Mafia 52: Doctor Who

House Targaryen

[quote name='The Master' post='1362183' date='May 20 2008, 11.02']Argh..ok let me rephrase this: The baddie factions can win only seperately, after eliminating everybody else, in whichever way their evil nature makes them.
(And a cult, of course, also kills everybody else. By lynching)[/quote]

I think this means we have a cult

[quote]As the Master is mercyful, you'll get the opportunity to shake everyone you lynch. If they rattle...[/quote]

and this means we now have a CF? or am I confused

Ok... I need to rest now. I hope to return before sunshine, but I can't promise anything.
So, what variants we have? To lynch Footly, to make Dondarrion happy. To lynch Stacky for being serious. To lynch Mully, to make Stakespear happy. To lynch Grandy for having a case made on him. Is it all? Did I miss something? If so, please remind me, I'll be here for some more minutes.

[quote name='House Tarbeck' post='1362207' date='May 20 2008, 10.15']Ok... I need to rest now. I hope to return before sunshine, but I can't promise anything.
So, what variants we have? To lynch Footly, to make Dondarrion happy. To lynch Stacky for being serious. To lynch Mully, to make Stakespear happy. To lynch Grandy for having a case made on him. Is it all? Did I miss something? If so, please remind me, I'll be here for some more minutes.[/quote]

You forgot the option of lynching you.

[quote name='House Moore' post='1362214' date='May 20 2008, 13.19']stop :cry: just play the game and see what happen[/quote]
I signed up under the assumption that things like the factions (particularly cult and FM) and CF or no would be clarified. A game that may or may not have a cult is going to be nearly impossible to win considering the ease with which the cult usually wins. With the obvious frustrating mounting I really wish we'd get clarifications like (at least), "If there is a cult they will be discovered by a CF. There will be no CF reveal for any other faction." Just straight to the point and no beating around the bush.

[quote name='House Mullendore' post='1362227' date='May 20 2008, 12.23']I signed up under the assumption that things like the factions (particularly cult and FM) and CF or no would be clarified. A game that may or may not have a cult is going to be nearly impossible to win considering the ease with which the cult usually wins. With the obvious frustrating mounting I really wish we'd get clarifications like (at least), "If there is a cult they will be discovered by a CF. There will be no CF reveal for any other faction." Just straight to the point and no beating around the bush.[/quote]

Based on mod answers I think we have a cult.. CF, well I think when we lynch we will find out, even if it is just a cult or no cult answer

[quote name='House Yarwyck' post='1362216' date='May 20 2008, 13.20']You forgot the option of lynching you.[/quote]
I just wondered who will say this. :)
You understand that I can't vote myself, do you?
[quote]He also forgot the option of lynching you or Vyrwel based on the post I quoted before[/quote]Well, yeah.
Still, [b]Mullendore[/b], he seems too desperate to be helpful.

It is day 1.

13 players remain: Coldwater, Dondarrion, Footly, Grandison, Hunter, Moore, Mullendore, Royce, Sarsfield, Stackspear, Tarbeck, Vyrwel, Yarwyck.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Grandison (Yarwyck, Mullendore)
2 votes for Stackspear ( Moore, Hunter)
2 votes for Tarbeck ( Grandison, Stackspear)
1 vote for Dondarrion ( Sarsfield)
1 vote for Footly ( Dondarrion)
1 vote for Mullendore ( Tarbeck)
1 vote for Yarwyck ( Footly)

3 players have not voted: Coldwater, Royce, Vyrwel.

9:30 left

[quote name='House Vyrwel' post='1362099' date='May 20 2008, 09.05']Not yet anyway ;)[/quote]

Did anyone else catch this post by Vyrwel? :rolleyes:

If we're looking for someone uninterested in clarifying the cult, CF or roles issues. Look no further.

[quote name='House Tarbeck' post='1362239' date='May 20 2008, 10.28']Still, [b]Mullendore[/b], he seems too desperate to be helpful.[/quote]

What does this mean? He's acting too desperate so he won't be helpful to the Innos, ie. dead weight?

Or he is desperate to appear helpful and is threfore likely FM?

Just looking for a clarification on why you want him lynched.

Ok Tarbeck, let's talk about being desperate to be helpful:
[quote name='House Tarbeck' post='1361250' date='May 19 2008, 21.24']Nobody wants to RP anymore? Ok.
Role distribution, then? I have troubles to believe in two factions with 13 players only. Especially with serial killer not even being mentioned. And, by the way, what the hell is that UNIT faction?[/quote]
Second post, already trying to break into role distribution. A weak attempt at being helpful from the start. There is a time when this is good to discuss, but right at the very beginning it reeks of trying to look more helpful than you are. I find it interesting that he seems certain there is no SK and I think the two factions he mentions is that he has trouble believing in two evil factions. So from here, I'd assume he thinks there is just scum and town. He also seems concerned with the UNIT faction, which from the get-go seemed like another innocent aligned faction.
[quote name='House Tarbeck' post='1361269' date='May 19 2008, 21.41']The only alternative I can see is to join Serious Stackspear's pressure on you. Do you actually want this?[/quote]
His response to me noting that he started out talking about role distribution. Why are these his only two options? Trying to look helpful much?
[quote name='House Tarbeck' post='1361314' date='May 19 2008, 22.22']If you don't want to call it serious, let's call it overdefensive? ;)[/quote]
Still hasn't answered my question about this post. Where was Stackspear overdefensive?
[quote name='House Tarbeck' post='1362066' date='May 20 2008, 11.47']Dondy, don't be despair! If we have a cult, we definitely have some anti-cult roles. Cult-finder, cult-healer, something. Don't worry, be happy.[/quote]
As Moore noted, this is a strange post...trying to be a conciliator?
[quote name='House Tarbeck' post='1362085' date='May 20 2008, 11.55']We have no SK. It isn't in the rules.
As for the rest... I fear that both cult and FM are possible. I even fear we might have [i]both[/i] cult and FM, without a regular killer team. We will know more at the morning... counting the bodies.[/quote]
Here he is still sure there is no SK (I think the rules leave the possibility open still). But now he thinks that cult and FM are possible. A change from earlier when it seemed he didn't think there would be 2 evil factions (I think). Also, counting the bodies in the morning won't tell us anything about the cult.
[quote name='House Tarbeck' post='1362091' date='May 20 2008, 12.00']Never say never again.
Dondy, just keep playing... if the balance is wrong, you will be free to blame the mods afterwards. Now, your current indifeference might hurt innocents only.[/quote]
I mean be reading into this too much, but him saying "if the balance is wrong, you will be free to blame the mods afterwards" strikes me as wrong. This feels like it is coming from the POV of someone who is offsetting the balance. I mean, wouldn't he want to blame the mods afterwards if the cards were stacked against him as it seems to be for us?
[quote name='House Tarbeck' post='1362207' date='May 20 2008, 13.15']Ok... I need to rest now. I hope to return before sunshine, but I can't promise anything.
So, what variants we have? To lynch Footly, to make Dondarrion happy. To lynch Stacky for being serious. To lynch Mully, to make Stakespear happy. To lynch Grandy for having a case made on him. Is it all? Did I miss something? If so, please remind me, I'll be here for some more minutes.[/quote]
Again, concerned with who he can make happy/be the most helpful for.

I think if anyone is trying to be overly helpful, it would have to be [b]Tarbeck[/b].

Yes, this is a bit OMGUS, but I've been suspicious of Tarbeck in the past and his hypocrisy here really annoyed me.

I'm voting [b]Footly[/b] for now. Still waiting for him to show up again. I will be around off and on for the rest of the game day. I am willing to switch to Tarbeck if need be, but I prefer footly for lack of total contribution so far. Tarbeck is participating so I have him in 2nd place for evil at the moment. We definitely need a lynch today to confirm the CF.

I'd consider voting several others as well including Vyrwel, Sarsfield, and Moore, but I am less inclined to vote for more participative players today such as Dondy, Grandy, Mullendore, Yarwyck, etc.

It is day 1.

13 players remain: Coldwater, Dondarrion, Footly, Grandison, Hunter, Moore, Mullendore, Royce, Sarsfield, Stackspear, Tarbeck, Vyrwel, Yarwyck.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Tarbeck ( Grandison, Stackspear, Mullendore)
2 votes for Footly ( Dondarrion, Coldwater)
2 votes for Stackspear ( Moore, Hunter)
1 vote for Dondarrion ( Sarsfield)
1 vote for Grandison (Yarwyck)
1 vote for Mullendore ( Tarbeck)
1 vote for Yarwyck ( Footly)

2 players have not voted: Royce, Vyrwel.

Archived