Mafia 57: The stowaways

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1518203' date='Sep 15 2008, 10.45']Why he was so eager to inform us what he planned to do on next day?[/quote]
To see if I could goad you into talking. Duh. I didn't care enough to move my vote from lynch, so I just threatened you with a vote.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1518323' date='Sep 15 2008, 15.16']That is not why I think he was killed. It would have been nice to have known his thoughts, is all.

I am actually confused as to why he would have been a target. I am rereading to see what I missed.[/quote]
Haven't got the time, but I'd like to take a look at yesterday's votes in light of the NK. If someone else is bumming around and can take care of that for me, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll be back in the afternoon.

[quote name='House Goodbrother' post='1518120' date='Sep 14 2008, 23.00']Long time no see Myre!
Let see how YOU have played the game so far, last activity 12 hours ago.
You voted for Orkwood then disappoeared without a notice.
Lets take a look at your last post:

For me it seems that you didnt really care who would be lynched, and thats why you were nowhere to be found for 12 hours, during this period there was a lot of activity ( more than 120 posts) lots of votes got changed but yours remained the same and your reason to suspect him is poorly justified.

After a lynch takes place you come back and start pointing fingers at Botley, me, Orkwood and Merlyn.

You say I posted 20mins after Drumm called for me, well yea I was reading the posts thoroughly and
analyzing them so I could post based on some logic not like your posts that are just mere speculations
made probably in a hurry just to post something.

You are still suspicious if Orkwood because of his post in the beginning of the game! This shows again
you dont care/want to put any effort in your reasoning and posts.

As for your list of people who you like, I dont know how did you come to that conclusion because you didnt
provide us with enough reasoning and logic AGAIN.

Thats why I believe you are a FM![/quote]
I don't think he's FM, he's just really really lazy.

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1518316' date='Sep 15 2008, 09.10']Farwynd's comment on Merlyn's posts and reasons someone could have had to kill Merlyn:

Farwynd, do you really get that impression from this?[/quote]Yeah, I got that impression from this and, since so, a killer could get same impression. I am not that unique. :)
Of course, there might be a lot of other reason. Merlyn could be alt-guessed or role-hunted or some of his suspect might actually be guilty. Anyway, I wasn't surprized at all. And now I suspect that Merlyn's killer might be among those who are (or ptretend to be) surprized.

I agree, I misread the rules. A heal is a possibility, but I see no merit in discussing such possibility. Evidently, we don't want our LW to reveal and safe play requires us to presume our enemies still have 5 unused kills, not 4.

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1518339' date='Sep 15 2008, 15.33']Yeah, I got that impression from this and, since so, a killer could get same impression. I am not that unique. :)
Of course, there might be a lot of other reason. Merlyn could be alt-guessed or role-hunted or some of his suspect might actually be guilty. Anyway, I wasn't surprized at all. And now I suspect that Merlyn's killer might be among those who are (or ptretend to be) surprized.

I agree, I misread the rules. A heal is a possibility, but I see no merit in discussing such possibility. Evidently, we don't want our LW to reveal and safe play requires us to presume our enemies still have 5 unused kills, not 4.[/quote]

Sorry, but if the LW got attacked by one of the FM teams he is going to die next night, because the FM know his identity and he is helpless during night 2. I think it's fair to say that it is extremely unlikely that both FM teams tried to kill Merlyn, and I also doubt that one team withheld last night.

[quote name='House Drumm' post='1518330' date='Sep 15 2008, 09.24']To see if I could goad you into talking. Duh. I didn't care enough to move my vote from lynch, so I just threatened you with a vote.[/quote]Even though I evidently wasn't here to see your threat? You should understand that heavily drunken man needs, er, some time before becoming able to read and understand discussion. Did you actually wanted me to talk during the night?

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1518361' date='Sep 15 2008, 15.45']Even though I evidently wasn't here to see your threat? You should understand that heavily drunken man needs, er, some time before becoming able to read and understand discussion. Did you actually wanted me to talk during the night?[/quote]
Nah, I was just bored, and you not being around was annoying me. Would've picked on Myre too for having rock-bottom post counts, but I had decent enough vibes on Myre as far as Day 1 goes.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1518351' date='Sep 15 2008, 09.41']Sorry, but if the LW got attacked by one of the FM teams he is going to die next night, because the FM know his identity and he is helpless during night 2.[/quote]The FM know his identity? But how, Holmes?
[quote]I think it's fair to say that it is extremely unlikely that both FM teams tried to kill Merlyn, and I also doubt that one team withheld last night.[/quote]We just recently played 3-sided game where each evil team was obliged to withheld on one night of their choice. AFAIR, both teams withheld on night 1. At least, our team did, we haven't even inspected other possibilities, it was obvious for us all that night 1 is best time to withheld. In this game, situation is quite similar.

[quote name='House Drumm' post='1518377' date='Sep 15 2008, 09.55']Nah, I was just bored, and you not being around was annoying me.[/quote]Well, it makes some sense. Personally, I find it slightly silly to be annoyed by a person who has objective reason for not posting (as I said, I wasn't aware that the game had started, because my mail server was down and I hadn't recieved notification), but different men have the different views.
Still, it's possible that you tried to look non-dangerous.
Now, are you happy with my contribution? Anything to say except self-defence?

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1518391' date='Sep 15 2008, 10.04']Because they tried to kill him and he is still alive. ;)[/quote]Oh. So, you think it was not just a heal, but self-heal? Well, even if so, he can't be sure they actually targeted him. It's his decision, but I'd still heavily discouradged him from reveal. If you are right, he has nothing to lose, but nothing to gain also. If you are wrong, he might lose everything.

It is day 2.

11 players remain: Botley, Drumm, Farwynd, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Kenning, Myre, Orkwood, Saltcliffe, Stonetree, Volmark.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

1 vote for Stonetree (Botley)

10 players have not voted: Drumm, Farwynd, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Kenning, Myre, Orkwood, Saltcliffe, Stonetree, Volmark.

ETA: sorry about the counter. we'll fix it soon.

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1518393' date='Sep 15 2008, 16.06']Now, are you happy with my contribution? Anything to say except self-defence?[/quote]
Is my vote on you? :P Hate to admit it, but I've got to run soon, so I haven't the time to sit down and think over things.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1518391' date='Sep 15 2008, 16.04']Because they tried to kill him and he is still alive. ;)[/quote]
If you think neither FM team saved their kill, then you clearly must think someone was healed, and if you think the LW healed themselves... dude, shut up. Or say you think the LW healed someone else. You're effectively pointing out (who you believe to be) the LW to one of the FM teams. Stop that. Please.

I really hate do do this, but it's time for me to give up the charade. I will be even more busy this week than I originally planned, and I might even risk a modkill after day 3 (will be on a trip from Thursday on). There is also a good chance that I might be killed next night. I hope you understand that I try to play it safe because of that.

[color="#FF0000"][b]I am the Lonely Wolf, innocent version.
[/b][/color]

I have investigated a player last night, and I got a 'roled' result. Since that player might still be one of the friends, I will give them another chance to reveal before I announce the name of that player. If there's no reveal I will assume that my investigation result is guilty.

Since I don't want a friend reveal from a player that I do already trust (a bit), I will give you a shortlist of players that I might have investigated:

Drumm

Goodbrother

Harlaw

Kenning

Orkwood

Saltcliffe

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1518418' date='Sep 15 2008, 16.26'][color="#FF0000"][b]I am the Lonely Wolf, innocent version.
[/b][/color][/quote]

I CALLED IT! :D :D :D :D Mind you, this doesn't prove you're allied with the innocent side, but even so. SO CALLED IT!

And no reveal from me.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1518205' date='Sep 15 2008, 09.47']Unlike Goodbrother, I am convinced that Myre is not an FM. His few posts so far have been reasonable and helpful, although his case against Orkwood has not been that strong.

I still have a good feeling about Volmark (yes, it's still strictly based on his first post), and I want to point out that I was right about Wynch's innocence.

I still don't like Kenning. Drumm has improved his position a bit. Botley is someone who is still worrying me, he's on stage but has avoided the spotlight so far.

Now it's time for breakfast.

* searches for rum *[/quote]
Whats so convincing about Myre's reasoning and posts? How are they helpful? I know for a fact that they are too few to convince anyone.
Now why you point out your correct guess on Wynch's innocence, isnt it because you may actually know all the innocent ones here?

[quote name='House Goodbrother' post='1518425' date='Sep 15 2008, 16.32']Now why you point out your correct guess on Wynch's innocence, isnt it because you may actually know all the innocent ones here?[/quote]
But even if he were an evil!LW, he'd still not know who the innocents were what with the other team and all.

Archived