MAFIA 56 - Barbie World

House Targaryen

[quote name='Black Canary' post='1493133' date='Aug 24 2008, 20.04']You know, this is contrary to what you've been saying all day. You hadn't leaned towards me before, so why now?[/quote]

I just said why. Of the potential 3 person teams, the one that concerns me the most is Aqua as symp to you and Showgirl.

Now that Aqua has cast a vote for Couture, there are only 2 worst case scenario teams left that make sense.

1) Aqua as symp to Canary/Showgirl
2) Hard Rock as symp to Couture/Tarina

I think the first one is more likely than the second one, and I'm focused on worst case scenarios. Its that simple.

[quote]Where would you be placing yourself on those scenarios, eh Jazz?[/quote]

You know, that is a typical desperate killer response. :rolleyes:

I'm innocent. I'm not going to waste my time working on scenarios that I know aren't true.

[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1493138' date='Aug 24 2008, 20.08']Different people have different levels of commitment and most people are more involved when they have a pivotal role. You can't seriously use that as a defense.[/quote]

I'm never more or less involved. My involvement is always 100%.

If I'm evil, I'll do a lot to act as if I'm innocent. But one thing I won't do is stay up an entire night, just trying to fake as if I'm trying to solve the puzzle of the game, when I could just as easily go to sleep without having anybody be at all suspicious of me. The benefit is nowhere near high enough to justify that type of cost.

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1493141' date='Aug 24 2008, 20.09']I just said why. Of the potential 3 person teams, the one that concerns me the most is Aqua as symp to you and Showgirl.

Now that Aqua has cast a vote for Couture, there are only 2 worst case scenario teams left that make sense.

1) Aqua as symp to Canary/Showgirl
2) Hard Rock as symp to Couture/Tarina

I think the first one is more likely than the second one, and I'm focused on worst case scenarios. Its that simple.

You know, that is a typical desperate killer response. :rolleyes:

I'm innocent. I'm not going to waste my time working on scenarios that I know aren't true.[/quote]

I'm inclined to think you are innocent. That's why you should agree with me that the second one is more likely!!! I certainly buy the secone one since it is made up of my top 3 suspects.

Aqua is not above suspicion but if there's no other way she can be evil-affiliated other than being my symp, then she must be innocent.

[quote name='Black Canary' post='1493147' date='Aug 24 2008, 20.15']Aqua is not above suspicion but if there's no other way she can be evil-affiliated other than being my symp, then she must be innocent.[/quote]

There are other ways. They just don't involve worst case scenario, 3 person teams. Which is what I'm focused on right now.

Here's how I see it.

I am about as certain as I can be that 3 finder functions are too much, regardless of the wacky roles that were promised. It would be too unbalancing.

Therefore, Couture is lying.

She is evil (symp or FM). Showgirl is voting for her. Canary is voting for her. I am voting for her. Therefore, we three are not evil.

That leaves Diva, Tarina and Hard Rock.

Since I found Hard Rock innocent (not a killer), I find it hard to stretch a scenario that makes Hard Rock Couture's symp as she is at the top of Hard Rock's list. The healer reveal would make no sense.

That leaves Diva and Tarina. Diva is my top suspect, but that can be re-evaluated after the night kill.

We lynch one of those two tomorrow when there are 5 of us. They may both be evil (although a stretch due to Tarina listing Diva as second suspect - but no vote was laid down) but there would only be two of them to 3 innocents. If we lynch on and the game is not over, Night kill means we are down to three.

Three players left, the two innocents lynch the last of Tarina or Diva.

We've got the game won people! What can I do to convince you?

It has to be Diva who is evil. I'm looking at her posts where she's saying 'I tend to believe Aqua over Couture' 'an innocent finder is too overpowered in this game'. If she believes me more than Couture then [i]why is she voting for Canary? [/i]

A vote for Canary is basically saying - those people voting for Couture, the one I said was probably lying, are evil. It's so obviously a desperate move.

If I thought we would have enough people around at once to support a Diva lynch, I would switch it in a liquid heartbeat. The time limit and zones are against us on that, and Toujour is still a good lynch, so it's not game breaking at this point. Frustrating, but not game-breaking. Grrrrr.

[quote]And by the way, this pretty much makes the Aqua - Couture team impossible. Yeah, they might be distancing...but why do that now, when they could just get a lynch in against Canary instead? Especially when that lynch could win them the game? Wouldn't make any sense.[/quote]
This has pretty much convinced me. I'm pretty sure of two things: that both people are one vote from being lynched, and that I'm voting for Black Canary; if there is anything you can say in your defense, please say it soon.
Oh, and Jazz Diva, what happens if we lynch Canary and it turns out she is an innocent? Miss Aquamarine will practically be screaming for your blood, and I think a lot of my trust for you will be gone.

[quote name='Hard Rock Cafe' post='1493206' date='Aug 24 2008, 21.47']This has pretty much convinced me. I'm pretty sure of two things: that both people are one vote from being lynched, and that I'm voting for Black Canary; if there is anything you can say in your defense, please say it soon.
Oh, and Jazz Diva, what happens if we lynch Canary and it turns out she is an innocent? Miss Aquamarine will practically be screaming for your blood, and I think a lot of my trust for you will be gone.[/quote]

That last part will come out true, then, since I am innocent.

I don't really see how I can defend myself. I'm innocent. I'm not roled and I haven't lied about being roled. I've pursued people I thought were guilty all along - namely, Helly Kitty and Hard Rock. I was proven right about Kitty. I have had suspicions of Toujours, Tarina, and slightly on Aqua and a bit on Jazz. I've gone for a lynch that wasn't my first choice - on Medusa, and as it turned out Medusa was innocent, so I was right to doubt; I missed the lynch on Pepper and wouldn't have backed it anyway, and I was proved right there too.

Of course, if there are two killers left, which is what people seem to agree on, then I'm probably doomed anyway. The votes on me are from Toujours, Tarina (neither is that surprising) and Jazz, which I am surprised about and makes me rethink her earlier actions - for example, some impatient if not aggressive play, a style which has subsided; her insistence on pushing for Medusa, and her change of imnd over me when she's been leaning to Couture all day.

Based on Jazz's own scenarios Tarina and Toujours could be a team. She put Hard Rock as a possible symp. If Hard Rock votes for me, I suggest this team is accurate, and Jazz is just a misguided innocent OR that Jazz is the symp and HR the misguided innocent. Either way, it's a bad lynch.

If you are unsure about Toujours Couture then lynch Tarina instead. You could lynch Aqua as she is some people's viable alternative, but I'm inclined against that as she's lower in my suspect list. But any of those three (obviously HR is not going to lynch herself, nor is Jazz) - the first two especially - are better choices than me, as I am one of probably only three non-evil/symp players left.

Lynch me today and the innocents lose. Simple as. Three vs. three, one innocent dies tonight, one lynched tomorrow, last one dies tomorrow night.

It is day 4.

7 players remain: Black Canary, Hard Rock Cafe, Jazz Diva, Miss Aquamarine, Tarina Tarantino, The Showgirl, Toujours Couture.

4 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Toujours Couture (The Showgirl, Black Canary, Miss Aquamarine)
3 votes for Black Canary (Tarina Tarantino, Toujours Couture, Jazz Diva)

1 players have not voted: Hard Rock Cafe.

A tie! How exciting.

Well, Hard Rock, it's up to you. You can either take a gamble on Toujours Couture (and, excluding me, and you if you prove not to be evil, she's got more than half a chance of being killer/symp - 3/5) and hope it results in an Innocents win, or you can take me out and see the Innocents lose.

Whatever you decide will decide the game, as well as almost certainly showing your guilt or innocence.

[quote]Well, Hard Rock, it's up to you. You can either take a gamble on Toujours Couture (and, excluding me, and you if you prove not to be evil, she's got more than half a chance of being killer/symp - 3/5) and hope it results in an Innocents win, or you can take me out and see the Innocents lose.

Whatever you decide will decide the game, as well as almost certainly showing your guilt or innocence.[/quote]

The people voting for you say the opposite, and I am more inclined to trust them as a whole than the people voting for Couture. Furthermore, if I am the FM, I cannot vote for you as doing so would certainly paint me as guilty, and I clearly cannot choose the wine in front of me. ;)

[quote name='Hard Rock Cafe' post='1493229' date='Aug 24 2008, 22.22']Ok, Black Canary, I still don't think you're innocent, but I won't vote to lynch you without knowing what Jazz Diva thinks will happen if you are lynched and come up innocent.[/quote]

Why do you need to wait for Jazz? If I come up innocent, innocents are screwed. I won't come up guilty, because I'm not guilty.

Jazz's scenarios are useful, I agree, but they aren't foolproof. She isn't figured in, for starters. Perhaps she doesn't need to be, of course. If you think she should be, then perhaps you'd better figure out your own scenarios?

[quote name='Hard Rock Cafe' post='1493241' date='Aug 24 2008, 22.35']The people voting for you say the opposite, and I am more inclined to trust them as a whole than the people voting for Couture. Furthermore, if I am the FM, I cannot vote for you as doing so would certainly paint me as guilty, and I clearly cannot choose the wine in front of me. ;)[/quote]

So you trust the people who are voting for me. But if you vote for me, you're an FM.

But if you don't vote for me, by your logic, you're voting with two people who are evil-affiliated.

So which is to be?

[quote]Jazz's scenarios are useful, I agree, but they aren't foolproof. She isn't figured in, for starters. Perhaps she doesn't need to be, of course. If you think she should be, then perhaps you'd better figure out your own scenarios?[/quote]
You're right, I need to think of something on my own. Still, I'm going to take a risk and vote [b]Black Canary[/b].

Archived