Other Series

I usually only read a little bit of fantasy, but after starting ASoIaF I got a lot more into it and started reading more of it. If this does end up getting made(fingers crossed) I would think it could really open up a bigger genre in TV and movies. Most of the books and series I've read seem too complicated for a movie and some seem too much. I'm in the middle of the First Law trilogy and I think that could actually be turned into a pretty good movie(or movies). I'm not sure what else, but I'm sure some people would have ideas on what would make a good movie/tv series or what might actually already be in the works.

I'm finishing off the first law trilogyright now and agree it would make a great set of films. I think film more than tv due to all the big battles and the fact it isn't too complex. The main problem would be the first book which is a little bit shaky and would make for a dull film on the whole. If they could combine the first and second book into one film and the final into the second it would be great. You are in for a treat though as the third book is as much an improvement over the second as the second is over the first.

The Gentleman Bastard sequence would probably tranlste into either film or tv. The first book "the lies of Locke Lamorra" is stand alone - although leaves plenty more to be explored.

"The steel remains" would probably make a cool film too - although it's the first part of a triilogy and suffers a bit form set up in terms of making a good film on it's own.

I've only read the first Dark Tower but I guess that would make a great series too.

I could see R Scott Bakker's Prince of Nothing sequence as an extremely dark, violent anime series. Khellus the manipulative devil/savior, Cnauir the most violent of all men. The Nasur empire (and Emperor). The religions/cults and their figureheads. The women from different classes finding some way to exist in this world. The scorcerous schools singing provane songs to bend reality and melting stuff (The Mandate with their apocalyptic nightmares, Chisarum with their blind eyes and snakes). The Dunyian monks. The NonMen. The Consult and their skin-spies. Would be awesome. After ASOAIF on HBO, this is next on my fanboy wishlist!

(apologies if I butchered the spellings anywhere above)

Gentleman Bastard's is a great concept--fantasy/heist caper... I could see that as a movie, or series loosely based on the book and characters.

Archived