Mafia 57: The stowaways

House Targaryen

THERE ARE NO CLUES IN THE SCENE.

“Well, go to it, then” Blackfyre had said at the beginning of the day, more than a little impatiently, before wandering off to his private quarters muttering grimly about things not being like the good old days.

“So, um, it sucks to be me” moaned Drumm over the pirates’ breakfast rumcakes.

“Yeah, you’re not much of a looker, are you Drumm?” agreed Botley. “Also, where am I?”

Meanwhile Stonetree has been washing his rumcakes down with…you guessed it – rum! “Eurghhar” he managed to sputter before collapsing comatose onto the deck.

“Oh for Pete’s sake!” exclaimed Kenning, while poking Stonetree with the blunt side of his cutlass, “not only is Stonetree and the rest of you contributing to the maintenance of an entirely unwholesome and unwelcome stereotype of pirates – I mean, it’s only 9.30 in the morning and Stonetree has already passed out and most of the rest of you are no better, and look at this cutlass! Who uses cutlasses these days? Only Canadians, and they’re hardly known for their piratical skill, are they? Anyway, not only that, but there’s hardly any life around here. Don’t we want to find the vampires and ninjas?”

After a little while with not much happening apart from the sound of a few filthy curses emanating from Blackfyre’s cabin, along with, curiously, the odd few bars of ‘The Pirates of Penzance’ apparently being played on a banjo, Kenning settles down for a swig of rum and tells Botley to relax.

Stonetree rouses himself for a few moments, just to inform the world at large that, you know, you can use facial expression to convey meaning as well as words. Kenning, now quite drunk, nods his agreement.

Saltcliffe and Merlyn wander over to the little scene together “Hey Drumm” Merlyn said, “we should kill you”
“I agree” echoed Saltcliffe.

Harlaw is aroused by this and goes to use the ship’s privy for…er…you know.

Merlyn suddenly notices that a couple of people have made jokes about whether he would magically be able to prevent a stake killing him and starts weeping “you guys shouldn’t vote for me knowing that I’m going through a lot of issues right now. I can’t even look at Volmark without remembering that giant sea-penis that destroyed the last ship I was on, killing all my friends and forcing me into this vile life of piracy. To be killed as well would just be the last straw”

There is another bout of nervous finger pointing until Wynch turns up and says “hi everyone must dash I’m on crow’s nest duty you see but I just want to say that I think Merlyn is an evil killing killer who kills so we should lynch him. Oh no wait I don’t. Oh yes I do. Ok bye!”

The rest of the crew confer about this and after a little discussion decide that Wynch is decidedly fishy. Luckily Wynch is only partly up the rigging, so can still confer with them, “I got confused” he explains, “Merlyn didn’t take Stonetree’s advice and use facial expression, so, anyway I think Orkwood did it. Or is evil. Or something.”

By this time, Stonetree has sobered up somewhat. Unfortunately, the darkly handsome Farwynd had picked up where Stonetree had left off and was now singing sea shanties. Drumm made a half-hearted attempt to sober him up by telling him that it was a mere ten hours before sundown, but Farwynd is still woozy, and unable to contribute much to the discussion.

Meryn, Saltcliffe and Botley decide to engage in some high-flown speechifying to get to the bottom of this riddle. Unfortunately no agreement is reached, an arrangement which is not helped by Botley’s wild rhetorical flailing about in search of an opinion.

While most of the pirate crew are attempting to find out who is killing them, Botley and Saltcliffe embark on a little academic discussion of sematics, as a result of which Botley sulks and mysteriously, Saltcliffe takes up smoking, an activity which is rather impressive given that there are no cigarettes on board, and Saltcliffe is in fact smoking his own wooden leg.

An expectant hush fell over the babbling pirates as Harlaw returned. He said “…”. Well in truth he said rather more than that, but Volmark seemed to be the only one to understand it.

“You know, there’s probably a pair of friends and a lone wolf in amongst us” mused Stonetree, “one of the friends should identify themselves. Then we’d win. In fact, everyone should just do exactly what I say in order for us pirates to get out of this thing largely unstaked. And, by the way, is there some more rum around here? I seem to have used up this barrel.”

By this point conversation has ground to a halt and everyone is a bit bemused.

“So let’s just do this stake thing to Wynch, ok?” says Goodbrother while Botley casts about for something which rhymes with Wynch and is appropriate for killing someone. Eventually he settles on ‘apply homicide to’, which just goes to show, there’s no accounting for taste.

Saltcliffe then grabs Wynch down from the crow’s nest, and drives the stake through his heart. Well on his first few attempts he drove it through his face, lungs liver and wooden leg, but Salty’s eyes are going, so cut him some slack, ok?

Blackfyre stumps up from his cabin. “I see you killed someone then. Oh dear, you’ve made rather a mess of it haven’t you? There’s no way you’ll be able to discover their alt true identity like this. Still it seems they don’t have fangs or special ninja equipment, so poor Wynch must have been innocent”

Blackfyre glares at the assembled crew who all look rather sheepish now they have found out they killed one of their own. As Blackfyre departs back to his cabin for a more restful night than the pirates are going to receive, his last admonishing gaze turns on Botley. It seems to say ‘don’t tell me how to do my job, boy, or else!’

It is day 1.

13 players remain: Botley, Drumm, Farwynd, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Kenning, Merlyn, Myre, Orkwood, Saltcliffe, Stonetree, Volmark, Wynch.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

7 votes for Wynch ( Drumm, Orkwood, Kenning, Botley, Goodbrother, Volmark, Saltcliffe)
2 votes for Orkwood ( Myre, Wynch)
1 vote for Goodbrother ( Merlyn)
1 vote for Harlaw ( Stonetree)
1 vote for Stonetree ( Harlaw)

1 players have not voted: Farwynd.

Wynch was lynched

[b]Wynch was a member of team Pirate.

It is now night. Please send in your PM's.[/b]

Also, apologies for the scene. But it's my first attempt, so I need to practice.

HT

[quote name='House Botley' post='1517846' date='Sep 14 2008, 17.14']Mmmm food. All I've eaten today is chips and salsa, applesauce, and raspberries.

(Now I'm just killing time until the mods get here.)[/quote]

Just finished dinner...steak and baked potatoes, both done on the grill, green beans and corn on the cob.

Sneaky mods... editing the death scene into a previous post.

Here's my favorite part:
[quote]...As Blackfyre departs back to his cabin for a more restful night than the pirates are going to receive, his last admonishing gaze turns on Botley. It seems to say ‘don’t tell me how to do my job, boy, or else!’[/quote]

I giggled!

[quote name='House Blackfyre' post='1517868' date='Sep 15 2008, 01.31'][b]Wynch was a member of team Pirate.[/b][/quote]
Hm. Will think on this tomorrow.

It does seem to imply good things about Stonetree and Merlyn (was it Merlyn?) though. Vote's still on Farwynd tomorrow irregardless.

[quote name='House Blackfyre' post='1517868' date='Sep 14 2008, 18.31']Blackfyre stumps up from his cabin. “I see you killed someone then. Oh dear, you’ve made rather a mess of it haven’t you? There’s no way you’ll be able to discover their alt true identity like this. Still it seems they don’t have fangs or special ninja equipment, so poor Wynch must have been innocent”

Also, apologies for the scene. But it's my first attempt, so I need to practice.

HT[/quote]
1. Couldn't we just undress everybody/make them open their mouths?

2. It was pretty good, it was really long though.

Archived