Mafia 52: Doctor Who

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1361878' date='May 20 2008, 10.00']That's rather annoying. A role list I can deal without but that should be apart of the rules.[/quote]
I agree. Sorry mods, I love you all but I really wish we had a better sense of the game before it started. I was under the assumption that things like factions and CF or no would be clarified upon the start of the game. If there is a cult and we aren't somehow made aware of it, I am going to be very extremely unhappy.

I'm not altogether sure what to think of the symp discussion. Yarwyck does not really strike me as suspicious thus far and seems to really think that is the best direction to go in. I do find Grandison suspicion in his own right, but I also want to remember that we rarely catch an evil being manipulative on day 1 because we either look at the wrong things or they simply allow the innocents to work it out for themselves.

I don't think Stackspear's seriousness in and of itself is suspicious, but the fact that he retreated and called it all (mostly) a joke does bother me. That was very strange.

I need to read through again because I really only skimmed, the only other thing I remember is Sarsfield is being pretty annoying.

Well it's nice to know I was missed at least. I never intended to leave the thread with only one post to my name, it just worked out that way.

[quote name='House Yarwyck' post='1361232' date='May 19 2008, 18.06']Vyrwel, what do you think of Stackspear's attempts at being helpful?[/quote]

Hmm... I didn't notice said attempts while reading through the thread. In fact I'd say you're the one whose making the biggest play at being helpful. Am I supposed to read this as a sign of your guilt?

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1361267' date='May 19 2008, 18.39']Seriously, I begin to wonder what was up with V there. Nice introdcution, nasty question, but then there is silence.

Why, Vyrwel, why?[/quote]

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1361289' date='May 19 2008, 19.00']What I meant is that Vyrwel posted an introduction that implied that he had an odd feeling about the two players he mentioned. However, if he wanted to start a discussion about Footly and Mullendore, he ruined his idea by disappearing just after.[/quote]

I'm not sure how much OOC commentary I can get away with so lets just leave it at [i]something came up[/i].

[quote name='House Royce' post='1361549' date='May 19 2008, 23.27']To be honest, I didn't come to the same conclusions at all from Yarwyck's post on Grandison--the suggestions Yarwyck made seemed like a stretch. When I looked at the quotes again, however, I realized that out of context they look like a symp clue from Grandison to Vyrwel. Same two suspects, raises some suspicion on V being a little suspicious. Calls V 'nasty'. But never votes for V. A little of "I know you're evil, but I like you anyway V."

I'd be willing to lynch Grandison, but maybe I'm stretching too much here.[/quote]

[quote name='House Royce' post='1361584' date='May 20 2008, 01.22']Edit: I just realized in an earlier post I said I'd lynch Grandison as a symp to Vyrwel, but in retrospect, that's wrong. I actually mean I'd be willing to lynch Vyrwel for a possible connection to Grandison.[/quote]

It's a stretch. If Grandison is a symp he certainly isn't mine. At this point, I don't see any evidence pointing to Grandison's guilt.

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1361871' date='May 20 2008, 06.55']Do we have a CF? I can't find mention of whether we do or not.[/quote]

What's the matter Don? Are you afraid to be too chummy with your FM buddies in case the CF reveals your guilt?

I was under the impression that this ias a CF game. A mod clarification would be nice though.

I'm off for a meeting, which unfortunatly might take some time.

Didn't have the time to look for Royce, Hunter and Moore yet. Regarding the other players, the only two that left a rather good impression were Dondarrion and Yarwyck.

Footly, Sarsfield and Stackspear I have in the same 'weird' category.

Coldwater and Vyrwel have to contribute more, otherwise we should get rid of deadweight soooner than later.

Mullendore is someone who I have tro reread once more.

Tarbeck has improved during my abscence, but he's still a blank to me.

[quote name='House Royce' post='1361526' date='May 20 2008, 00.40']Hey, Moore?

I'm catching up with the thread and I noticed you don't like to explain things. Do you think you could elaborate on why you think this?[/quote]

Vyrwel mentioned voting for Footy or Mullen by saying this
[quote name='Vyr']So who do I vote for first: Footly or Mullendore?[/quote]

and then grando said nobody was willing to vote for those two same peeps

[quote name='Grand']And why is no one willing to lynch Footly or Mullendore?[/quote]

why pick out those 2 same players and why say nobody was willing to vote for them when Vyrwl had just said he would.. it seems weird

[quote name='House Moore' post='1361984' date='May 20 2008, 10.58']Vyrwel mentioned voting for Footy or Mullen by saying this

and then grando said nobody was willing to vote for those two same peeps

why pick out those 2 same players and why say nobody was willing to vote for them when Vyrwl had just said he would.. it seems weird[/quote]
I swear there must be an echo in here. I could have sworn I saw someone say this [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=28378&view=findpost&p=1361311"]on page 5. (40 posts per page)[/url]

[quote name='House Yarwyck' post='1361875' date='May 20 2008, 08.57']OK, I'm off for a bit. Let's hope we see more of Moore and Coldwater in particular.[/quote]

Why no mention of Vyrwell here, he only had 1 post at the time and it had no substence

[quote name='Yarrr']Sounds like we agree then. This whole symp v. master talk was begun by Royce, not me. I was agruing against the "argument that can't be used" that was already used by Royce as to why he thinks he should vote Vyrwel over Grandison.[/quote]

so you were arguing against royce wanting to vote for Vyrwell? Hrm.. sorta subtle defence maybe? I wonder if there is a connection between Yar and Vyr.

[quote name='House Mullendore' post='1361992' date='May 20 2008, 10.03']I swear there must be an echo in here. I could have sworn I saw someone say this [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=28378&view=findpost&p=1361311"]on page 5. (40 posts per page)[/url][/quote]

Uh, yeah, duh thats the point.. yarwick made that case and I agreed with a part of it, then royce questioned me on my agreement

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1361797' date='May 20 2008, 08.14']I need to have a look at Royce and Hunter yet, but so far I'd say the two most suspicious players are Coldwater and Footly. Both avoided the recent discussion.

Here is Coldwater's contribution:[/quote]

Why did you leave out my contribution in #19? Or is that not a contribution in your eyes?

To be honest, I was hoping for more actual Dr. Who RP as opposed to Tenacious D sparring.

[quote name='House Sarsfield' post='1361829' date='May 20 2008, 07.32']That's some good evidence right there. But remember, there may be more than one. I'm sticking with Dondarrion.[/quote]

I don't like how Sars agrees with grando but then says "remember there may be more than one" like he wants him to look elsewhere

[quote name='House Tarbeck' post='1361678' date='May 20 2008, 05.57']In fact, I didn't inspect your post that closely. I counted names, found there was 11 and automatically presumed you excluded yourself. So I started checking player list and stopped by F letter.
Same here.[/quote]

This post does not ring true. You counted the names, and did not realize that one of the names you counted was Grandison? I don't buy that you would be that detailed in looking at a post and not see this. I would be willing to lynch you today. If I can't find anything else soon, that's where my vote will be.

Clarifications:
There is [b]no[/b] mod CF.

There may or may not be a cult. Everything that was in the list at the beginning is possible.
(secret: there are 4 factions. Don't tell anyone)

You're free to vote at any time. Just saying.

About 14h left.

[quote name='The Master' post='1362027' date='May 20 2008, 10.25']Clarifications:

There may or may not be a cult. Everything that was in the list at the beginning is possible.
(secret: [u]there are 4 factions[/u]. Don't tell anyone)

About 14h left.[/quote]

:o

[quote name='The Master' post='1362027' date='May 20 2008, 11.25']Clarifications:

(secret: there are 4 factions. Don't tell anyone)

About 14h left.[/quote]

May or may not be a cult with no CF?

:lol:

I quit already.

[quote name='House Coldwater' post='1362019' date='May 20 2008, 11.21']This post does not ring true. You counted the names, and did not realize that one of the names you counted was Grandison? I don't buy that you would be that detailed in looking at a post and not see this. I would be willing to lynch you today. If I can't find anything else soon, that's where my vote will be.[/quote]
He said he stopped at F...which would be before G. I don't think it is altogether ridiculous

[quote name='The Master' post='1362027' date='May 20 2008, 11.25']Clarifications:
There is [b]no[/b] mod CF.[/quote]
:cry:
[quote name='The Master' post='1362027' date='May 20 2008, 11.25']There may or may not be a cult. Everything that was in the list at the beginning is possible.
(secret: there are 4 factions. Don't tell anyone)[/quote]
:tantrum: :tantrum:

It's hard to be sure what to take seriously in that mod post, but with no CF that means player finder of some kind.

Taking a fresh look at the factions. It could be that there are 2 innocent factions: Companions = RI, UNIT = Innocents with powers, and then 2 evil factions. I'm not sure what the point would be of separating innocent factions.

I would have to suspect Weeping Angels, because, well it seems to be our mod's favorite.

My gut is telling me that she is just fucking with us on the presence of a cult.

I do wonder about a FM/SK though. Cults/mind control/shapeshifters/impersonators are very common situations in Dr. Who mythos.

I am not real good at figuring multiple faction balance. Would a 2FM (team) and a SK be a balanced distribution? Maybe toss in a symp as well?

[quote name='House Coldwater' post='1362002' date='May 20 2008, 11.09']Why did you leave out my contribution in #19? Or is that not a contribution in your eyes?

To be honest, I was hoping for more actual Dr. Who RP as opposed to Tenacious D sparring.[/quote]
Post 19 is great contribution, especially in light of the recent information from the mods. I really don't like when people try to point out their role distribution discussion as true contribution. It really isn't. At the start, nobody had a fooking clue what the distribution would be. Clearly, even the evils likely didn't if there are 4.

[quote name='House Moore' post='1362010' date='May 20 2008, 11.15']I don't like how Sars agrees with grando but then says "remember there may be more than one" like he wants him to look elsewhere[/quote]
I agree. What is also interesting is that Grandison pointed out two people he was suspicious of, and Sarsfield still said "remember there may be more than one".

[quote name='House Mullendore' post='1362035' date='May 20 2008, 10.29']He said he stopped at F...which would be before G. I don't think it is altogether ridiculous[/quote]

Umm... yeah, I read what he said. F is amazingly close to G in my alphabet, and on top of that he actually had to look at Grandison's name when counting the names in the list (before he tried to figure out who was missing).

It is a lazy error if he is going to be tossing out a suspicion without checking that facts are correct.

Btw, why are you not letting him defend himself?

Archived