Cliffhanger scene of the Pilot

The Anti-Targ

[quote name='Tyro Lannister' post='1591284' date='Nov 17 2008, 20.51']Question to those who might know, are pilots known to be typically single episodes? Or should we all be praying to whatever gods we believe in for a double episode? Given that it's a pilot, will there even be a strict time limit?[/quote]

Usually feature length season openers are the preserve of highly anticipated first seasons, or more often 2nd and 3rd season openers following a wildly successful first season.

"The things I do for love" it is. It was a fairly obvious choice, but that doesn't mean it was a bad one. It really yells "this show means business" while giving you a gripping cliffhanger too. It bodes well for faithfulness that they are starting with the prologue and are keeping the first line intact unchanged.

Hi. First post!

No doubt Bran falling down would be a great cliffhanger, but I always thought the scene where Jon walks out from the great hall at the feast and finds Tyrion sitting on top of the ledge warning him of cruelty of the world or family (if I remember correctly). The end quote could be something in the veins of "the game of thrones" or something in the regard as he walks back in, and the camera would move away from Jon into a wide shot of Winterfell.

[quote name='gippu' post='1608615' date='Dec 4 2008, 09.30']Hi. First post!

No doubt Bran falling down would be a great cliffhanger, but I always thought the scene where Jon walks out from the great hall at the feast and finds Tyrion sitting on top of the ledge warning him of cruelty of the world or family (if I remember correctly). The end quote could be something in the veins of "the game of thrones" or something in the regard as he walks back in, and the camera would move away from Jon into a wide shot of Winterfell.[/quote]
He tells Jon about how he's the outcast - not treated as family by Lady Stark, not inheriting anything, etc. He ponders why Jon's father sent him off to the wall, since the wall is "a midden heap for all the misfits of the realm".

[quote name='Ninepenny' post='1608855' date='Dec 4 2008, 09.42']He tells Jon about how he's the outcast - not treated as family by Lady Stark, not inheriting anything, etc. He ponders why Jon's father sent him off to the wall, since the wall is "a midden heap for all the misfits of the realm".[/quote]

Oh yeah. I have such an clear image of Tyrion sitting posed between a set of Gargoyles statues as he addresses Jon of the dire outcome, doesn't he also mentioned that outcasts needs to rely on their wits in this world ? Powerful scene between Jon and Tyrion, I remember this was where I fist noticed the kind of grim realism and characterizations that set Ice and Fire above other fantasy novels. I hope they include this scene ^^

Archived