Mafia 57: The stowaways

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Myre' post='1518081' date='Sep 15 2008, 07.31']Sorry for being out all day. Didn't expect to be back online so late. Anyway, a few random thoughts.

I also don't like this post -

Or this -

I also really can't stand this post, which comes about 20 minutes after Drumm calls out Goodbrother for not posting -

Seems as if Goodbrother is just repeating things said by other people. Strikes me as a forced post, coming from somebody who is reacting to being called out as a lurker.

And this post makes me wonder if Merlyn is protecting Orkwood -

So yeah, I don't like Botley or Goodbrother. I'm still suspicious of Orkwood, and I wonder if he's connected to Merlyn.

I like Stonetree and Kenning. Drumm is okay too.[/quote]

Long time no see Myre!
Let see how YOU have played the game so far, last activity 12 hours ago.
You voted for Orkwood then disappoeared without a notice.
Lets take a look at your last post:

[quote name='House Myre' post='1517404' date='Sep 14 2008, 19.18']What makes you think Wynch even realized it would be suspicious?

His reasons are already stated in his posts. I could already tell you his answer right now, I'm sure anybody could. Why so afraid to commit?

You sound strangely sensitive and nervous [b]Orkwood[/b].[/quote]
For me it seems that you didnt really care who would be lynched, and thats why you were nowhere to be found for 12 hours, during this period there was a lot of activity ( more than 120 posts) lots of votes got changed but yours remained the same and your reason to suspect him is poorly justified.

After a lynch takes place you come back and start pointing fingers at Botley, me, Orkwood and Merlyn.

You say I posted 20mins after Drumm called for me, well yea I was reading the posts thoroughly and
analyzing them so I could post based on some logic not like your posts that are just mere speculations
made probably in a hurry just to post something.

You are still suspicious if Orkwood because of his post in the beginning of the game! This shows again
you dont care/want to put any effort in your reasoning and posts.

As for your list of people who you like, I dont know how did you come to that conclusion because you didnt
provide us with enough reasoning and logic AGAIN.

Thats why I believe you are a FM!

Blah. Things got badly delayed (3 hours, can you believe? Well, you prolly can considering this is about 3 hours after I said I'd be back...), and I'm utterly beat. I'm sad to see that Wynch wasn't guilty, but I'm extremely unwilling to make any more comments until the morning, largely as a result of severe tiredess and frustration.

More tomorro...

The "Maiden's bounty" sails through calm seas, and night seems strangely silent and uneventful. When you wake you expect to find some gruesome scene of death, but all seems to be perfectly normal. You finally notice House Merlyn is missing. You search the ship high and low trying to find a corpse, or even some sort of clue, but it's all for naught. Maybe he was murdered and disposed of or maybe he just tossed himself into the waves, but it's quite clear he's no longer aboard the Maiden.

"Well, poor Winchy was no vampire and no ninja, so you obviously still have your hands full!" says Captain Blackfyre, "so start looking for someone to test today, and try to do it better this time".

[b]House Merlyn is dead[/b]

It is day 2.

11 players remain: Botley, Drumm, Farwynd, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Kenning, Myre, Orkwood, Saltcliffe, Stonetree, Volmark.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

11 players have not voted: Botley, Drumm, Farwynd, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Kenning, Myre, Orkwood, Saltcliffe, Stonetree, Volmark.

No tomorrow for Merlin. :(

Now, my reread of Drumm:
Starts with joking vote on Saltcliffe.
Votes Stonetree for bad vibes (also joking?).
First vote on Wynch.
Says nothing happened during my absence, but still interested about my thoughts.
Disagrees with Bothey about Saltcliffe's post.
Critisizes Botley's case on Saltcliffe.
Puts pressure on Goodbrother.
Critisizes Stonetree's plan.
Twice says he doesn't care about Wynch's last words.
Twice promices to vote Farwynd tomorrow.

Summary: Drumm is rather active person, second high poster, who is contributing and has opinions, but there is a question. Why he was so eager to inform us what he planned to do on next day? Note, he planned to go after me, lowest poster who never said a single game-related word through all day. Yeah, he had perfect right to put me on pressure (and if not him, everybody else might to question me as well), but why to talk about this beforehand? Does it mean he wanted to show killers that he was not dangerous and didn't worth to be chosen as night kill? I wonder.

Unlike Goodbrother, I am convinced that Myre is not an FM. His few posts so far have been reasonable and helpful, although his case against Orkwood has not been that strong.

I still have a good feeling about Volmark (yes, it's still strictly based on his first post), and I want to point out that I was right about Wynch's innocence.

I still don't like Kenning. Drumm has improved his position a bit. Botley is someone who is still worrying me, he's on stage but has avoided the spotlight so far.

Now it's time for breakfast.

* searches for rum *

I forgot to add that I like Farwynd's posts so far.

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1518203' date='Sep 15 2008, 10.45']Summary: Drumm is rather active person, second high poster, who is contributing and has opinions, but there is a question. Why he was so eager to inform us what he planned to do on next day? Note, he planned to go after me, lowest poster who never said a single game-related word through all day. Yeah, he had perfect right to put me on pressure (and if not him, everybody else might to question me as well), but why to talk about this beforehand? Does it mean he wanted to show killers that he was not dangerous and didn't worth to be chosen as night kill? I wonder.[/quote]

Your last assumption might be true, which means he was either the innocent LW or a member of a killing team.

We should try to find out why he was killed. For me he looks like an odd choice. I have to reread his posts again to see if there is a hidden clue.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1518197' date='Sep 15 2008, 04.30']Only one kill means that either both teams killed Merlyn (in which case he is innocent) or that someone has been healed. Or one of the teams decided to save a kill for day 3 or 4.[/quote]As rules say, a lonw wolf should rest for a full night before his action, not after. Since we had no night before last one, heal is out of question, I suppose. Both other possibilities are viable.
[quote]We should try to find out why he was killed. For me he looks like an odd choice. I have to reread his posts again to see if there is a hidden clue.[/quote]Just read the last one. In fact, it was good enough reason to kill him. He had something to say but preferred to wait until morning. Never do this, people!

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1517509' date='Sep 14 2008, 18.58']Firstly, I hate this sort of "Well, I didn't read the thread and I don't have anything to say, and I refuse to interact with anybody, because it's bed time" posts. Seriously, not much has been said so far, say something, do something. Every post you make helps us find the evils, as long as you actually [i]say something in it[/i].
I have to say, there are some people who seem to just be trying to slide by, without saying or doing anything. (Yes, I know this is always the case...) It doesn't help the innocents, so by default it puts you on my suspect list.

Um, could you keep the language civil, please. There's nothing to be gained from spouting off obscenities, at least in a game like this.

Now then, looking at what's happened so far:

High end suspects: [b]Wynch [/b]
While I can understand Stonetree's reasoning, I have to agree that Wynch looks the most suspiscious so far. He wanted to have a vote going while he was gone (this is what I think), so he chose someone he thought to be a "safe" target, nased purely on joke material. Then, he looks again (having not paid much attention at all the first time, clearly) and sees my post, which causes him to think he's actually ended up in a rather unsafe position to leave his vote, so off it goes in a kneejerk reaction, not realising that I was being completely sarcastic. Then, he checks again, and realises that I was not, in fact, anywhere near being lynched, and decides to cut his losses and put the vote back. Is it a great case? No, they never are at this point in the game. But it does put him at the top of my suspect list.

Lower tier: Harlaw, Satltcliff, Goodbrother
For being low-posting, radar-dodging, contributionless... Well, you get my point. These people seem to be trying to dodge out of the spotlight while still being "around", which makes me much more suspiscious of them.

The rest really don't matter much at this point, as far as I'm concerned. I think Stonetree sounds good so far, but I have no concrete feelings on the rest.[/quote]

Here we have a post by Merlyn where he ranks his suspects:

Harlaw, Saltcliff and Goodbrother

This might have been a motive to kill him or not. We should remember it anyway.

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1518213' date='Sep 15 2008, 04.00']As rules say, a lonw wolf should rest for a full night before his action, not after. Since we had no night before last one, heal is out of question, I suppose. Both other possibilities are viable.
Just read the last one. In fact, it was good enough reason to kill him. He had something to say but preferred to wait until morning. Never do this, people![/quote]

[quote]Lone Wolf:
A player with this role may perform any of these actions during the night:
- Heal: target a player to prevent him from dying at night. You may target yourself.
- Guard: guard a player to prevent him from taking any action at night. If an action is performed by a team every member of that team must be guarded in order to block the action.
- Investigate: target a player to find out if he’s roled or not. Any role other than roleless innocent will come up as roled.
- Kill: target a player to kill him during the night and find out which team he’s aligned with.

[u][i]A lone wolf that performs any action during the night must rest the following night and perform no action.[/i][/u] A lone wolf that performs a kill action may take no further night actions during the game. A lone wolf aligned with the Vampire or Ninja Team will recover the power to perform night actions if he’s the last member standing of his team. If he performs a kill action when no other of his team members are alive he will die the following day unless he’s the last player standing in the game. A lone wolf aligned with the Pirate Team who is the last member standing of his team will become a soldier, which enables him to automatically win the game for his team if during any day phase there’s only one other player alive other than himself. A lone wolf aligned with the Vampire or Ninja Team will know who the other members of the Team are. There will be a maximum of one lone wolf player per team.[/quote]Clearly a heal is a possibility.

Farwynd, are you just making this up as you go along? Or do you have an actual plan?

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1518207' date='Sep 15 2008, 03.52']Your last assumption might be true, which means he was either the innocent LW or a member of a killing team.

We should try to find out why he was killed. For me he looks like an odd choice. I have to reread his posts again to see if there is a hidden clue.[/quote]
Are you talking about Merlyn? Farwynd's quote in your post was about Drumm.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1518269' date='Sep 15 2008, 06.49']Here we have a post by Merlyn where he ranks his suspects:

Harlaw, Saltcliff and Goodbrother

This might have been a motive to kill him or not. We should remember it anyway.[/quote]
He also mentioned that he trusted you, and earlier he defended Orkwood. This is also important to keep in mind.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1518205' date='Sep 15 2008, 03.47']Unlike Goodbrother, I am [size=4]convinced[/size] that Myre is not an FM.[/quote]
Uhm?
[quote]and I want to point out that I was right about Wynch's innocence.[/quote]
Oh, well that's great! You have this game completely solved! Please tell me who to vote so we can get over with it.

Farwynd's comment on Merlyn's posts and reasons someone could have had to kill Merlyn:
[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1518213' date='Sep 15 2008, 04.00']Just read the last one. [size=4]In fact, it was good enough reason to kill him. [/size]He had something to say but preferred to wait until morning. Never do this, people![/quote]
Farwynd, do you really get that impression from this?
[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1518147' date='Sep 14 2008, 23.57']Blah. Things got badly delayed (3 hours, can you believe? Well, you prolly can considering this is about 3 hours after I said I'd be back...), and I'm utterly beat. I'm sad to see that Wynch wasn't guilty, but I'm extremely unwilling to [size=4]make any more comments until the morning[/size], largely as a result of severe tiredess and frustration.

More tomorro...[/quote]
Do you know something we don't know? :mellow:

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1518315' date='Sep 15 2008, 08.08']I'm here and just catching up. I am confused by the Merlyn kill as well. I wish he had more time to post what it was he wanted to say.[/quote]
You too? Why does everyone seem to assume that Merlyn was killed for the promise of a comment in the morning? :stunned:

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1518317' date='Sep 15 2008, 08.12']You too? Why does everyone seem to assume that Merlyn was killed for the promise of a comment in the morning? :stunned:[/quote]

That is not why I think he was killed. It would have been nice to have known his thoughts, is all.

I am actually confused as to why he would have been a target. I am rereading to see what I missed.

All Stonetree posts since page 4 (on 40 posts per page):

-speculation about innocent roles

-In rebuttal to Saltcliffe's thing about lists, says [quote]This theory would be fine in a vanilla game, but since we have two FM teams out there, it doesn't fit with the challenge that the FM have to master in a three-faction-game. Hence Saltcliff's theory is wrong from A to Z. Self-committement on day 1 is rarely found amongst FM when they have to fear a shot by the other team.[/quote]

-posts correct link from earlier

-Some probability stuff that I don't think is correct, or it uses false premises. Will explain later if anyone cares enough.

-tells LW to heal himself or investigate someone

-tells LW to heal friend if friend reveals

-[quote]Stereotypical FM response when it comes to reducing the suspect pool.

Harlaw[/quote]
-(in response to something else)[quote]Stereotypical FM response when it comes to reducing the suspect pool.[/quote]
He says these things about people who told him that role speculation was a bad idea. He doesn't like that for some reason. This makes me suspicious.

-Says he is going to keep telling the LW what to do

-goes to bed

(no posts for a page and a half)

-speculates about the ways Merlyn could have been killed, and why there was only one kill

-thinks Myre is reasonable, and thinks Volmark is innocent based on his first post

-thinks Farwynd is innocent, and wants to speculate about why Merlyn was killed

-mentions that we should remember Merlyn's suspects

So in the last half of the game, he has done nothing but speculate. [b]Stonetree[/b] is either directly or indirectly helping the FM.

Archived