Mafia 57: The stowaways

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Harlaw' post='1517801' date='Sep 14 2008, 17.41']OK. Well. I'm not [i]unhappy[/i] with lynching Wynch. I'll probably hammer it if no-one else has posted before me.

Can I point out some interesting things about Merlyn first.

In post 83 he quotes me and says "say something. anything". Also calls up Goodbrother and others for being low posters.

Yet up until this point Merlyn has made 5 posts - none of which have any real susbstance. The Beach Boys thing, av talk, but nothing of susbstance.

Then, in that same post 83, he backs the Wynch case - a safe move; he puts down the fourth (at that time) vote on Wynch.

He makes one more post after this, saying the only difference between Orkwood and Wynch cases is that Orkwood has less on it. I don't know if I agree with this, guess it's an OK comment. Doesn't say much.

He also mentions Saltcliffe as a possible suspect, and says negative and positive things about Stonetree.

So, seven posts; two of any susbstance (but not a great deal).

Very good candidate for a good look at tomorrow, seeing as no time to lynch them now.[/quote]
If Wynch turns up innocent, it makes Merlyn looks suspicious. But if he turns up guilty, it doesn't clear Merlyn: he could be on the other FM team.

It seems like with 13 players and 2 FM teams, it must have been hard to balance.

[quote name='House Harlaw' post='1517801' date='Sep 15 2008, 00.41']He makes one more post after this, saying the only difference between Orkwood and Wynch cases is that Orkwood has less on it. I don't know if I agree with this, guess it's an OK comment. Doesn't say much.[/quote]
I noticed this one myself, mostly because I thought the two cases had a few distinct differences (Wynch's relying more on his behavior, Orkwood more on bandwagoning/timing of his vote). Found it a little weird.

Either way, we'll have more to say once we get a CF result.

[quote name='House Drumm' post='1517802' date='Sep 14 2008, 17.42']That would be, in effect, voting to go to night. A lynch is better than no lynch, and I'm sure Saltcliffe is aware of that.[/quote]
Could Harlaw do a conditional vote? Like "If Saltcliffe isn't back by the end of the day, I vote Wynch." Because we should lynch Wynch, but I also would like to see what Saltcliffe will do.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1517795' date='Sep 14 2008, 23.35']Well, I will be off to bed now. In the meanwhile you should lynch one of Harlaw, Botley or Kenning, since approx two of them are killers.[/quote]
Omfg, another Im off to bed lynch that guy good night, post!

[quote name='House Botley' post='1517808' date='Sep 15 2008, 00.46']Could Harlaw do a conditional vote? Like "If Saltcliffe isn't back by the end of the day, I vote Wynch." Because we should lynch Wynch, but I also would like to see what Saltcliffe will do.[/quote]
No, because that's lame.

We could always just sit back and wait if Harlaw's got the time.

Botley, there isn't just me who can switch. And Saltcliffe. Myre and Merlyn could, and Farwynd may yet show up. Obviously Wynch won't change, and Stonetree has gone, but there are still three others.

Though I'm tempted to hammer it anyway. If Wynch himself turned up, what could he say in the way of last words? Short of revealing, which I don't know if I would want/believe anyway.

[quote name='House Harlaw' post='1517814' date='Sep 15 2008, 00.50']Though I'm tempted to hammer it anyway. If Wynch himself turned up, what could he say in the way of last words? Short of revealing, which I don't know if I would want/believe anyway.[/quote]
I don't think anyone gives a shit what Wynch has got to say. Botley seemed curious what Saltcliffe would do when he returned if the day wasn't over yet.

I'd rather just have the CF result now, but it really makes no difference so long as the lynch happens eventually.

Of course I had a choice.

I could have showed up after end of day and poo-pooed and/or cheered the lynch.

I also could have showed up now and said that based on Botley's rediculous song I am not voting for Wynch in protest, knowing that it would happen regardless.

Or I could have hammered him.

But I understand the connotation that if I was his FM partner (as Botley was implying,) would I vote for him? Rest assured if I was his FM partner, I would have done the same thing.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1517831' date='Sep 15 2008, 01.03']He could have not shown up, and then made up some excuse as to why he missed the end of the day.[/quote]

I wasn't being over-the-top-serious!!!

But it's a fair argument.

If he [i]had[/i] not shown up, then that wouldn't have had an effect on the game in the same way that ensuring a lynch does; whereas now it [i]could[/i] end up looking better for him than it would've otherwise.

[quote name='House Harlaw' post='1517839' date='Sep 14 2008, 18.09']I wasn't being over-the-top-serious!!![/quote]
Impossible. There is a top to seriousness. The most serious you can be is 100% with no jokes or wit at all. On the other hand, it's not possible to be 100% silly; you theoretically can get infinitely close though.

Okay, this post was totally pointless. Whatever.

[quote name='House Drumm' post='1517842' date='Sep 14 2008, 18.11']Patience. Just scene-writing and etc, I'm sure.

In the meanwhile, I'm hungry.[/quote]
Mmmm food. All I've eaten today is chips and salsa, applesauce, and raspberries.

(Now I'm just killing time until the mods get here.)

[quote name='House Botley' post='1517844' date='Sep 15 2008, 01.12']Impossible. There is a top to seriousness. The most serious you can be is 100% with no jokes or wit at all. On the other hand, it's not possible to be 100% silly; you theoretically can get infinitely close though.

Okay, this post was totally pointless. Whatever.[/quote]

And, by your own definition, my action was perfectyl possible :P

Archived