Question Regarding Erikson

Defender of the Vale

[quote name='Bastard of Godsgrace' post='1495031' date='Aug 26 2008, 08.47']Tavore was also learning swordfighting from T'amber. It is mentioned in HoC that they were practicing a lot together.[/quote]
Yes, but the question is exactly [i]what[/i] they were practicing together. ;)

[quote name='Myshkin' post='1494944' date='Aug 26 2008, 13.26']Was it ever answered how exactly Tavore became a badass sword fighter and field general extrordinair? IIRC prior to being made adjunct she was a young noble woman with no martial training. Does being made adjunct automatically grant awesome powers of kickassitude?[/quote]

Practicing sword fighting with her brother and probably tutors and lots of study when she was young.
In the world of Malaz, it probably does...

[quote name='Myshkin' post='1492461' date='Aug 24 2008, 08.15']Likely it will be its own 15 book series. Right after the [i]Rake: The Early Years[/i] trilogy and the [i]Saga of Icarium[/i] sequence. To be followed by the [i]Redemption of Karsa[/i] tetralogy, and later the [i]Sandworms of Malaz[/i] trilogy (to be written by Kevin J. Anderson).[/quote]
Possible true. Wouldn't bother me so much if the quality of the main series was better. After struggling my way up to Toll The Hounds, I just put it down after 120 pages. And please don't tell me to "keep on reading, it gets much better later on" :whip:
It's hard to drop a series which I have invested so much time in (and some parts of the books have been quite good), but I will certainly try

[quote name='Myshkin' post='1492461' date='Aug 24 2008, 01.15']Likely it will be its own 15 book series. Right after the [i]Rake: The Early Years[/i] trilogy and the [i]Saga of Icarium[/i] sequence. To be followed by the [i]Redemption of Karsa[/i] tetralogy, and later the [i]Sandworms of Malaz[/i] trilogy (to be written by Kevin J. Anderson).[/quote]

I think I just pissed myself. :thumbsup:

Archived