Chapters Not Necessarily in the Same Order

SergioCQH

[quote name='SergioCQH' post='1612712' date='Dec 8 2008, 10.46']It's almost certain that some chapters will be merged together or moved around. I would shove Dany II into the pilot to round out her story there.[/quote]

I think that Dany's first and second chapters can be merged fairly easily. Not much happens in her first chapter. You might be able to do away with it altogether. Whether they decide to include them in the pilot episode though, is another issue. I think I would rather they just stick to the Winterfell storyline and open the second episode with Dany.

I suspect Dany will not be in the pilot, but we'll see. There's not enough time to introduce her and then cover her second chapter plus everything that happens in the first several chapters in one hour.

Dany 1 has SIX major flashbacks in it. Ruby ford, elia's baby getting snatched and tossed, Young Jaime gaining his nickname, escape from dragonstone, the house with the red door and the lemon tree, and the abandoned Targs wandering the Free cities going from merchant to merchant, becoming the Beggar King and his sister. And that doesn't include putting in the tower of joy sequence from eddard 10, which is the perfect segue to introduce Dany from the Ned centric perspective (Ned's "come to the dark side" speech to the kings guard there).

A flashback fest like that really deserves to be at the beginning of a second episode.

On the other hand, Please join the discussion in [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=32553&st=0"]THIS THREAD.[/url] :)

Archived