how we should progress aside from a random vote since our most lynchable peer is immune.

[quote name='House Royce' post='1333142' date='Apr 29 2008, 00.27']So we don't care now if people try to look as if they are contributing, but don't actually give us anything? Yeah? Ok, just checking. I'm not angry, I'm just perplexed as to why they would bother doing that and then bother posting it.

And why are you so concerned?[/quote]

I'm not sure I like your characterization of the post as "not giving us anything"

You conveniently snipped out the actual substantive part of that same post which I am including here:

[quote]I just realized that there are only 18 players. I was thinking there were 20. If there are 3 factions in the game, there is probably a team of FM/Symps in some combination of 2-4 players. Possibly a cult as the 3rd faction? There is no indication in the opening scene that I can see. It could be two competing FM teams? If so, it can't be more than 3 evils per team. 6 out of 18 players would be a lot, but with competing evil factions, and an unknown role distribution.... I suppose anything is really possible. Serial killer vs. FM team of 4 vs. 13 innocents?[/quote]

If you think this blurb was also "not helpful" then fine, you are entitled to your opinion, but please don't mischaracterize the entire post based on one part that you didn't like.

[quote name='House Moore' post='1333147' date='Apr 29 2008, 00.33']I'd say don't reveal anything. If there are FMs it'd kinda lame the game down (though I'd reveal if necessary to prove my innocence) and I'm kinda interested in being surprised by roles.[/quote]
The FM are likely to have additional roles as well as being killers. They'd only reveal as their extra role which could be anything at all.

As for lynching, there's a long time left in the day. Not a lot of reasons to get panicky yet.

[quote name='House Sarsfield' post='1333150' date='Apr 28 2008, 22.37']The FM are likely to have additional roles as well as being killers. They'd only reveal as their extra role which could be anything at all.

As for lynching, there's a long time left in the day. Not a lot of reasons to get panicky yet.[/quote]

Heh, just saying I doubt that there will be some monumental discovery of scumminess on day one. In the next 20 hours.

[quote name='House Moore' post='1333147' date='Apr 29 2008, 00.33']I don't know how we should progress aside from a random vote since our most lynchable peer is immune.[/quote]We always have an option of lynching lowest poster. It worked well in some previous games.

[quote name='House Mullendore' post='1333146' date='Apr 29 2008, 00.32']No. :)
It's hard to explain in general, so I'll give an example. When WJ replaced Halo in old game, many players already alt-guessed Halo. So, if Halo revealed himself before, it wouldn't affect anything.[/quote]
Maybe. That [i]might[/i] work if we didn't know about the Faceless Man role as in this game, although I still think it'd make the role close to impossible to play properly.

[quote name='House Bracken' post='1333145' date='Apr 29 2008, 00.30']Sorry, I should have put a disclaimer indicating that I was not taking an avatar congruence theory seriously.... oh wait. I did say that.[/quote]
I'm still confused as to why you did it at all.

[quote name='House Bracken' post='1333145' date='Apr 29 2008, 00.30']My head is spinning from just thinking about this, much less what role distribution might be going on. How many guards, finders, healers, soldiers, ninjas, vigs, etc, etc.[/quote]
Probably 1 guard, 1 finder, 1 healer, 1 soldier, maybe a ninja, 1 vig, and most of them nerfed (given only 1 shot). Probably some useless joke roles like the Ovinomancer and other roles that just spice the game up rather than have a significant impact.
[quote name='House Bracken' post='1333145' date='Apr 29 2008, 00.30']Shoud we reveal alts? Should we reveal roles? Should some roles reveal and others stay hidden?[/quote]
Reveal your alt if you want, don't if you don't..that doesn't really matter.

As for roles, right now it is useless and will only allow evils to hurt us more. Later on when we need to maximize the abilities we have left it might be a good idea though.

eta- Bracken, I didn't read the rest because the beginning was a waste of time. *Slow clap for Bracken having something useful, maybe, in said post*

[quote name='House Moore' post='1333158' date='Apr 28 2008, 21.41']I didn't realize we knew there was *one* FM group.[/quote]
True - we don't know. In my mind it's very likely that at least on of the factions is a fairly traditional group of FM. I will probably run on that assumption until given reason not to.

[quote name='House Sarsfield' post='1333150' date='Apr 29 2008, 00.37']The FM are likely to have additional roles as well as being killers. They'd only reveal as their extra role which could be anything at all.

As for lynching, there's a long time left in the day. Not a lot of reasons to get panicky yet.[/quote]

Not only that, but the FM would probably reveal as some lame role like soldier or bulletproof or something similar which is impossible to prove. Plus there is no rule against false role reveals, just a rule against false alt reveals.

Mullendore, I'm confused about your alt reveal argument. Are you saying that if we all alt-revealed today, and the FM did his thing, and then we all alt-revealed again on Day 4, the FM would not be obligated to tell the truth because the only alt-reveal that counts is the first one?

It does seem to make sense becuase it would be an easy way to get rid of a FM.

So, does 2 NKs on N3 tell us that we have a serial killer and a mafia team? Only 1 NK could indicate a successful guard (of the FM) or heal action.

[quote name='House Royce' post='1333142' date='Apr 29 2008, 00.27']So we don't care now if people try to look as if they are contributing, but don't actually give us anything? Yeah? Ok, just checking. I'm not angry, I'm just perplexed as to why they would bother doing that and then bother posting it.

And why are you so concerned?[/quote]

Well he wasn't doing that at all, he clearly stated that the whole alt thing was frivolous. I'm concerned because you misrepresented something someone said, which usually isn't in the best interest of the innocents.

Actually, I didn't find Bracken's avatar listing all that strange. There did seem to be a large portion of avatars sporting weaponry and it was commented on, so - yeah, whatever. It also triggered a thought I almost don't want to bring up, but avatars might give a clue - [i]might[/i] if it were an evil mod game. I don't actually think it is, but the grouping of avatars put it in my head.

[quote name='House Bracken' post='1333166' date='Apr 29 2008, 00.49']So, does 2 NKs on N3 tell us that we have a serial killer and a mafia team? Only 1 NK could indicate a successful guard (of the FM) or heal action.[/quote]
Uhh, it doesn't tell us anything. We don't know what evil teams are out there or what their kill/convert/dinner schedule is like or if there even is one.

Archived