AGOT Mafia Game 51

House Targaryen

Ok, I'm back. Just catching up with the thread, happy that the cheese ( :sick: ) jokes have stopped.

I don't think we should reveal roles this early. If we're going to engage in role speculation--which I'd rather not do excessively--I'll say I don't think there's an actual Faceless Man in the game, and the setup would imply something other than two teams of killers. If there are two evil factions at all, which I'm uncertain is the case, I'd guess a serial killer for Evilz #2. Otherwise, a bunch of killers with a symp maybe and some overpowered symp roles. Check out past games WJ has modded, he tends to be paranoid about his precious killers killing each other off, and so he doesn't like to pit them against each other. ;)

Anyway. I don't think day 1 role reveals are useful. Day 2 or 3, yes. It's kind of scary to think of a large group of coordinated super-evil bad guys, but using those evil roles also means they'll have to lie about their night/day targets if they're faking a role later on, which means with all our info they'll be easier to catch in inconsistencies when we do a massive role reveal later on. I think that's the valuable part of role reveals, not trying to metagame whether X role fits better into Y faction or what have you.

More thoughts in a few minutes.

[quote name='House Royce' post='1333200' date='Apr 29 2008, 01.21']The beginning was a waste so I didn't read the end, it wasn't the length that was an issue. As for the other point, I won't respond to that at the moment.

eta- Mullendore ^^[/quote]This worries me. You [i]should[/i] read all posts in full, it's your duty as innocent. If you [i]are[/i] innocent, that is.
How we can expect to win this game if we don't pay attention?

[quote name='House Harclay' post='1333226' date='Apr 29 2008, 02.02']If there are two evil factions at all, which I'm uncertain is the case, I'd guess a serial killer for Evilz #2.[/quote]
[quote name='House Blackfyre' post='1328278' date='Apr 24 2008, 13.42']-There will be 3 factions in this game.[/quote]
So there are two innocent factions?
[quote name='House Harclay' post='1333226' date='Apr 29 2008, 02.02']Anyway. I don't think day 1 role reveals are useful. Day 2 or 3, yes. It's kind of scary to think of a large group of coordinated super-evil bad guys, but using those evil roles also means they'll have to lie about their night/day targets if they're faking a role later on, which means with all our info they'll be easier to catch in inconsistencies when we do a massive role reveal later on. I think that's the valuable part of role reveals, not trying to metagame whether X role fits better into Y faction or what have you.[/quote]
Agreed.

Harclay is very much off my list from earlier. *Looks menacingly at Footly and Qorgyle*

eta-
[quote name='House Mullendore' post='1333227' date='Apr 29 2008, 02.04']This worries me. You should read all posts in full, it's your duty as innocent. If you are innocent, that is.
How we can expect to win this game if we don't pay attention?[/quote]
Holy overreaction Batman! I apologize profusely for only reading 223.5 out of 224 posts thus far. I throw myself prostrate at your feet, begging for your forgiveness. That or I am concerned at your concern.

[quote name='House Vyrwel' post='1333230' date='Apr 29 2008, 02.10']So one post is all it takes to get 'very much off' your list?

But Royce does ask a good question - you doubt there are two evil factions? Define evil.[/quote]
Harclay said they would be away for awhile but would come back...and they did. I suppose 'very much' was a little stronger than it should have been. However, that post, in and of itself, is more than we've gotten from the other two I mentioned.

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1332964' date='Apr 29 2008, 02.05']Wow, Tarbeck has 33 posts in the game so far, all of them jokes. J'accuse you of padding your postcount Tarbeck.[/quote]

[quote name='House Blackfyre' post='1332994' date='Apr 29 2008, 02.42'][b]MOD ANNOUNCEMENT:

House Tarbeck is immune from today's lynch.

All votes cast against him will automatically be removed.[/b][/quote]

I'm thinking Tarbeck reached a condition which made himself immune, not that someone else made him immune, because that would be a weird thing to do at this point on day 1. In some game or another that WJ modded there was a role which got activated by making a certain # of posts with a certain word count. Anyway, this is along the same lines, and I would bet there's a reason why Tarbeck appeared to be padding his post count.

Just sayin'.

[quote name='House Royce' post='1333228' date='Apr 29 2008, 06.07']So there are two innocent factions?[/quote]

I can read. :dunce: Go me.

Enough with the metagaming on my part. I might as well just reveal my alt while I'm at it. This is Kat. I have modded with WJ in the past and a lot of my role speculation is based on what I remember WJ liking--or not.

[quote name='House Harclay' post='1333233' date='Apr 29 2008, 02.18']I can read. :dunce: Go me.

Enough with the metagaming on my part. I might as well just reveal my alt while I'm at it. This is Kat. I have modded with WJ in the past and a lot of my role speculation is based on what I remember WJ liking--or not.[/quote]
Lies! I don't see anything pertaining to rocks nor do I even see the word rock or stone in a single post thus far.

[quote name='House Vyrwel' post='1333234' date='Apr 29 2008, 02.19']No need to be rude, Royce. I understand what Mullendore is saying and agree to an extent. How do you know what is worth reading if you don't read it?[/quote]
First part wasn't worthwhile and I assumed it would continue.

[quote name='House Mullendore' post='1333235' date='Apr 29 2008, 02.19']Ok, I am leaving for a while and I hate to leave without a vote.
[b]Footly[/b]. because I don't like their explanation.[/quote]
You don't like their explanation? [quote name='House Footly' post='1332471' date='Apr 28 2008, 16.32']Okay, I know I'm alt-naked, but I'm short of time and I just wanted all of you to know I'm here, alive, cool, invincible, and in a rush.[/quote]
They said they are short of time and checked in while they could. Now I am being a bit hypocritical here because I'd be willing to vote for Footly, however your reasoning leaves a lot to be desired Mullendore. Is it really necessary to leave without a vote? Funny, usually people remove their vote before they leave, [b]Mullendore[/b].

If people want to alt reveal, it's their choice - sure, go for it. I just want to say that I don't see me revealing mine unless there is a compelling reason. I don't see the point in it.

Plus it takes away a lot of the fun for those few people on the spoiler boards right now. They can't feel superior if we don't send in our (hilariously wrong) alt guesses. :P

GnomeMod dropping by - last in, first out.

Think I found them all, but skimming posts could make me miss a vote or two :]

It is day 1.

18 players remain: Bracken, Coldwater, Dondarrion, Footly, Garner, Grandison, Harclay, Hunter, Moore, Mullendore, Qorgyle, Royce, Sarsfield, Stackspear, Swyft, Tarbeck, Vyrwel, Yarwyck.

10 votes are needed for a conviction or 9 to go to night.

2 votes for Dondarrion ( Tarbeck, Coldwater)
1 vote for Bracken ( Hunter)
1 vote for Coldwater ( Stackspear)
1 vote for Stackspear ( Vyrwel)
1 vote for Royce ( Dondarrion)
1 vote for Qorgyle ( Bracken)
1 vote for Mullendore ( Royce)
1 vote for Footly ( Mullendore)

9 players have not voted: Footly, Garner, Grandison, Harclay, Moore, Qorgyle, Sarsfield, Swyft, Yarwyck.

[quote name='House Sarsfield' post='1333013' date='Apr 29 2008, 02.59']Some sort of top poster thing maybe?

Not sure what you mean by WIFOM though, Royce? This doesn't appear to indicate anything at all to me. If it's a voluntary immunity it's low percentage playing it now no matter who you are. :unsure:[/quote]

Let's start with [b]Sarsfield[/b]. This isn't just revenge against him for having an avatar I mix up with mine (damn diagonal stripes) but I actually have an early suspicion that Sars (the person, not the virus) is evil.

Hardly discusses anything other that rules? Check.
Appears to be helpful? Check.
Gives me the willies with the above post? Check. My interpretation (call me crazy or paranoid if you will) is that Sars is saying "no way, my evil team didn't just do that, we're not setting anyone up and I know it". It's just a strange response. Perhaps Sarsfield can explain further why he doesn't think it's possible that Tarbeck being immune could have possibly been a WIFOM action.

[quote name='House Vyrwel' post='1333241' date='Apr 29 2008, 06.27']If people want to alt reveal, it's their choice - sure, go for it. I just want to say that I don't see me revealing mine unless there is a compelling reason. I don't see the point in it.

Plus it takes away a lot of the fun for those few people on the spoiler boards right now. They can't feel superior if we don't send in our (hilariously wrong) alt guesses. :P[/quote]

Yeah, no one else alt reveal please. I like making (hilariously wrong) alt guesses. I just don't like staying hidden. Now I can make guilt-free nerd puns. Except I can't think of any offhand.

Let's play animal, vegetable, mineral. You start, I'll try to think of what you are.

[quote name='House Vyrwel' post='1333064' date='Apr 28 2008, 22.33']I doubt a 4th faction. However, I won't discount a role that has different win conditions than everyone else, but no major tools to achieve it other than gameplay. Have we ever had any roles like that? It seems to me that we might have, but I can't recall.[/quote]

We have but I don't recall them being entirely successful. I find it weird that you'd actually consider it unless maybe you yourself are on a faction with unusual winning conditions [b]Vyrwel[/b].

Speaking of which, unless I'm missing something there's no place in the rules that actually lists what 'team innocents' actual name is. It's implied that it's Blackfyre hence why I'm reasonably certain I'm an innocent... but as far as I can tell it's ONLY implied. For all I know I'm on a team of one :P

[quote name='House Mullendore' post='1333227' date='Apr 29 2008, 01.04']This worries me. You [i]should[/i] read all posts in full, it's your duty as innocent. If you [i]are[/i] innocent, that is.
How we can expect to win this game if we don't pay attention?[/quote]

Well fuck. Guess I'm slacking in my 'duty' because I skimmed through like 99% of the first 4-5 pages. I'd say it's the 'duty' of the innocents to help their team rout out the baddies, and who says all the weeding has to be done by reading through every single post? People write a lot of pointless crap in this game.

In terms of set up, WJ promised a 'bloody' game. I take that as meaning there are multiple killing factions not a killing faction and a cult faction.

Also, just so people know. My post count might be fairly low for the next couple of days. Once the novelty of mowing down countless pixelated pedestrians wears off, I should be ready to contribute more ;)

Last vote count was not long ago but anything my bastard (both proper and figurate) brother Gnome can say is worth nothing. And there are a couple more votes anyway. Besides, I wanted to give you a chance to salute properly your rightful Queen.

It is day 1.

18 players remain: Bracken, Coldwater, Dondarrion, Footly, Garner, Grandison, Harclay, Hunter, Moore, Mullendore, Qorgyle, Royce, Sarsfield, Stackspear, Swyft, Tarbeck, Vyrwel, Yarwyck.

10 votes are needed for a conviction or 9 to go to night.

2 votes for Dondarrion ( Tarbeck, Coldwater)
1 vote for Qorgyle ( Bracken)
1 vote for Stackspear ( Vyrwel)
1 vote for Coldwater ( Stackspear)
1 vote for Royce ( Dondarrion)
1 vote for Vyrwel ( Grandison)
1 vote for Bracken ( Hunter)
1 vote for Footly ( Mullendore)
1 vote for Mullendore ( Royce)
1 vote for Sarsfield ( Harclay)

7 players have not voted: Footly, Garner, Moore, Qorgyle, Sarsfield, Swyft, Yarwyck.

[quote name='House Harclay' post='1333232' date='Apr 29 2008, 02.14']I'm thinking Tarbeck reached a condition which made himself immune, not that someone else made him immune, because that would be a weird thing to do at this point on day 1. In some game or another that WJ modded there was a role which got activated by making a certain # of posts with a certain word count. Anyway, this is along the same lines, and I would bet there's a reason why Tarbeck appeared to be padding his post count.

Just sayin'.[/quote]

You're suggesting Tarbeck knew about the immunity in advance?

I thought about that when it happened, but I can't figure why the mod would include knowledge of that rule in the role. If Tarbeck was the OC or the serial killer, it kind of singles him out in a way that those roles don't like to be singled out. It could be an important innocent role, but that doesn't feel right either. I can't think of a reason for the mod to single out an FM with that information. It could be that WJ just wanted to make sure that someone actually met the criteria on D1 so we would know that such surprises are out there to be discovered. Still, if the criteria was only 30 posts, someone was bound to hit that quite easily on D1, by accident, in an 18 player game. I think it's most likely coincidental, and he just happened to be the first poster to reach the criteria. The silence since earning immunity is a little odd, but it makes me think he's more likely an innocent (at least based on this pre-knowledge argument) who is taking advantage of the fact that he doesn't have to post any more on D1 to avoid his own lynch, or another coincidence and he is just not available right now.

Archived