AGOT Mafia 55

House Targaryen

[quote name='Achilleus' post='1456756' date='Jul 25 2008, 18.10']Please tell me you are joking :lol:[/quote]
Not at all. I sent in a conditional PM saying that if Pat was innocent, you were to be crowned, and if Pat was guilty, Ajax was to be crowned.

It was all a matter of who his partner was most likely to be. You were most likely to be his partner, so his innocence makes me trust you a little more, and Ajax was least likely to be his partner, so I wanted to make sure I wouldn't elect Pat's killer partner. But as he was innocent, you were crowned.

I was hoping Ajax would just shut up and do what we told him to.

[quote name='Idomeneus' post='1456753' date='Jul 26 2008, 00.07']Wow. And to think I actually submitted your name as a candidate for King today... :eek:[/quote]
Why would you do that? Does that mean I have to be king tomorrow? You're joking, right?
:leaving:

[quote name='Idomeneus' post='1456762' date='Jul 26 2008, 00.16']Not at all. I sent in a conditional PM saying that if Pat was innocent, you were to be crowned, and if Pat was guilty, Ajax was to be crowned.

It was all a matter of who his partner was most likely to be. You were most likely to be his partner, so his innocence makes me trust you a little more, and Ajax was least likely to be his partner, so I wanted to make sure I wouldn't elect Pat's killer partner. But as he was innocent, you were crowned.

I was hoping Ajax would just shut up and do what we told him to.[/quote]
I pulled a you.

[quote name='Idomeneus' post='1456762' date='Jul 25 2008, 18.16']Not at all. I sent in a conditional PM saying that if Pat was innocent, you were to be crowned, and if Pat was guilty, Ajax was to be crowned.

I was hoping Ajax would just shut up and do what we told him to.[/quote]

In that case, I understand :)

[quote name='Ajax the Great' post='1456764' date='Jul 25 2008, 18.16']Why would you do that? Does that mean I have to be king tomorrow? You're joking, right?
:leaving:[/quote]
Trust me Ajax, if you wake up with a crown on your head, it means one of two things.

1) I'm desperate. Like, [i]really[/i] desperate. Like, bleeding to death in a pool of rabid sharks desperate.

-or-

2) Something has gone horribly wrong.

[quote name='Idomeneus' post='1456775' date='Jul 26 2008, 00.25']Trust me Ajax, if you wake up with a crown on your head, it means one of two things.

1) I'm desperate. Like, [i]really[/i] desperate. Like, bleeding to death in a pool of rabid sharks desperate.

-or-

2) Something has gone horribly wrong.[/quote]
Details on #2 please.

[quote name='Achilleus' post='1456799' date='Jul 25 2008, 18.57']we can win if we get 2 baddies in a row...one miss and we lose.[/quote]
not necesarily. Mobs don't count at all, because only one person matters. If I can crown innocents, and/or block kills at night (with help of guard/healer), we might be able to win. But we DO need to get a killer today, in order to make a guard useful.

Ajax- didn't you claim a guard role?

[quote name='Idomeneus' post='1456841' date='Jul 26 2008, 01.46']Please elaborate on the circumstances in which you were awarded your role[/quote]
I won the Hera contest, and got a PM saying I was a one-time guard. What else do you want elaboration on?

[u]Day 1[/u]: [b]Poseidon[/b]- Achilleus cursed.
[u]Day 2[/u]: [b]Hera[/b]- Ajax becomes guard.
[u]Day 3[/u]: [b]Athena[/b]- ???

[quote name='Ajax the Great' post='1456850' date='Jul 25 2008, 19.53']I won the Hera contest, and got a PM saying I was a one-time guard. What else do you want elaboration on?[/quote]
How you answered the questions if you forgot who your gods are.

[quote name='Ajax the Great' post='1456733' date='Jul 25 2008, 17.55']Me too. Actually [b]I forgot who my gods were[/b], but I think Athena may have been one of them.[/quote]

[quote name='Idomeneus' post='1456858' date='Jul 26 2008, 02.04']How you answered the questions if you forgot who your gods are.[/quote]
Well I knew that Hera was one of them, and I knew that the other one started with an A and wasn't Ares, because I don't like him. But all those gods starting with A confused me. I was going to do Athena just to be safe, but then I forgot to send in my answers.

OK, I am back. I quickly skimmed the posts from today.

On the lack of a kill. Perhaps the most obvious answer is the easiest. The FM targeted Achilles. Why, I couldn't begin to guess. Maybe they they assumed you were going to crown Ajax. Hell, maybe they forgot to send in a name.

I answered all three questions right for Poseidon. But since I worship Ares and Aphrodite, I didn't get to participate in the other 2 quests... (perhaps because I bitched to Piper about having to do homework on Day 1. I wasn't nice about it either. I feel bad.) I am not roled.

I picked Aphrodite in hopes of getting a lovers/friend role. I picked Ares in hope of getting a ninja role.

So now that I've checked in, what the plan?

[quote name='Philoctetes' post='1456864' date='Jul 26 2008, 02.10']I answered all three questions right for Poseidon. But since I worship Ares and Aphrodite, I didn't get to participate in the other 2 quests... (perhaps because I bitched to Piper about having to do homework on Day 1. I wasn't nice about it either. I feel bad.) I am not roled.[/quote]
I doubt it. I can think of two ways they chose which gods would give quests. Either they chose with an unbiased method (randomly, or before the game started), or they chose the gods that the most people chose (the least in Poseidon's case).

ETA: Why would anybody crown me? I wouldn't even crown myself, I'd make a terrible king.

Here are the theories of the players on the lack of kill:

[quote name='Diomedes' post='1456218' date='Jul 25 2008, 12.27']The only problem with this theory is, why is Odysseus not dead? My theory is that whomever won the Athena contest became a healer and protected Odysseus last night, since to me he was the obvious kill. I can't believe Odysseus would be evil. If he is, well done.[/quote]

[quote name='Ajax the Great' post='1456384' date='Jul 25 2008, 14.08']It was probably a heal. Or maybe there's a second guard. But it was probably a heal. Or maybe the FM tried to kill Achilleus, which I suppose is plausible. Achilleus seems like a fairly good kill, but I think Ido or Ody would have been better.[/quote]

[quote name='Odysseus' post='1456601' date='Jul 25 2008, 16.20']Two possibilities come to mind, either the FM targeted you or whoever won the Athena contest (wasn't me) somehow intervened (became bulletproof or a healer?). If he hasn't got a role that requires him to hide for it to be effective/safe he could reveal and explain.

I quite frankly don't have the faintest idea why I'm not dead. I was the logical kill. I was also the logical heal, though, if a one time healer power was Athena's reward.[/quote]

[quote name='Philoctetes' post='1456864' date='Jul 25 2008, 20.10']OK, I am back. I quickly skimmed the posts from today.

On the lack of a kill. Perhaps the most obvious answer is the easiest. The FM targeted Achilles. Why, I couldn't begin to guess. Maybe they they assumed you were going to crown Ajax. Hell, maybe they forgot to send in a name.

I answered all three questions right for Poseidon. But since I worship Ares and Aphrodite, I didn't get to participate in the other 2 quests... (perhaps because I bitched to Piper about having to do homework on Day 1. I wasn't nice about it either. I feel bad.) I am not roled.

I picked Aphrodite in hopes of getting a lovers/friend role. I picked Ares in hope of getting a ninja role.

So now that I've checked in, what the plan?[/quote]

Here is what actually happened: I was cursed by Posidion to sacrifice myself for the top poster should he ever be the night kill target. I was a martyr with no option to refuse or to pick who I deemed worthy. I had only one chance of surviving the curse. If the top posted was targeted the night I was named king, I would be bp and live. I would no longer be a martyr. I am no longer a martyr. This means Ido was the kill last night. Why was he targeted instead of Ody? Several thoughts come to mind but the main one is to get a new kingmaker, lose the CI and sow chaos.

Also, Ody has to have the Athena role since no one else has claimed it…unless someone is lying.

[quote name='Achilleus' post='1456872' date='Jul 25 2008, 20.19']Here is what actually happened: I was cursed by Posidion to sacrifice myself for the top poster should he ever be the night kill target. I was a martyr with no option to refuse or to pick who I deemed worthy. I had only one chance of surviving the curse. If the top posted was targeted the night I was named king, I would be bp and live. I would no longer be a martyr. I am no longer a martyr. This means Ido was the kill last night. Why was he targeted instead of Ody? Several thoughts come to mind but the main one is to get a new kingmaker, lose the CI and sow chaos.

Also, Ody has to have the Athena role since no one else has claimed it…unless someone is lying.[/quote]
If this is true, the killers are going to have a lot of fucking explaining to do after the game.*

I'm posting this now. This is the reason why killing me is one of (if not the) dumbest thing killers could do. I am not suspected right now. There are 6 players. This means there are 5 suspects, and 1 CI. Suppose they kill Odysseus, who was not very suspected, or Achilleus, also not very suspected. We still have 1 CI, and now 4 suspects, except we haven't gained anything, because the most suspicious people are still in the game.

Now suppose they kill me. My role is randomly redistributed, and (let's assume Phil is innocent) lands on Phil. He comes out, the role is easy to prove, impossible to counter, and Phil is CI'ed. Now, there are also still 4 suspects and 1 CI, except one of the most suspicious people in the game has now been taken out of the picture. It benefits the killers most to leave the top suspects alive to confuse us. My death can very easily CI a top suspect.

Now, I believe this to be pretty damn common-sense, and as such, believe the killers had no choice. I believe my king choices were fairly unpredictable, as I was switching around a lot, and didn't mention them at all. So they didn't want to hit the king, which left me or Odysseus. My death hurts them. Why not kill Odysseus? They can't. He's one of their own. This can't be an effort to frame him, because at this stage in the game, the killers can't risk withholding a kill or hurting themselves by CI'ing a top suspect.

My conclusions:

Idomeneus- Kingmaker
Achilleus- Innocent. He's got my trust.
Odysseus- Guilty as sin.
Philoctetes- Don't know. Leaning towards innocent, but that's just a slight lean.
Ajax- Completely impartial, right in the middle.
Diomedes- Don't know, leaning towards guilty.

Kill Odysseus today, guard Diomedes tonight, and we'll go from there.

P.S.- So what are the chances the top poster would be the kingmaker who crowned his martyr? We...saved...each other?

*unless I'm right, which I finally believe myself to be

[quote name='Idomeneus' post='1456892' date='Jul 25 2008, 20.42']BTW Achilleus- Did the thought cross your mind to become the top poster, hence limiting your chances of dying to 16.7% (1 out of 6) instead of 33.3% (2 out of 6, you and the top poster)?[/quote]

I asked a couple of times what if I became the top poster. All I really thought of was being able to pick who I was a martyr for. They never answered.

and it is very LUCKY we were able to save each other :lol:

Archived