AGOT Mafia Game 51

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Moore' post='1333072' date='Apr 28 2008, 22.39']Obviously. Or not?[/quote]

I am pretty sure "not". the avatar choices were sure to be a source of discussion as well as the number of arrows/weapons which seem to stand out the most. We can watch how things shake out I suppose, but I really doubt it.

[quote name='House Bracken' post='1333062' date='Apr 28 2008, 23.33']There is no indication in the opening scene that I can see.[/quote]I can. It introduces two sides, the king and the queen. Not in flavor with two simmetrical evil teams.
[quote]I won't discount a role that has different win conditions than everyone else, but no major tools to achieve it other than gameplay. Have we ever had any roles like that? It seems to me that we might have, but I can't recall.[/quote]It was discussed but never actually used, I suppose.

[quote name='House Vyrwel' post='1333071' date='Apr 28 2008, 23.38']The 3rd faction I think I fear the most is a Faceless Man.[/quote]Interesting thought. Only point against it is that a few people don't want to play such a role, so in all previous games with it mods asked players to confirm if they would agree to be a FM. But, perhaps, WJ already knows whom he may give the role safely.

[quote name='House Hunter' post='1333083' date='Apr 28 2008, 22.47']Could some one do me a favor and remind me what a cult faction exactly is?[/quote]
A cult faction converts their targets instead of killing them. Nasty things, difficult to stamp out.

Yeah - it's a valid point against the Faceless Man. But like you said, I'm sure if WJ wanted to use it, he'd know who to give it to. Having brought it up, I don't place it in the 'likely' category at all. Just the 'crap that would suck' category.

Here is a link to [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=7600&view=findpost&p=254123"]Gertrude's mafia shorthand[/url].

Since we don't know what roles might be in play, and there are probably some n00bs out there.

A cult is a recruitment faction. Typically, there is an Original Cultist (OC) who recruits new players as a night action. The cult grows throughout the game and if the OCC dies, someone from the converts takes over the recruitment job.

[quote name='House Hunter' post='1333083' date='Apr 28 2008, 23.47']Could some one do me a favor and remind me what a cult faction exactly is?[/quote]
A faction which consists from one person only initially. During the game, this person recruits more cult members from innocents.
Cult won all games where it was included.

[quote name='House Moore' post='1333094' date='Apr 28 2008, 23.53']Can someone do me a favor and remind me what a Faceless Man faction is?

Like, how it's different from a regular mafioso.[/quote]
Faceless Man kills a player and switches to that player's alt, dropping his old.

the Faceless Man is one person who is able to 'replace' another player and take over their alt. They have to 'study' the same person for 2 nights before they can replace them as a night action. Their old alt shows up dead in the morning and the player who was behind the alt the Faceless Man decided to replace is locked out of their alt (password changed) and is dead. That's the main gist of it.

[quote name='House Moore' post='1333107' date='Apr 28 2008, 23.00']Oh, damn.

And the thing that happened to Tarbeck, is that common? (his immunization)[/quote]
No. But this game's likely to have all sorts of weird stuff going on as there are 18 different roles out there. Normally, there are no immunisation powers.

[quote name='House Moore' post='1333107' date='Apr 29 2008, 00.00']And the thing that happened to Tarbeck, is that common? (his immunization)[/quote]It was used exactly once. The role which makes a player immune to lynch for a day.
[quote]But I suppose that could conflict since the mod said we could reveal our mains.[/quote]I don't really see a conflict here.

[quote name='House Bracken' post='1333062' date='Apr 28 2008, 23.33'][snip the alt organizing nonsense][/quote]

What was the point of all that? I don't think I've ever seen a bigger waste of time posted before.

I highly, highly doubt there would be a Faceless Man. Particularly with Moore's point.

I think he's saying that since we are allowed to reveal our alts, the Faceless Man role would be even harder (maybe impossible? Did I read that we cannot claim to be anyone else, so that would mean a FM couldn't lie, right?)

Anyway, I don't want to get distracted by this as I think there are other options that are more likely. Cult is another very scary one. Again, I don't think Cult is high on the list of likely though either. I am basing this solely on WJ-meta. I know he doesn't like to win as cult if he wasn't the leader, so I don't know that he would include it.

[quote name='House Mullendore' post='1333115' date='Apr 28 2008, 23.04']I don't really see a conflict here.[/quote]Well, it'd make the Faceless Man role virtually impossible to play once alts were known for one thing. Some people are likely to know RL information that other players will not.

Archived