Goodkind XXXVII: Free T-Shirts Within

The Pita

Joking? 'bout what? the Richard being nothing and worthless without the SoT? it gradually changing his entire way of thinking to fit its purposes? all the Seekers speaking with one voice, with no dissenters?

Or is it the poem bit? I'm not very well read as regards poems, so I bet it's that.

[quote name='Un-Yearded Pita' post='1359575' date='May 18 2008, 09.46']tvtropes.org loves to make fun of the Yeardly Works[/quote]
Good site, but they mention Dick killing a woman who is 8 months pregnant and for the life of me I can't remember it. Am I lacking celery? Has the booze finally done it's job by wiping out some horrible moment from SoT? Anybody remember this bit?

[quote name='Arichamus' post='1359632' date='May 18 2008, 11.58']Joking? 'bout what? the Richard being nothing and worthless without the SoT? it gradually changing his entire way of thinking to fit its purposes? all the Seekers speaking with one voice, with no dissenters?

Or is it the poem bit? I'm not very well read as regards poems, so I bet it's that.[/quote]
Puff the Magic Dragon, dude. Weren't you ever a kid?

It's sad, really. You Haters still insist on not choosing Life. Life is the opposite of Death, thus you, not choosing Life must be choosing the opposite, namely Death, which is a Natural phenomena, but still not Good. And the opposite of Good is Evil, thus you are choosing Evil over Good, which anyone with sufficient moral clarity can see. Had you attained an objective view of the facts, you would perhaps see this yourselves, but nay, you prefer to Wallow in your own Hate and Evil ideas.

[quote name='Malaclypse III' post='1359734' date='May 18 2008, 16.32']but nay, you prefer to Wallow in your own Hate and Evil ideas.[/quote]
Nailed it on the first try. Well done. :thumbsup:

For about four years, then I gave up in disgust with the co-workers.

Also, Puff is not my idea of a Dragon, what with his lack of malicious impulses and hoard-keeping.Nice guy, though.

On an unrelated aside, does the whole 'Richard be slave to SoT." hold any water, sir?

( on a serious note, I was, for a bit, I just never watched Puff the Magic Dragon)

[quote name='Arichamus' post='1359763' date='May 18 2008, 16.35']On an unrelated aside, does the whole 'Richard be slave to SoT." hold any water, sir?[/quote]
Like a person is a slave to crack or heroine. It gives Ol' Dick free reign with his rage, which he loves, and makes him a super-killer without requiring all the effort of training. It's hard to give up, though he does on occasion, but only briefly. He gives the usual "I don't need the sword, I can kill without it" kinda jibber jabber, but he always goes back to the sword eventually.

[quote name='Arichamus' post='1359763' date='May 18 2008, 15.35']Also, Puff is not my idea of a Dragon, what with his lack of malicious impulses and hoard-keeping.Nice guy, though.[/quote]

Puff also not my idea of a "dragon" either. Though I gather some might call them "dragons". I gather it's all in how you look at it. :P

And I've decided I am claiming "moral celery" as my creation until someone proves me wrong. :P

[quote name='Malaclypse III' post='1359734' date='May 18 2008, 21.32']And the opposite of Good is Evil, thus you are choosing Evil over Good,[/quote]

Nitpick, Mala: There's a little grammatical error in your signature. Correct German would be:

"Jeder Mensch hat seinen Charakter und sein Charakter ist sein Schicksal." (Translation: Each man has his personality and his personality is his destiny.)

Please, choose good over evil! ;)

You do not understand that Correct Grammar would be Evil in a world where the correct Grammars were not Good, which is the opposite of Evil. The Tyranny of Good Grammar would be Tyranny, which is Evil, thus uncorrect Grammar is a force of Good.
Also, I am a Dyslexic, which I have Struggled With All My Life and Barely Overcome, so please do not speak to me about Foreign Grammar, which is Jibber-Jabber anyway, and thus not Good but potentially Evil.
And I liked my previous signature better, but the mod is Not Good, and took it away.

[quote name='Malaclypse III' post='1359831' date='May 18 2008, 17.38']You do not understand that Correct Grammar would be Evil in a world where the correct Grammars were not Good, which is the opposite of Evil. The Tyranny of Good Grammar would be Tyranny, which is Evil, thus uncorrect Grammar is a force of Good.
[b]Also, I am a Dyslexic, which I have Struggled With All My Life and Barely Overcome,[/b] so please do not speak to me about Foreign Grammar, which is Jibber-Jabber anyway, and thus not Good but potentially Evil.
And I liked my previous signature better, but the mod is Not Good, and took it away.[/quote]

Tairy?

I remember the pregnant woman dying... This is not a good thing, I add, that I remember any of this... But not having yet found a way to scrub my mind of the works, I must persevere...

I think its name was Becky or something equally fabulous, and I do not believe young Dick killed her, though short of quotes it could have been Betty in the time warp... I do remember that the pregna-monster was stabbed, and the justification came from Verna/inserted old lady of how "she must have been evil, because only Sisters of the BBNC, are free to walk about now, so no worries, our slate is clean with the Creatairy". At which point, I'm sure the story moves on, to more wonderful actions of Yearded Wizardry.

Her name couldn't have been Becky, because that is too close to the Noble name of Betty. But then again she was not a Noble Goat, was she? Her Fetus though, was probably akin to a Chicken in the egg, and Chicken are Evil. Thus she, Becky, was similiar to the Egg which holds the Evil Chicken, and had to be Killed in a Noble way to ensure the destruction of the Evil Chicken inside. You can't kill an Evil Chicken-fetus without killing a few pregnant women. It's only Bad Abortion if the fetus is Human.

Alright, now I have to find a quote. ~twitches~

Edit: Not going to happen, realised I did in fact, give the Tomes of Truth to charity. My twisted little memory knows its in the end of Temple of the Winds. Its that vault thingie place. And Verna does it with her rusty spork of magic. ~runs~

[quote name='Moosicus' post='1359636' date='May 18 2008, 17.02']Good site, but they mention Dick killing a woman who is 8 months pregnant and for the life of me I can't remember it. Am I lacking celery? Has the booze finally done it's job by wiping out some horrible moment from SoT? Anybody remember this bit?

Puff the Magic Dragon, dude. Weren't you ever a kid?[/quote]
The slaying probably happened when Dicky corrected that woman armed with celery. There were more people in that building and I recall Dicky shopping um all up.
btw loved the way those stepped over any objection to killing their loved ones after yet another

on Puff: Some of us are from pinko commie yurp and speak jibber jabber on top of that so Puff means nothing to me

Archived