Goodkind XXXVII: Free T-Shirts Within

The Pita

Second that, Pita!
Good to see there aren't only bleeding-heart liberals on this forum, but someone who's seen the Truth, just like me. Some day the rains will come and wash all the untruthful away; They'll look to us then, the commie pinkos, and shout "save us!" But we will look down on them and say "Nay! For you have not seen the Truth! Off to the Camps with you!"

[quote name='Moosicus' post='1360440' date='May 20 2008, 02.03']Okeedokee

~Terry Goodkind, [i]Blood of the Fold[/i][/quote]

Ah, I see. Like that was it? I wonder if there is anyone, usually protected from violence by strong social taboos, who one of the good guys hasn't slaughtered or maimed and then claimed righteousness.

Let's see, so far we have:
-Children
-Pacifists (and the unarmed and undefended in general)
-Pregnant women.

I don't actually recall him assaulting either the physically or mentally disabled, although I maybe forgetting something. Puppies, kittens, and bunnies all seem to have come out of it unscathed as well (we will note, however, that chickens have had a particularly hard run of it). Honestly, I think Goodkind's gone a little soft. If he really believed the nonsense he preached then he wouldn't let Richard pause at crushing small fur baring animals underfoot in order to demonstrate some sort of moral point. I've lost all respect for the yeard.

It's a surprise woodland critters haven't been touched yet, since this is a True representation of these Evil Creatures:
[img] [url="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c0/SouthPark814.jpg"]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c...outhPark814.jpg[/url] [/img]

Maybe Objectivism is really part of North American history?:
[url="http://www.interesting.com/stories/gadsden/"]Gadsden flag history[/url]
[url="http://www.foundingfathers.info/stories/gadsden.html"]more...[/url]

[url="http://www.interesting.com/stories/gadsden/i/culpeper-liberty-flag.gif"]Specially This flag[/url]
Almost I could see D'Harran troops carrying this flag :rofl:

To destroy all enemies (mostly communism and oppressive monarchism) with any means nessessary (or conveniently at hand)!

He has eaten the flesh of his enemies before!

It is a Mud People tradition which they believe enables them to learn the powers of their enemies and Richard joined in with this canabilistic feast - it is not that big of a leap to drinking blood I suppose.

[quote name='theMountainGoat' post='1363950' date='May 21 2008, 17.19']He has eaten the flesh of his enemies before!

It is a Mud People tradition which they believe enables them to learn the powers of their enemies and Richard joined in with this canabilistic feast - it is not that big of a leap to drinking blood I suppose.[/quote]
Hmmm, I always thought there was something odd about that ''law'' about not eating human flesh in Abercrombie's novels. He's obviously not a follower of Truth.

[quote name='Triskele' post='1364520' date='May 21 2008, 22.07']Richard and Klan cast! Casting thread in "Entertainment" section.

*watches Lemmings flock over to Entertainment.*[/quote]
I cannot see the Truth in this statement unless you provide a direct link.
I believe your post is a mere Mockery, an Evil Chicken posted to confuse the Righteous and Truthful.

[quote name='Triskele' post='1364520' date='May 22 2008, 04.07']Richard and Klan cast! Casting thread in "Entertainment" section.

*watches Lemmings flock over to Entertainment.*[/quote]
Scarlett Johansson as Kahlan. Britney and Paris a Mord Sith.

[quote name='Moosicus' post='1365368' date='May 22 2008, 17.17']Finally, we get to invade the Entertainment forum! How I've been dreaming of this day.[/quote]
You are not the only one, Moose.

[quote name='Moosicus' post='1365368' date='May 22 2008, 11.17']Finally, we get to invade the Entertainment forum! How I've been dreaming of this day.[/quote]
People, I know the new thread on the Entertainment forum opens new opportunities but lets not forget these great threads that brought us all this joy and celery so keep posting

So as it is written, so is it done!

Also, one thing more,

Jagang(formerly Aang, until he went evil and died)is this guy called a Dreamwalker, right?

So, what are his powers? and are they over NINE THOUSAAAAAND!!! in comparison to others of his profession?

Goodkind XXXVIII: Truth Out
Subtitle: The Truth Has Left the Building
Jagang has two powers:
A. His eyes are completely black making him obviously completely evil.
B. He can go into your dreams and take control of your mind if you have not sworn your allegiance to Richard, which is a terrific allegory for how communism hurts everyone that isn't sworn to good ol' Uncle Sam.

[quote name='Un-Yearded Pita' post='1365987' date='May 22 2008, 08.08']Goodkind XXXVIII: Truth Out
Subtitle: The Truth Has Left the Building
Jagang has two powers:
A. His eyes are completely black making him obviously completely evil.
B. He can go into your dreams and take control of your mind if you have not sworn your allegiance to Richard, which is a terrific allegory for how communism hurts everyone that isn't sworn to good ol' Uncle Sam.[/quote]

You forgot:

C. He's so evil that he won't rape Kahlan until she knows who she is. He seems to be content enough raping the sisters of the dark and other various women, though. He's so evil that regular rape isn't good enough for him.

[quote name='Triskele' post='1366109' date='May 22 2008, 12.55']Is there any doubt that though he may profess it to be evil, TG is turned on by the thought of rape?[/quote]
I'm waiting for the collaboration between Tairy and that "OH JOHN RINGO NO" guy. That's a match made in rape-lovers heaven.

I think I got sucked into reading an early Goodkind book years ago, thought 'meh' and didn't bother reading any more. But skimming through some of these threads, I find myself curiously drawn to go back and try again...

Kinda' like driving by a car accident...

I really liked the first couple of Sword of Truth books. I knew that a lot of the writing was clunky but I liked what he wrote so I read them.

It's like the frog in the boiling water, though. You don't notice it getting worse and worse because it gets worse subtly and slowly and before you know it, you may just be reading the worst book ever and you don't even know it.

At least with Newcomb, you know he sucks big time right away and there's no waiting.

At least with Feist, it got bad at Talon of the Silver Hawk and it went from really good to really bad so I knew it.

I think of all the money I've spent on Goodkind books and it just makes me sad.

[quote name='hadaad' post='1366936' date='May 22 2008, 14.12']It's like the frog in the boiling water, though. You don't notice it getting worse and worse because it gets worse subtly and slowly and before you know it, you may just be reading the worst book ever and you don't even know it.[/quote]
What a terrific metaphor.

Archived