AGOT Mafia 55

House Targaryen

[quote name='Idomeneus' post='1455568' date='Jul 25 2008, 05.21']Yeah, so I'm going to bed soon, and there is no discussion whatsoever about the kill.

Once I go to bed I won't return until after the day ends.[/quote]
Same here. We need Ody.

Okay, I’m here.

I’ve been giving this serious thought, as I agree with Ido this will probably be my last post of substance.

Firstly, your votes:

Ido: Pat, Phil and Dio.

Pat: Ajax.

Dio: Phil, Ajax.

Phil: Dio.

Achilleus: Phil, Dio and Pat.

Ajax: Achilles and Pat.

Giving a total [i]sans[/i] me of:

3 votes: Pat, Dio and Phil.

2 votes: Ajax.

1 vote: Achilleus.

While I originally asked for a single vote, I think the fact that people gave several is useful. Anyway, I’ll respect the majorities’ wishes and execute one of the three top contenders, casting my deciding vote between these three. They also happen to be Ido’s three choices, which I think is terribly convenient, as he’s the Kingmaker and thus the only person I trust completely.

Anyway, here are my thoughts and the basis for my vote:

I focused my re-read on Pat, Phil and Ajax.

Ajax lives in a world of his own where traditional rules of mafia don’t seem to apply. I agree with Achilles he’s just silly. The suspicious things he does could be laid down to inexperience and [i]naïvete[/i], but he could also be a FM. He could be partnered with most anyone. He never attacks ANYONE, and when he does it’s always very half-heartedly. Even his most recent case against Achilles/Pat is just unconvincing enough not to be taken seriously (though I’m not sure if this is intentional or not).

But I’m not going to kill Ajax today. He isn’t one of the three top contenders, so I’ll give him a pass.

Phil IS one of the three contenders. He long suspected an Ido/Menelaus partnership, which was obviously wrong on both accounts. I think he could conceivably be partnered with Pat. Today he looked in his direction and made some good points, but ended up voting for Dio. Pat suspects Phil, but is voting for Ajax. There was a point in the game where he asked Neo for last words. I’m curious to know what these were meant to be, but it doesn’t look like he’ll be back before I make my decision.

Quite frankly, I’ve liked Phil’s contributions today quite a lot. While I’m not sure I agree with his case on Dio I think it rings more honest than both Ajax’s case and Pat’s case.

Finally there’s Pat. Pat is the player who most bugged me when I was re-reading him.

[quote name='Patroclus' post='1451327' date='Jul 22 2008, 16.42']If Neo wants to pick someone before then our best bet is Dio. If he isn't a killer or symp (which a CF won't tell us) then he's a terrible king and shouldn't be left alive to get the office again.

If dio turns up evil I suggest the kingmaker choose either myself or Achilles for BP tonight. Just don't say which in the thread.[/quote] If Neo wants to pick someone before then our best bet is Dio. If he isn't a killer or symp (which a CF won't tell us) then he's a terrible king and shouldn't be left alive to get the This post has been quoted before, and it is indeed very scummy. He’s saying Dio would make a good kill even if innocent as some kind of punishment for being a bad king or to prevent him from being king again (which makes little sense, as Ido can simply choose someone else).

[quote name='Patroclus' post='1450213' date='Jul 22 2008, 01.00']I *also* like this choice.[/quote]

[quote name='Patroclus' post='1450247' date='Jul 22 2008, 02.00']True enough, but since I owe Dio my life, I won't give him too much crap about it.[/quote]

These are Pat’s last post from day one and first post from night one. The first is refering to Dio’s choice of executing Li’l Ajax before the CF came up.

But then he starts attacking Dio head on, with things like this:

[quote name='Patroclus' post='1451046' date='Jul 22 2008, 13.36']Something that bothered me about Diomedes' decision making yesterday that I didn't want to point out until I know for sure he wasn't king anymore:

Firstly, he spares the person very likely to be modkilled, thus getting the FMs an extra kill.

Secondly, he spares me, someone who the majority was happy with killing for no apparent reason. I saw this as similar to players becoming "unkillable" and he could have figured me being killed the next day or the next day was very likely.

[b]Thirdly, he kills Ajax the Lesser, who I hadn't noted anything suspicious about all game (and who turns out to be innocent) seemingly "on a whim" as someone else described it.[/b]

My fourth observation isn't something that [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ_FgL5l1og&feature=related"]Dio[/url] did, but ties in incredibly well with point two. Agamemnon is killed. I think it was Neo or Phil that pointed out that this was "too obvious" and I agree, this was an attempt to get me lynched. Essentially, the FMs are lazy and was going to let you all kill me for them.

Fifthly, Menelaus. I presented *actual* evidence, more than just bells and feelings and Dio says it "wouldn't be fair"? That's just complete bullshit.[/quote]

Note there’s a clear cut contradiction here. This is something I find extremely suspicious.

As Phil points out, his contribution since has been considerable lacking. This could be common FM behavior, since it’s frequent in CF games to come out strong one day against a player and then go into meek mode the next day after your case inevitably turns out to be wrong. Today he makes a case against Big A, but it’s mostly all re-hashing what we’ve been saying all game about him (though he does make a good point about the Dio comment).

All in all it’s a very difficult decision, and the possibilities are much broader than I originally thought they would be, but it’s made.

[b]Execute Patroclus[/b]

Well, Pat was my top suspect, so I clearly like this. It's now 8 for the ShadowMod, so she might show up soon, depending on how late she sleeps in. Odysseus, feel free to leave any words of wisdom you want us to think about later.

If Pat is innocent, we're screwed. But if he's guilty, we have to find his partner. I'm going to be gone for most of the day, so I need suggestions for tomorrow's king. Who is the most likely to be Pat's partner? Does anyone other than Ajax have a role? Anyone have any specific requests?

[quote name='Pallas Athena' post='1455997' date='Jul 25 2008, 07.57']You guys suck.

No role has been awarded.[/quote]
We love you too Athena, (I just love Aphrodite and Ares more... the gods of love and war. Fitting, no?)

It's my good morning check in.

I will be gone for the next 12 hours or so. Sorry to disrupt the game like this.

Someone kill Diomedes already.

ACTUALLY. Piper did leave other criteria to pick a winner in case of a... uh, tie, if you could even call this that (re: you guys suck). Well, he did for Poseidon's quest anyway. I don't see why the same wouldn't apply here.

Someone will be getting a PM soon.

Ajax the Great
Diomedes
Odysseus
Philoctetes

Achilleus
Ido

it's do or die time. Ido and I are innocent and that can be proven.

2 of Ajax, Dio, Ody and Phil are guilty. sorry, but we need to put Oddy back on the suspicious list.

I will not make a decision without coming to an agreement with Ido, but I will look again at each of the remaining 4.

Archived