Characters potentially in the pilot

Ser Doresain

Well, since David and Dan have given us bookend moments for the pilot (yay!), and mentioned that they are looking to cast just that section right now, I thought a listing of all the characters that make appearances in the pilot might be helpful. Some of these characters will be cut, of course. Doing this from memory, in very roughly order of appearance. Help me out? I know I'll miss a bunch.

Wil
Gared
Waymar Royce
Others
Bran
Jon
Robb
Theon
Eddard
Jory
Hullen
Harwin
Catelyn
Maester Lewin
Arya
Sansa
Rickon
Septa Mordane
Ser Rodrick
King Robert
Cersei
Jaime
Joffrey
Myrcella
Tommen
The Hound
Tyrion
Meryn Trant? (Which two Kingsguard were at Winterfell?)
Boros Blount?
Lyanna?
Rhaegar?
Benjen
Jayne Poole

I'm sure I missed some there. Who else?

You have it right, Boros and Meryn were the two Kingsguard at Winterfell.

The list looks pretty comprehensive to me. The only question is whether or not there are any Dany scenes in the pilot. If so, that list will have to expand.

[quote name='Halfhand' post='1607680' date='Dec 3 2008, 09.33']The list looks pretty comprehensive to me. The only question is whether or not there are any Dany scenes in the pilot. If so, that list will have to expand.[/quote]

Ah, good point! How could I forget Dany?

Dany
Viserys
Illyrio
Ser Jorah
Khal Drogo

Does the wedding scene happen in this block? I can't remember where it falls.

Look at this amazing post by Smouldering Hound.
[url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=32637"]http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=32637[/url]

at the end of post #2, there's a breakdown of necessary characters with description and special abilities/requirements.

Also, we may as well whittle the list down a bit to account for only roles that could reasonably be cast. For example, Wil has all of four lines, then promptly dies. There's no way anyone but a local actor will end up with the role so there's no point in putting him on the list.

[quote name='Dornish' post='1612194' date='Dec 7 2008, 21.45']Also, we may as well whittle the list down a bit to account for only roles that could reasonably be cast. For example, Wil has all of four lines, then promptly dies. There's no way anyone but a local actor will end up with the role so there's no point in putting him on the list.[/quote]

Err, small quibble here, he's actually got 14 lines. :) Even so, I agree that he's best cast locally.

Dany 1 doesn't have the wedding, but it does have Illyrio bringing the targs to a party of bigwigs and having him point out Jorah, Drogo, and some extras (a tyroshi lord, Khal moro, etc.) to Visceris. It also has some massive flashback scenes with Rhegar, Elia, and Willam Darry. Dany doesn't have very many lines in her first appearance, actually, just page time.

Rhegar
Elia
Ser Willam Darry

Can all be easily locally cast. The only additional Casting necessary then, would be the Mountain, 'cause, like, someone has to toss the baby...and it might as well be the right guy.

Ser Gregor Clegane

Archived