Mafia 52: Doctor Who

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Tarbeck' post='1362091' date='May 20 2008, 12.00']Never say never again.
Dondy, just keep playing... if the balance is wrong, you will be free to blame the mods afterwards. Now, your current indifeference might hurt innocents only.[/quote]

What am I playing?

Seriously...

What am I looking for? Am I looking for suspicious pairings? Am I looking for possible symps? Am I looking for a SK? A FM? An OC?

All of the above?

I've played closed set ups before, a lot actually, but almost always they've had a CF. Without it, we're floundering and there isn't really all that much we can do unless there are like three finders out there but given that there are 4 factions in a 13 player game, the likelyhood of that is damn near nil.

Lets assume that there is a 3 evil factions and an innocent faction.

1 killing team of 2.
1 OC who can convert every other night, max 3 converts.
1 FM

That leaves 8 innocents, 3 of which are probably roled with who knows what.

2 deaths on N1, 1 convert.

That's 5 innocents left on N2 assuming they all act and all hit innocents. We've already lost at that point.

Lets say there is a SK, FM and killing team.

Same thing. We're more likely to win in this situation given they could all target each other, but if they don't? We could lose after N2.

Now, lets assume that we have no CF and the finder is killed or converted N1. At this point, we NEVER know what factions are out there.

Maybe I'm just assuming the worst, but given the fact that we have no CF, no information and 3 other factions to contend with, I just can't see which way to go.

ETA: It's even worse if there are 2 killing teams of 2 and an FM.

I guess it could be the other way around for the evils...Dalek=SK and Weeping Angels=Scum. Regardless, with 13 people I don't see how it could be anything other than UNIT (another innocent faction), SK, and Scum.

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1362108' date='May 20 2008, 12.11']Anyway, can we lynch Footly now please?

And everything I said in the past post wasn't even assuming we lynched an innocent today.[/quote]
There are still about 12 hours left, I don't see how a lynch right now would be positive. I also haven't seen anything in particular that makes me want to lynch Footly. At the same time, I haven't seen anything that really makes me want to not lynch him.

Seriously though everyone, leave the cult to any power roles we may have and focus on scum or SK. We will lose if we do anything else. If there is a cult and it isn't abundantly clear early on, then yes this game will be a waste of time.

[quote name='House Tarbeck' post='1361512' date='May 20 2008, 01.00']And there was no reason to put a retaliatory vote when there was nothing to retaliate to. :)[/quote]

I was a little irritated due to RL circumstances yesterday, and you just irritated me a little more, I wanted to vote before I left. I need to catch up with the posts now though.

[quote name='The Master' post='1359306' date='May 17 2008, 15.28']4.1 - Winning Conditions
The goodie faction/s can win only if all baddies are dead. The baddie factions can win only seperately, after [u]killing [/u]everybody else.

Mafia is a team game. Once one faction achieves its winning conditions, all members of that faction have won whether or not they are active players when the winning conditions are achieved.[/quote]
Like I said, no goddamn cult. Probably SK and scum because I don't think there would be 2 pairs of scum against 9 innocents.

[i]Thank you mods, but you could have just told us outright.[/i]

[quote name='The Master' post='1362148' date='May 20 2008, 11.42']Winning conditions are in the rules.[/quote]

[quote name='rules']The goodie faction/s can win only if all baddies are dead. The baddie factions can win only seperately, after killing everybody else.[/quote]

Ok that is good, looks like UNIT would win with us. I think 3 evil factions in a 13 player game makes less sense than having an extra good faction that is just seperated from normal innos for fun so I think one of the factions is probaly the UNIT

[quote name='House Mullendore' post='1362128' date='May 20 2008, 11.30']There are still about 12 hours left, I don't see how a lynch right now would be positive. I also haven't seen anything in particular that makes me want to lynch Footly. At the same time, I haven't seen anything that really makes me want to not lynch him.

Seriously though everyone, leave the cult to any power roles we may have and focus on scum or SK. We will lose if we do anything else. If there is a cult and it isn't abundantly clear early on, then yes this game will be a waste of time.[/quote]

I generally agree with this. Normally I would want to get a lynch regardless of the CF, but with the potential for 3 evil teams, I think our only hope lies with the finder(s?). In this setup, I am not quite as sure. I am still leaning toward wanting to lynch someone though. I have to believe that Alytha would not put us in with a cult without the ability to defeat it. :dunno: Also, without lynchtrains/votes to look at, the rest of us just have to sit around until a player with a power does something to give us a clue.

I'll look at Footly, but I am not a big fan of giving up to a random vote on D1.

[quote]The goodie faction/s can win only if all baddies are dead. The baddie factions can win only seperately, after killing everybody else.[/quote]

I am taking this to mean that we have more than one "good faction" ie. Companions and UNIT and more than one bad faction. The Comps and UNIT can win together and I'm making some assumption that UNIT may be something like Friend Finders or otherwise know their faction members. I'm left with the impression from the Companions description that there are roled Companions as it makes reference to skills acquired while traveling with The Doctor as separate from "natural intelligence."

Here's the set-up I hope we have: 13 players - UNIT: Friend Finders?, Companions: RI's and Roled Innos: Guard, Healer?, I have no idea how the description of teh Weeping Angels would work in terms of game mechanics, but I'm going to go with SK. We are no where close to the 30 people the mod was looking for (or even the 16 to start), so I'm guessing we have a FM team (Daleks/Slitheens?) of 3 or 2 and symp.

UNIT(FF): 2
WA(SK): 1
Daleks (FM): 3
Comps(Innos): 7

That's a breakdown of 9 Innos, 3 FM and SK which doesn't sounds terribly unbalanced to me depending on the role distribution.

Argh..ok let me rephrase this: The baddie factions can win only seperately, after eliminating everybody else, in whichever way their evil nature makes them.
(And a cult, of course, also kills everybody else. By lynching)

As the Master is mercyful, you'll get the opportunity to shake everyone you lynch. If they rattle...

And that is absolutely the last thing I'm going to say about this point. You knew that there was the possibility of a cult when you signed up. :P

[quote name='The Master' post='1362183' date='May 20 2008, 13.02']And that is absolutely the last thing I'm going to say about this point. You knew that there was the possibility of a cult when you signed up. :P[/quote]

I also figured there might be some more clarification or a CF at the minimum. The cult has won every game where there was a cult and even then, we knew about it AND had a CF. What do you think will happen if there is a cult, no CF and we don't know about it? Well...an easy cult victory.

Regardless, my vote stands on Footly.

Archived