Mini Game 51.25

Lannister Guard

[quote name='Riona' post='1354958' date='May 14 2008, 10.35']Actually, the way I see it the best argument as to why he's your partner is that by keeping Brighid alive by a minute's missed hammer, he keeps someone else as today's most likely lynch.

If you and him are partnered, it's better to have no lynch on day 1, brighid on day 2 than brighid on day 1...[/quote]

I don't think it matters when the no lynch happens from the FM's POV. Certainly it is better if it happens on its own rather than them having to so obviously force a no vote on D1. But, YMMV.

[quote name='Riona' post='1354958' date='May 14 2008, 10.35']And i seriously look forward to the case on me as Brighid's partner, dispite the fact I sat voting for her all day, and have her as one of the people I'd very happily lynch today.
If i can't get Ogan, it'll be her. But rest assured dear, if it can't be her it'll be you.
edit: Wow. Your no votes are your potential partner plus two of the game's leading voices (and favourites for a NK i'm sure)... Seriously, if i wasn't a hater of vibes i'd claim them now, but of course I do hate vibes.
So i'll rest on saying that's a very suspicious choice.[/quote]

Your vote in post #154 is only 4 hours before the end of the day, according to the timestamps on the mod update. I think it is a little overstating it that you were there "all day", and (as has been pointed out about me) there is a difference between saying you will vote for someone and actually getting them lynched. You seem to be most suspicious of Brighid as a pair or single FM, but you would rather vote her partner, Ogan, because he is more "dangerous"? I am not even sure what "dangerous" means in this context. Is he so silver tongued that he can weasel out of a lynch if we don't lynch him today? Yeah, he really showed his flair for deviousness at the end of D1, didn't he? Your position on these players does not ring true to me.

I can see you putting the 2nd vote on Brighid yesterday for distancing. With 50 minutes left in the day, there were still only 3 votes on Brighid, 4 votes at the 30-minute mark, and Teafa didn't put the 5th vote on until the very end. I don't think it is any more risky than Ogan flailing around trying to save his partner, Brighid, at the last minute with an obviously stupid strategy which would leave them both as clear suspects on D2. If your theory of Ogan and Brighid both being guilty is correct, I will be extremely surprised.

Look, I don't necessarily think you are the *best* choice out of that group to be Brighid's partner, but I am not ready to excuse you from it yet. I will do my best to sort it out later when I have time.

[quote name='Naomh' post='1354986' date='May 14 2008, 17.01']I don't think it matters when the no lynch happens from the FM's POV. Certainly it is better if it happens on its own rather than them having to so obviously force a no vote on D1. But, YMMV.

Your vote in post #154 is only 4 hours before the end of the day, according to the timestamps on the mod update. I think it is a little overstating it that you were there "all day", and (as has been pointed out about me) there is a difference between saying you will vote for someone and actually getting them lynched. You seem to be most suspicious of Brighid as a pair or single FM, but you would rather vote her partner, Ogan, because he is more "dangerous"? I am not even sure what "dangerous" means in this context. Is he so silver tongued that he can weasel out of a lynch if we don't lynch him today? Yeah, he really showed his flair for deviousness at the end of D1, didn't he? Your position on these players does not ring true to me.

I can see you putting the 2nd vote on Brighid yesterday for distancing. With 50 minutes left in the day, there were still only 3 votes on Brighid, 4 votes at the 30-minute mark, and Teafa didn't put the 5th vote on until the very end. I don't think it is any more risky than Ogan flailing around trying to save his partner, Brighid, at the last minute with an obviously stupid strategy which would leave them both as clear suspects on D2. If your theory of Ogan and Brighid both being guilty is correct, I will be extremely surprised.

Look, I don't necessarily think you are the *best* choice out of that group to be Brighid's partner, but I am not ready to excuse you from it yet. I will do my best to sort it out later when I have time.[/quote]

If it was for distancing reasons, why keep her as my number 2 suspect (behind Ogan and above you) rather than drop her like a hot potato?

In a cult game maybe that'd be unwise, but here? That's how i'd treat a partner i distanced from on day 1. Not that I'd bother distancing on day 1 anyway... not like I would have had links on everyone but her if not for the vote.

Plus no CF = distancing less important, no? Even a finder, it depends if we beleive them.

Alright I've spent a little while getting caught up rather than making a post saying, "I'm going to get caught up."

I will admit that time that people were up for lynching, Ogan, (once removing his vote from me, the then lowest voted player) is a little odd, but I'm not ready just yet to lay a vote down over for that. Along with this, I reread something I missed before that Brighid pointed out in a quote, where he actually preferred Naomh over Brighid (who was a vote below her I believe) once again going for the next lowest vote person, to try and make a no lynch? To protect a potential partner? Who knows. But he consistently was on a vote for the current least voted person or preferring that until the very end where he cast his vote on Brighid. As far as my actions there, I did not prefer either Brighid or Naomh over each other beyond which one was closer to a lynch, besides the fact that Naomh was slightly more suspicious (IMO), but I was then prepared to vote for either. I am inclined to think that due to the failure of the lynching that of the main people we had up to lynch, there could have been a FM on the chopping block.

I do not know whether to take Ogan's repeated OOC comments (not reading rules, emotions/thoughts about how the games have been lately) as truth or misdirection. You can never take anything as what it appears in this game. But I'll believe it for now because it seems legit. Fionn posting that he wasn't getting any attention and should be scrutinized was odd, but nothing worthy to judge him guilty yet to me. Since Fionn said he would be gone most of yesterday, I think we should wait until he turns up again. Which should be hopefully soon. As of right now I am thinking a potential vote towards one of the top voted players from before, unless I find something new out or other evidence comes up.

I'm going to go back and reread some posts because I seem to have drawn a blank on what I thought about a few players.

It is day 2.

9 players remain: Brighid, Dreyken, Fionn, Marga, Naomh, Ogan, Riona, Teafa, Varden.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Ogan (Marga, Riona)
1 vote for Fionn (Ogan)
1 vote for Brighid (Naomh)

5 players have not voted: Brighid, Dreyken, Fionn, Teafa, Varden.

12 hours remain in the day

Day will end at 02:18 EST - Board Time.

Gah.

Basically, I don't have as much time for this game as I should because of some stupid procrastination on my part. I'm going to vote for [b]Ogan[/b] today because of possible connections to both Brigid and Naomh, although I'd also like to point out that there's no real benefit to the killers forcing a no-lynch yesterday for its own sake, unless one of the lynch targets was a partner. Without knowing whether there's a guard or healer, it actually benefits the innocents now to be lynching with an odd number of people if someone is going to die each night.

I just want someone to die today, and Ogan/Naomh/Brigid all seem to be focused on trying to get one of the others lynched. I'd still like to hear their opinion on others in the game aside from the others in this triplet.

[quote name='Teafa' post='1355224' date='May 14 2008, 20.40']I just want someone to die today, and Ogan/Naomh/Brigid all seem to be focused on trying to get one of the others lynched. I'd still like to hear their opinion on others in the game aside from the others in this triplet.[/quote]
All right...

Fionn has been very quiet. Yesterday he voted Cargan, because of the vibe stuff and he started the day (if it wasn't still night) asking for more scrutiny on himself. Didn't want to lynch me, so he said that him not being around at the end of the day didn't matter. Pretty much all there is. Not much to say about him, really. Should post more, is too quiet.

Dreyken I like. Doesn't post too much, but what he posts is sensible stuff. Called Naomh out on being in the middle of the road, left half an hour before the day ended with his vote still on Naomh. Generally I like his posts, nothing that stands out to me.

Marga I... sort of like. As I said earlier, I am suspicious of agressive players, and this is especially true when I'm the target for this agression ;) However, don't believe she is evil.

Riona is currently the highest poster, and I find this sort of strange. Somehow her posts doesn't make much of an impression on me, though I do remember the avatar around on a few posts. Points out the benefits of a no lynch for the killers. Sounds like a sensible player.

Ok, I have to go do something else. Teafa and Varden remains. Not much to say about Teafa, Varden has turned out to be sensible, after being away for much of day 1.

[size=7]BOOM[/size]

You a shocked and stare in awe as tiny body parts rain down on you over a mile radius.

as you gather your wits, you realise that someone just stepped on a land mine.

[b]Fionn has been modkilled for inactivity.[/b]

It is day 2.

8 players remain: Brighid, Dreyken, Marga, Naomh, Ogan, Riona, Teafa, Varden.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

3 votes for Ogan (Marga, Riona Teafa)

4 players have not voted: Brighid, Dreyken, Ogan, Varden.

8 hrs remain.

Day will end at 02:18 EST Board time.

This mod is going to bed. The other mod is busy battling a flood. You may have to keep an eye on your own time and votes.

Well, so much for my waiting on Fionn plan.

Just a correction

It is day 2.

[u]3[/u] votes for Ogan (Marga, Riona, [u]Teafa[/u])

5 players have not voted: Brighid, Dreyken, Ogan, Teafa, Varden.

8 hrs remain.

I've got to go walk/jog again like I did the other day, I will be back within an hour or two. Hopefully sometime after that I can decide where to place my vote.

Probably too much to hope for that Fionn was evil. I don't have time right now but I will re-read tonight.

I'm concerned that we've had little participation today and end of day will be the middle of the night for Euros and East Coast US'ers. That probably doesn't bode well for me surviving the day, but I hope we can make some efforts to look for an evil to lynch. There are too many players out there with no pressure yet put on them. I'd like to see some re-read of Riona and Teafa in particular.

Be back in a few hours.

[quote name='Ógán' post='1355506' date='May 14 2008, 19.03']Probably too much to hope for that Fionn was evil. I don't have time right now but I will re-read tonight.

I'm concerned that we've had little participation today and end of day will be the middle of the night for Euros and East Coast US'ers. That probably doesn't bode well for me surviving the day, but I hope we can make some efforts to look for an evil to lynch. There are too many players out there with no pressure yet put on them. I'd like to see some re-read of Riona and Teafa in particular.

Be back in a few hours.[/quote]

Agreed. The end of day is at a horrible time for me. So I'm going to spend some time in a few minutes looking over Teafa and then if I have time, Riona.

As an aside, can people please not sign up for games if they're not going to actually play in them? Every single game we have, we have a modkill or two and it's really annoying since the rules are clearly stated at the beginning of every game. 95% of the time it fucks us over and I really can't stand it.

After thinking about it, I've come to my decision for the day.

[b]Ogan[/b]

Reviewing his actions, it seems like he might have been protecting someone. Either Naomh or Brighid could be his partner possibly. Others have already speculated on this so I'm not saying anything new. Or who knows he could be trying to cast false direction. Either way, I think he is a likely suspect at this point.

Plus I'm going to be gone for the rest of today so I figured I should put a vote down. Ogan just sticks out right now. I'm not sure just yet who I think his partner might be, I'll have to reread the posts, but early on I was a little more suspicious of Naomh than Brighid.

It is day 2.

4 votes for Ogan (Marga, Riona, Teafa, Varden)

3 players have not voted: Brighid, Dreyken, Ogan

5 hours and a few minutes is left I believe

As I feared, I am toast because we don't haven't really had any participation today to generate any new info and the timing is bad. Realistically there is no chance that we will lynch someone else tonight. It's my own doing and so the best I can do is look for something to help the innos to make up for the situtation I created.

[quote name='Ógán' post='1355659' date='May 14 2008, 20.22']As I feared, I am toast because we don't haven't really had any participation today to generate any new info and the timing is bad. Realistically there is no chance that we will lynch someone else tonight. It's my own doing and so the best I can do is look for something to help the innos to make up for the situtation I created.[/quote]

Your resigned plea didn't move me :(

I don't think "helping us" is a good idea. We can't trust anything that comes out of your mouth since you're going to be the lynch for today. It'd all be WIFOM.

I never got a chance to reread Riona and I'm going to bed in a few minutes.

Is anyone else around? I don't trust Brighid or Niomh to hammer and I don't want another no-lynch.

It is day 2.

4 votes for Ogan (Marga, Riona, Teafa, Varden)

3 players have not voted: Brighid, Dreyken, Ogan

4 hours and a few minutes is left

this mod is also going to bed. With any luck the other mod will be up not too long after day ends (unless you guys end day now ;) )

Archived