Mini Game 51.25

Lannister Guard

Right.

Glad to see Ogan was lynched. Unhappy to see Fionn dead. I'll have more thoughts in a moment but I also wanted to say that, should I survive tonight, I will probably not be available for a lot of tomorrow either. This is not my week; I expected this game to start last week and should have un-signed-up, but no one likes a quitter, so, you get semi-not-paying-attention me. I have a <insert very important appointment here> tomorrow morning and then a <insert second very important event> in the afternoon, but hopefully between the two I'll find time to read the game. :)

Sorry No scene

It is day 2.

8 players remain: Brighid, Dreyken, Marga, Naomh, Ogan, Riona, Teafa, Varden.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

4 votes for Ogan (Marga, Riona, Varden, Dreyken)
1 vote for Brighid (Naomh)

3 players have not voted: Brighid, Ogan, Teafa.

[b] Ogan is Lynched. [/b]

The night passes very quickly

SPOILER:
Teefa is dead

It is day 3.

6 players remain: Brighid, Dreyken, Marga, Naomh, Riona, Varden.

4 votes are needed for a conviction or 3 to go to night.

6 players have not voted: Brighid, Dreyken, Marga, Naomh, Riona, Varden.

One thing's for sure...

Provisional PMs rule. Not often i'd thank the killers!

So our worst case scenario is wrong tonight = game over.

Best case scenatio is right today = win.

The problem isn, there's pretty much no suspects other than Brighid and Naomh. So do we try to work out which of those two is more likely to be guilty if Ogan was innocent, and cover our bases? Or does anyone have any other ideas?

And of course, with this potentially being end game, I think anyone with any information should step forward.

[quote name='Marga' post='1355916' date='May 15 2008, 07.12']:cry: ...and not for the lack of a scene. Well, I think we really need some serious discussion today and probably end up going to night.[/quote]

I agree on going to night... After a full day to discuss what we'll do tomorrow.

Warning everyone. Do not place a SINGLE vote on anyone, as the last two FMs (if they still live) could jump on and end the game.

I have to go do something but should have sporiadic access throughout the day/night/whatever time phase i'm in now :-p

So as a final "totally free to think mafia without other priorities" thought...

If we have a guard, we may be better off NOT going to night tonight. If we do so, we potentially (worst case scenario) have a 1/4 chance of losing them.

Without good evidence pointing the other way, I still think brighid and naomh are the likeliest evils. I can't see both being innocent. If so, well played killers, you deserve the win.

So, why does this matter?

If we have a living guard, and two main suspects, we can lynch one while she guards the other. That way we win unless we guard the wrong one AND the partner is still alive.

edit: Cancel the whole "going to do a thing that takes a chunk of time", exploding head syndrome has me sitting at home for those hours anyway, nursing my brain.

[quote name='Naomh' post='1355804' date='May 14 2008, 23.46']Well Dreyk, I guess you are in charge then.[/quote]

I don't really get it.

[quote name='Marga' post='1355916' date='May 15 2008, 02.12']:cry:...and not for the lack of a scene. Well, I think we really need some serious discussion today and probably end up going to night.[/quote]

I agree. Discussion then night.

[quote name='Riona' post='1355917' date='May 15 2008, 02.14']The problem isn, there's pretty much no suspects other than Brighid and Naomh. So do we try to work out which of those two is more likely to be guilty if Ogan was innocent, and cover our bases? Or does anyone have any other ideas?[/quote]

Everyone should be reread.

[quote name='Riona']I agree on going to night... After a full day to discuss what we'll do tomorrow.

Warning everyone. Do not place a SINGLE vote on anyone, as the last two FMs (if they still live) could jump on and end the game.[/quote]

That's not true at all. If there are 2 FM, they'd need 2 votes to be placed before they could pile on. With 6 players alive, 4 are needed to lynch, not 3.

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1356057' date='May 15 2008, 12.33']I don't really get it.

I agree. Discussion then night.

Everyone should be reread.

That's not true at all. If there are 2 FM, they'd need 2 votes to be placed before they could pile on. With 6 players alive, 4 are needed to lynch, not 3.[/quote]

Ah that's true. My panic was because at 4 players 2 fms win. I forgot that's not via votes but via going to night.

And yeah, as soon as my head settles i'll do a full re-read of the entire game, taking notes as i go. If i can keep my head together long enough i'll also try to do seperate re-reads of everyone not suspected.

edit: Still, placing a vote one way or another when we are clearly best off going to night tonight would be rather stupid, FM-pile on or not.

I just did a brief reread of Riona (note: brief means I was skimming for certain things). Here is what bothers me about her.

1. On day 1, Marga was sharing the top spot with Brighid. He explained why he felt Marga was guilty but never really explained why he thought Brighid. Since he voted Brighid on day 1, we haven't heard him mention Marga again. That seems strange when he was so gung ho for him on day 1.

- [color="#FF0000"]So, do you still find Marga suspicious? Why or why not?[/color]

2. I never really understood why Riona felt Brighid was guilty in the first place. I got the feeling he just followed Marga (who he suspected) and then ran with it. Since then, there hasn't really been anything in his posts that expresses why Brighid is evil.

- [color="#FF0000"]So, why do you find Brighid guilty besides the likelyhood that Ogan was protecting her?[/color]

3. No real mention of Varden (bought the sleeping excuse but that was that) or Naomh at all.

- [color="#FF0000"]So, what do you think of both of them?[/color]

His posts are too ambiguous. He's so focused on Ogan/Brighid that he has ignored everyone else and that really worries me. He could be partners with Marga, Varden or Naomh.

More to come as I get time.

[quote name='High Priestess' post='1356341' date='May 15 2008, 09.51'][size=5][b]Mod request:

Everyone has to answer the following question:

Virginity - why is it so cool?[/b][/size]
* activates time bomb *[/quote]

Because the anticipation of *not* being a virigin is awesomeme. Throughout our literature and culture in general, virgins are prized mates, especially for males. Perhaps its the thrill of going into "uncharted water" so to speak. Possibly it is a holdover from the days when STDs would run wild through the population and women were thought to be the perpetrators of the disease. Perhaps it is a recognition of the importance of that first sexual experience and how it is treasured by many who have a pleasant beginning to their sex lives.

Whatever the reason, virgins are cool because they create something valuable, and they are exerting control over their desires in order to fully experience them in their optimal setting.

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1356352' date='May 15 2008, 09.56']Virginity isn't cool.[/quote]

This is Arguing with the Mod. Arguing with the Mod is against the rules.

The Mod did not ask you [b]If Virginity was cool?[/b]

We asked you to tell us [b]why is it cool?[/b]

Dreyken must now post in Ryhme a little ditty about loosing ones virginity. or risk mod wrath.

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1356306' date='May 15 2008, 15.37']1. On day 1, Marga was sharing the top spot with Brighid. He explained why he felt Marga was guilty but never really explained why he thought Brighid. Since he voted Brighid on day 1, we haven't heard him mention Marga again. That seems strange when he was so gung ho for him on day 1.

- So, do you still find Marga suspicious? Why or why not?[/quote]

Marga just rubbed me up the wrong way. It was the aggressive playstyle mixed with the "No, re-read then i might tell you" snobbery that put me off her.

At the time she was my joint top suspect, there wasn't really much to go on.

[quote name='Riona' post='1353185' date='May 13 2008, 15.14']Marga, you definately rub me up the wrong way, but then you are playing an aggressive game, so maybe it's natural? I didn't, however, like rereadgate. It may be a red herring, but i still don't think you've come out of it cleanly yet.[/quote]

Since then, she's not done anything that's set off any alarm bells. Therefore she's fallen off of my suspect list because while she was an okay suspect early day 1, there's no way that sort of evidence is going to get me lynching someone today.

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1356306' date='May 15 2008, 15.37']2. I never really understood why Riona felt Brighid was guilty in the first place. I got the feeling he just followed Marga (who he suspected) and then ran with it. Since then, there hasn't really been anything in his posts that expresses why Brighid is evil.

- So, why do you find Brighid guilty besides the likelyhood that Ogan was protecting her?[/quote]

Yeah, I left a vote on her for pretty much the same reason the case was building momentum generally. She got my quick vote early on when i was going to be offline for a few hours, then when i came back I didn't really get a good case going on her, but she was my favourite at the time, and it's what's followed on since that that rings most bells.

[quote name='Riona' post='1353526' date='May 13 2008, 18.51']Okay, I've re-read, and I think I'm quite happy on Brighid. Not "I have a damning case here that will convict her for sure" happy, but seeing as we have to lynch someone, she seems as good a choice as any. Slightly better actually.[/quote]

Pretty much sums up my day 1 feelings on it.

[quote name='Riona' post='1354505' date='May 14 2008, 08.36']Brighid, you're not doing yourself many favours defending him. Even if we get a CI on him from a finder, you're next on my list. I can't see you being anything other than a) his partner, or b) an fm who thinks they are as good as dead and wants to drag him down with them.[/quote]

That's day 2 starting, with Brighid and Ogan seeming to buddy up together. I didn't like that, and I said as much.

So yeah, the case on Brighid is she's either played a very bad game this time, making lots of mistakes, or is a killer. Maybe she tried to drag an innocent Ogan down with her, but more likely they are paired. The one thing that makes me feel better about her is that I also like Naomh as Ogan's partner, and did spot her as being inexperienced early on. As such, she was a natural to be set up.

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1356306' date='May 15 2008, 15.37']3. No real mention of Varden (bought the sleeping excuse but that was that) or Naomh at all.

- So, what do you think of both of them?[/quote]

Naomh: I'd argue I've mentioned her several times. We'll start with my first vote, which was 95% joke voting on her "praying for the redemption of my soul". 5% non joke vote? There's a tiny possibility she's the nun and let it alter her thinking. Bullshit reason, but better than most RP reasons eh?:P

Following on from this, the real reason I think you must have missed a few posts in your re-read. Here we go:

[quote name='Naomh' post='1354752' date='May 14 2008, 14.37']Based on this, why aren't you voting for Brighid instead of Ogan? You think they are partnered and guilty, but if they are not partnered, then you think the single most likely to be guilty is Brighid? It seems like for you the safer vote would be Brighid.[/quote]

At this point, I get a bad feeling about Naomh. She's defending Ogan here, but in quite a subtle way. It doesn't however hit hoem until this:

[quote name='Riona' post='1354954' date='May 14 2008, 16.32'][quote name='Naomh' post='1354897' date='May 14 2008, 16.00']I like [b]Brighid[/b] the most right now, but I am struggling with who is the partner.[/quote]

+1 to the chances of Naomh and Ogan being partnered. Along with other people's reasoning, it now looks credible along with Brighid and Ogan or just Brighid...
[/quote]

Yes. She doesn;t know who could be Brighid's partner. Seriously. At a stage in the game where it's looking more and more likely that Brigid and Ogan are paired. So, she's not only trying to get the lynch ogan derailed going again (the one way a no lynch is usefull to an fm over an innocent lynch on n1 is if you can then make thye train pick up again on day 2) but at the same time struggling to see who could be partnered to her? Add that to her subtle defence, asking me to switch from IOgan to Brighid a few posts earlier and suddenly she's a suspect.

[quote name='Riona' post='1354958' date='May 14 2008, 16.35']Actually, the way I see it the best argument as to why he's your partner is that by keeping Brighid alive by a minute's missed hammer, he keeps someone else as today's most likely lynch.

If you and him are partnered, it's better to have no lynch on day 1, brighid on day 2 than brighid on day 1...

And i seriously look forward to the case on me as Brighid's partner, dispite the fact I sat voting for her all day, and have her as one of the people I'd very happily lynch today.

If i can't get Ogan, it'll be her. But rest assured dear, if it can't be her it'll be you.

edit: Wow. Your no votes are your potential partner plus two of the game's leading voices (and favourites for a NK i'm sure)... Seriously, if i wasn't a hater of vibes i'd claim them now, but of course I do hate vibes.

So i'll rest on saying that's a very suspicious choice.[/quote]

There. A nice big post by me detailing exactly why Naomh is a HUGE suspect.

As for Varden, I have to admit he's completely slipped under my radar since he came back. Sensible posting, nothing that stood out, I can see how he could potentially be my partner.

[quote name='Dreyken' post='1356306' date='May 15 2008, 15.37']His posts are too ambiguous. He's so focused on Ogan/Brighid that he has ignored everyone else and that really worries me. He could be partners with Marga, Varden or Naomh.

More to come as I get time.[/quote]

As i've said, I can see the case on me and Varden. Perhaps Marga too, as she's slipped out of my suspect pool and infact into the person i'm bouncing ideas off of in thread. Naomh though? I seriously hope you reconsider that particular link! Before this post she was my joint top suspect, and she wants to link me and brighid as partners?

I have to thank you for this actually. By writing this post and re-reading myself as much as anyone else, I've realised that my suspcions on Brighid are weaker than my suspicions on Naomh.

I say we lynch Naomh. I'm also starting to warm to the idea of not going to night and hoping for a guard or heal tonight instead to win back the lynch the modkill stole from us.

edit: Edited to fix formatting of quotes.

[quote name='High Priestess' post='1356474' date='May 15 2008, 16.52']This is Arguing with the Mod. Arguing with the Mod is against the rules.

The Mod did not ask you [b]If Virginity was cool?[/b]

We asked you to tell us [b]why is it cool?[/b]

Dreyken must now post in Ryhme a little ditty about loosing ones virginity. or risk mod wrath.[/quote]

Evil Mod is Evil! :D

Archived