MAFIA 56 - Barbie World

House Targaryen

[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1493002' date='Aug 24 2008, 22.36']Just so you know, if I were to lay a vote right now, it would be on Toujour with Diva as a close second, and Tarina after that.

Toujour I am confident is Bad, and even if she's not a killer, she is still Bad. We have let symps go before this and have learned that just because they are not a killer, doesn't mean they are not dangerous.[/quote]

Could you state your case against me all in one post as you think it now please so I can try and rebut it. Cos lynching me would be a disastrous move for the innos

OK. Somebody roled is lying, but I don't know who it is. All I know is that I'm NOT roled, and I am innocent. I haven't lied about anything.

I have two votes on me which could soon become four. I don't know if the evils will win if I am lynched today. But it sure doesn't help the innocents.

I still want to go with Hard Rock but no-one will vote that way. If it's between Showgirl and Toujours for the lynch - the only others who have had votes today, so I'm guessing it will be between those two and me; probably between me and Toujours. So, I'm switching vote to [b]Toujours[/b] as she is my second choice anyway.

I have to say there's a doubt in my mind over Toujours. But a doubt as to guilt is not the certainty that I have over not wishing to be lynched myself, as I'm innocent!

My suspects, as it goes, are

Hard Rock
Toujours
Tarina (I would be willing to lynch Tarina if people will switch with me; if you don't want to vote for Toujours, then vote for Tarina!!!)
Aqua (not totally satisfied with her)
Showgirl (benefit of the doubt for now)
Jazz (either innocent or very skilled evil)

My case is this - I disbelieve that there are 3 finder functions in this game (me, you and a CF). From my perspective that's all I really need to know.

To add on to that, you have been non-commital (which you've explained as a style and survival tactic).

There is also a quote from you which bothers me a bit

[quote name='Toujours Couture' post='1491795' date='Aug 23 2008, 02.54']This is partly a style thing as I said, but the main reason I'm not committing on anyone is because I haven't been convinced of anyone's guilt. [b]I'm pleased in a sense that Helly Kitty was proved evil[/b] maybe I'll trust my suspicions more from now on but I doubt I will be committing as much as you would like - that's just not my style.[/quote]

(bold mine)

Pleased in a sense? Not just outright happy as hell? Pleased in a sense because now your distancing will prove useful?

Pleased in a sense because I know that I should have that day followed up on my suspicions against Helly rather than just raising it and not doing much else. As to there not being three finder functions I can't say all I know is I am telling the truth and you are either innocent or a symp and may be telling the truth too. But I would ask you not to make too much of an argument that goes along the lines of 'your role simply isn't likely if the game is balanced and conforms to what we're used to'. I don't want to overstate this, but we know there are some unusual roles out there and we know Piper designed the game so things are ikely to be a tad wackier than usual.

Wackier, fine - overpowered, not so much.

I think all the wacky roles died in the day/night 2 debacle and we only got to see the aftermath, not the cause. I have just about given up trying to figure that mess out.

I find it odd that you are not questioning my role harder.

[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1493025' date='Aug 24 2008, 23.02']Wackier, fine - overpowered, not so much.

I think all the wacky roles died in the day/night 2 debacle and we only got to see the aftermath, not the cause. I have just about given up trying to figure that mess out.

I find it odd that you are not questioning my role harder.[/quote]

I am if I am honest out of my depth. Besides I know you are innocent or symp and we've been through the arguments for you being a symp and you would have to be a symp not for Hard Rock, in which case why did you clear her? And if you are innocent you are probably telling the truth. And you have been asked why you hadn't used it before last night and why you revealed to which you gave satisfactory answers.

Also I feel I should mention this: I asked the mods whether if Showgirl was a guard and she guarded me whether she would stop me getting a result and they said yes, which seems odd to me cos I didn't think innocents could guard other innocents. Anyway, should we ask her to do that to test both of our claims. If we assume there are still multiple FM then there is not much point her trying to guard FM. Then again if we are both telling the truth somehow and I don't get a result tonight we could be in bad trouble. I don't know what to do with this information but I thought I'd pass it on.

A few more thoughts.

If Hard Rock was a symp to Aqua and Couture, the game would already be over. She'd vote for Canary, Aqua would jump on, and Canary would be lynched. The next day, they'd have 3 of 5 players and would win. So I think I can rule out the possibility of Hard Rock being a symp to Aqua/Couture.....unless Hard Rock is really so inexperienced that she is unable to figure something like that out.

Meanwhile, I agree with Aqua that 3 finders (CF, innocent finder, and 1 shot finder) is way too much for this game. So I think one or both of Aqua or Couture is lying. Since I think one or both of them is lying, I can probably eliminate any possibility that fails to include one of them as evil. Meaning I can rule out Hard Rock as symp for Showgirl/Canary.

Tentatively updated worst case scenarios -

1) Aqua as symp to Showgirl and Canary.

2) Hard Rock as symp to Couture and Tarina.

3) Tarina as symp to Couture and Aqua.

[quote name='Toujours Couture' post='1493028' date='Aug 24 2008, 18.08']I am if I am honest out of my depth. Besides I know you are innocent or symp and we've been through the arguments for you being a symp and you would have to be a symp not for Hard Rock, in which case why did you clear her? And if you are innocent you are probably telling the truth. And you have been asked why you hadn't used it before last night and why you revealed to which you gave satisfactory answers.[/quote]

If she's a symp, I'm almost positive that its for Showgirl and Canary.

In addition to that, if you are telling the truth, I'm almost positive that she's lying. In which case she'd have to be a symp.

Basically, what I'm saying is that if you are telling the truth, then I think the evil team is Aqua, Showgirl, Canary. At least, thats what I've narrowed it down to.

That's a significant problem. Because it would mean that we would be at endgame after all (in that scenario).

[quote]Also I feel I should mention this: I asked the mods whether if Showgirl was a guard and she guarded me whether she would stop me getting a result and they said yes, which seems odd to me cos I didn't think innocents could guard other innocents. Anyway, should we ask her to do that to test both of our claims. If we assume there are still multiple FM then there is not much point her trying to guard FM. Then again if we are both telling the truth somehow and I don't get a result tonight we could be in bad trouble. I don't know what to do with this information but I thought I'd pass it on.[/quote]

Innocents can always guard other innocents. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

If you are not lynched, I definitely do not want her to guard you tonight. I would want to hear who you claim as innocent tomorrow.

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1493035' date='Aug 24 2008, 23.13']If she's a symp, I'm almost positive that its for Showgirl and Canary.

In addition to that, if you are telling the truth, I'm almost positive that she's lying. In which case she'd have to be a symp.

Basically, what I'm saying is that if you are telling the truth, then I think the evil team is Aqua, Showgirl, Canary. At least, thats what I've narrowed it down to.

That's a significant problem. Because it would mean that we would be at endgame after all (in that scenario).

Innocents can always guard other innocents. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

If you are not lynched, I definitely do not want her to guard you tonight. I would want to hear who you claim as innocent tomorrow.[/quote]

Why would Aqua lie to clear someone who isn't her master? Just to throw us off? I know I am reducing my own credibility by saying this but I hope Aqua isn't a symp as that as you say does make things worse for us.

[quote name='Black Canary' post='1493038' date='Aug 24 2008, 18.16']Jazz - are you leaning towards voting yet?[/quote]

Not quite yet.

And Hard Rock....please pay attention. Please DO NOT vote without first telling us in a separate post who you suspect. Lay out your thoughts for us first. Please. Don't just jump into a vote. I want to know your thoughts before a decision is made.

I really don't want you to vote for Couture and then have Aqua jump on out of nowhere. I'm starting to get a really bad feeling that she's waiting to do just that.

In fact, Aqua, why don't you just go ahead and vote? Your mind is made up. I'd rather have it very clearly be set at 3 votes for Couture than have it at 2. I don't want Hard Rock to be fooled into having a false sense of security and thinking that its safe to vote, since her vote supposedly wouldn't be the last one.

[quote name='Toujours Couture' post='1493042' date='Aug 24 2008, 18.19']Why would Aqua lie to clear someone who isn't her master? Just to throw us off?[/quote]

Yes, to throw us off. FM and symps who fake reveal do stuff like that all the time. All she was doing was cutting down the suspect pool by one player. Not a big sacrifice. Especially since Hard Rock had already revealed as Healer, and it was very possible that people were going to PI her anyway.

The question I have is why she'd do that, rather than save a fake reveal for later, when she might need it to protect Canary or Showgirl. Hmm. And what would she have gained out of it, beyond an attempt to make herself PI.

I was holding out so everyone could have their say, and I wanted to see where people were committing their votes. You can say all you want, but at this point - votes matter.

I see Diva is going to hold out as long as she can. I know Hard Rock is ... um ... in over her head, perhaps? I'd still like to hear firm suspicions from Diva and Hard Rock before possibly ending the day without either of them stating their preference.

[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1493061' date='Aug 24 2008, 18.37']I was holding out so everyone could have their say, and I wanted to see where people were committing their votes. You can say all you want, but at this point - votes matter.

I see Diva is going to hold out as long as she can. I know Hard Rock is ... um ... in over her head, perhaps? I'd still like to hear firm suspicions from Diva and Hard Rock before possibly ending the day without either of them stating their preference.[/quote]

I'm not voting until I hear Hard Rock's thoughts.

Archived