Mafia 57: The stowaways

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1518696' date='Sep 15 2008, 13.04']A lot of things changed since yesterday. We had a reveal plan. Merlyn was my partner, and he was to reveal, but was not able to get back before the end of the day, and then ended up dead.
He was the one who coded his post with the word "friend" so I could later refer back to it.

Who was attacking Merlyn yesterday? Wynch. Who did I go after? Wynch. Who defended me? Merlyn.

I wasn't really confused by the kill. Someone even said in the thread there was a connection between us.

So there you have it. One friend dead, the over friend outed by the LW. go innocents.[/quote]
:lol:

[b]Orkwood[/b] it is.

Claiming your friend is the only dead person? Come on, that's lame. You would have both had codes...I think we even had the name for that move ages ago, but I can't remember it now...

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1518700' date='Sep 15 2008, 13.08']:lol:

[b]Orkwood[/b] it is.

Claiming your friend is the only dead person? Come on, that's lame. You would have both had codes...I think we even had the name for that move ages ago, but I can't remember it now...[/quote]

Wow...don't even wait for the codes. I know who to vote for now

[b]Kenning[/b]

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1518704' date='Sep 15 2008, 13.10']Wow...don't even wait for the codes. I know who to vote for now

[b]Kenning[/b][/quote]
You claim Merlyn had codes, and you didn't? That's pretty much impossible, but for the sake of your argument, show us his code. Straight away, please. If you don't post it within 3 minutes, you're definitely lying.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1518696' date='Sep 15 2008, 13.04']A lot of things changed since yesterday. We had a reveal plan. Merlyn was my partner, and he was to reveal, but was not able to get back before the end of the day, and then ended up dead.
He was the one who coded his post with the word "friend" so I could later refer back to it.

Who was attacking Merlyn yesterday? Wynch. Who did I go after? Wynch. Who defended me? Merlyn.

I wasn't really confused by the kill. Someone even said in the thread there was a connection between us.

So there you have it. One friend dead, the over friend outed by the LW. go innocents.[/quote]
Link to the friend post?

Why didn't Merlyn reveal during the night when there was time? When did you guys talk about this plan of revealing when Stonetree's plan was posted while Merlyn was away?

If we consider all the possibilities about Stonetree's true identity at last it will be
the matter of him being on innocent side or the evil side.

Now that he revealed his role and asked the friends to reveal two possibilities show up:

1- Friends reveal themselves, what will happen? Either FM kills Stonetree first as he cant heal himself due to
the out of energy condition, or he kills a friend ( both of them if there are more than one FM) again because
Stonetree cant do anything

2- Stonetree is not what he claims to be, this way Friends will be sacrificed and killed for nothing.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1518696' date='Sep 15 2008, 19.04']A lot of things changed since yesterday. We had a reveal plan. Merlyn was my partner, and he was to reveal, but was not able to get back before the end of the day, and then ended up dead.

Damn I wish I had posted earlier, now that was a bad idea to reveal!

But still Im not convinced by your post claiming to be a Friend.

That's quite possibly the worst defense I've ever seen.

[quote name='Orkwood']Wow...don't even wait for the codes. I know who to vote for now[/quote]

Okay, so where's the code? If Merlyn coded 'friend', and you can show where, things would certainly look better for you. So lets see it.

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1517509' date='Sep 14 2008, 11.58'][b]F[/b]irstly, I hate this sort of "Well, I didn't [b]r[/b]ead the thread and I don't have anything to say, and [b]I[/b] refuse to interact with anybody, because it's bed time" posts. Seriously, not much has been said so far, say something, do something. Every post you make helps us find the evils, as long as you actually [i]say something in it[/i].
I have to say, there are some people who seem to just be trying to slide by, without saying or doing anything. (Yes, I know this is always the case...) It doesn't help the innocents, so by default it puts you on my suspect list.

Um, could you keep the language civil, please. There's [b]n[/b]othing to be gained from spouting off obscenities, at least in a game like this.

Now then, looking at what's happened so far:

High end suspects: [b]Wynch [/b]
While I can understand Stonetree's reasoning, I have to agree that Wynch looks the most suspiscious so far. He wanted to have a vote going while he was gone (this is what I think), so he chose someone he thought to be a "safe" target, nased purely on joke material. Then, he looks again (having not paid much attention at all the first time, clearly) and sees my post, which causes him to think he's actually ended up in a rather unsafe position to leave his vote, so off it goes in a kneejerk reaction, not realising that I was being completely sarcastic. Then, he checks again, and realises that I was not, in fact, anywhere near being lynched, and decides to cut his losses and put the vote back. Is it a great case? No, they never are at this point in the game. But it does put him at the top of my suspect list.

Lower tier: Harlaw, Satltcliff, Goodbrother
For being low-posting, radar-[b]d[/b]odging, contributionless... Well, you get my point. These people seem to be trying to dodge out of the spotlight while still being "around", which makes me much more suspiscious of them.

The rest really don't matter much at this point, as far as I'm concerned. I think Stonetree sounds good so far, but I have no concrete feelings on the rest.[/quote]

this is complicated...fist letter of first word, first letter of 10th word, 1+10=11; fist letter of 22nd word (1+10+11)

First letter of the 10th word in th next paragraph

First letter of the 11th word in the last paragrah

[quote name='House Goodbrother' post='1518718' date='Sep 15 2008, 13.20']If we consider all the possibilities about Stonetree's true identity at last it will be

Now that he revealed his role and asked the friends to reveal two possibilities show up:

1- Friends reveal themselves, what will happen? Either FM kills Stonetree first as he cant heal himself due to
the out of energy condition, or he kills a friend ( both of them if there are more than one FM) again because

2- Stonetree is not what he claims to be, this way Friends will be sacrificed and killed for nothing.[/quote]
Friends must not reveal right now. We should lynch Orkwood who is almost definitely an FM. Tonight's two kills shall be wasted on Stonetree. Friends should wait with their reveal until tommorow. There is nothing to gain right now-they can't count on any protection.

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1518709' date='Sep 15 2008, 13.14']You claim Merlyn had codes, and you didn't? That's pretty much impossible, but for the sake of your argument, show us his code. Straight away, please. If you don't post it within 3 minutes, you're definitely lying.[/quote]

3 minutes...thanks. sorry there was no way I could make that dead line. I wasn't planning on revealing. I think it fucks us over.

[quote name='House Volmark' post='1518712' date='Sep 15 2008, 13.16']Link to the friend post?

Why didn't Merlyn reveal during the night when there was time? When did you guys talk about this plan of revealing when Stonetree's plan was posted while Merlyn was away?[/quote]

We had talked about it earlier in the day. If there was a reveal, he would do it, and I would be able to point to him. I did not get to talk to him when he came back. He posted once and left. We did not have a second plan yet.

It made sense to us since I was the more active, that he would reveal first. (saving the more active person from the night kill)

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1518730' date='Sep 15 2008, 13.26']this is complicated...fist letter of first word, first letter of 10th word, 1+10=11; fist letter of 22nd word (1+10+11)

First letter of the 11th word in the last paragrah[/quote]
Yeah, right. A letter is missing....

And regardless of it, the 'code' is awfully complicated. You claim that your partner made THAT, and you...didn't make a code?

Dunno for the rest of you guys, but I'm off to search for Orkwood's partners.

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1518732' date='Sep 15 2008, 19.27']Friends must not reveal right now. We should lynch Orkwood who is almost definitely an FM. Tonight's two kills shall be wasted on Stonetree. Friends should wait with their reveal until tommorow. There is nothing to gain right now-they can't count on any protection.[/quote]
Orkwood didnt convinced me at all, as I mentioned earlier, But if he is friend really, revealing was
a very bad move again as I mentioned in my above post.

[quote name='House Goodbrother' post='1518718' date='Sep 15 2008, 13.20']If we consider all the possibilities about Stonetree's true identity at last it will be

2- Stonetree is not what he claims to be, this way Friends will be sacrificed and killed for nothing.[/quote]

I actually believe Stone tree. I trusted him yesterday as well. I just didn't agree with this plan today

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1518730' date='Sep 15 2008, 13.26']this is complicated...fist letter of first word, first letter of 10th word, 1+10=11; fist letter of 22nd word (1+10+11)

First letter of the 11th word in the last paragrah[/quote]

The third letter ('i'), which is supposed to be the "first letter of the 22nd word (1+10+11)" is actually the first letter of the 21st word. Any explanation for that?

Also....your explanation spells "frind" not "friend". What happened to the 'e'?

Its a pretty damn complicated code, and it does have me wondering if you actually were in contact with Merlyn. Can't deny that. But there are problems with it, and you need to address them.

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1518747' date='Sep 15 2008, 13.32']Yeah, right. A letter is missing....

And regardless of it, the 'code' is awfully complicated. You claim that your partner made THAT, and you...didn't make a code?

Dunno for the rest of you guys, but I'm off to search for Orkwood's partners.[/quote]

Crap...what did I miss. I am at work and rushing this.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1518734' date='Sep 15 2008, 13.27']3 minutes...thanks. sorry there was no way I could make that dead line. I wasn't planning on revealing. I think it fucks us over.[/quote]
20 minutes had passed between you showing up and you posting the code. A simple copy/paste from your friend forum would take no more than 5.

[quote name='House Myre' post='1518755' date='Sep 15 2008, 13.33']The third letter ('i'), which is supposed to be the "first letter of the 22nd word (1+10+11)" is actually the first letter of the 21st word. Any explanation for that?

Also....your explanation spells "frind" not "friend". What happened to the 'e'?

[size=4]Its a pretty damn complicated code, and it does have me wondering if you actually were in contact with Merlyn. Can't deny that. [/size] But there are problems with it, and you need to address them.[/quote]
Oh, c'mon. :o It's blatantly obvious that it's made up. 1...10...22...and then the next paragraph...and then the next....if he went through all that clusterfuck, why didn't he coded Orkwood's name somewhere? And why didn't Orkwood code a thing?

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1518761' date='Sep 15 2008, 13.39']Oh, c'mon. :o It's blatantly obvious that it's made up. 1...10...22...and then the next paragraph...and then the next....if he went through all that clusterfuck, why didn't he coded Orkwood's name somewhere? And why didn't Orkwood code a thing?[/quote]

I won't be arguing this for Orkwood. Let him post his own explanations.

All I'll say is that I'm not yet ready to entirely rule out the possibility that he was friends with Merlyn.

Archived