Limited Edition of A FEAST FOR CROWS Shipping

SubPress

Hi.

Just a very quick note to let everyone know that we should start sending out copies of the Limited and Lettered Editions of [i]A Feast for Crows [/i]by the end of next week, provided our shippers keep the pace in our current shipping marathon. I'll try to drop by here once shipping starts and update everyone.

Also, I won't know until the shipping is done, but we may have a [i]few[/i] of the two-volume limited edition sets available. If so, news will likely go out via our email newsletter. You can sign up on the main page of our website.

Best,

Bill
[url="http://www.subterraneanpress.com"]Subterranean Press[/url]

Terrific. Thanks for the update, Bill. :)

As I recall, there was going to be an booklet of art for preorders, and a drawing as well for an original piece of the Canty art IIRC. When will the result of that be published?

[quote name='Ran' post='1733077' date='Mar 25 2009, 14.14']Terrific. Thanks for the update, Bill. :)

As I recall, there was going to be an booklet of art for preorders, and a drawing as well for an original piece of the Canty art IIRC. When will the result of that be published?[/quote]

Those who preordered by the cutoff date will be receiving the bonus chapbook with their order. We've got 5 books lined up at the printer to ship right now, so we'll likely hold the drawing for the original Canty illos when our shippers are a little closer to caught up.

Best,

Bill
www.subterraneanpress.com

[quote name='Sword of the Morning' post='1733701' date='Mar 26 2009, 01.28']Hi Bill,

I have both a lettered and a numbered on order with you.

Will I be getting both in one shipment or will they be staggered and separate?

Thanks

Dennis[/quote]

I suspect our shippers will be sending the editions separately, but I haven't given them specific instructions on how to handle this, so it will be at their discretion.

Best,

Bill

[quote name='jc1138' post='1736206' date='Mar 27 2009, 16.37']I am very interesting in getting this. Is there any way I can sign up for one of your possible extras? Thanks![/quote]

Sorry, we don't maintain waiting lists. There may be a few extra copies left when all the shipping is done, but we're most likely to offer them through our newsletter, and not put them up on the site.

Best,

Bill

Bill-

Please excuse my ignorance, but I have never ordered a book with an original remarque. How do you identify the remarque on the signature page? What does the normal signature page look like? I have numbered copies of the first three books, so this is my first lettered in the series. I feel like this is probably a stupid question- but I just can't tell.

[quote name='Robert's Last Bastard' post='1740188' date='Mar 31 2009, 14.51']Bill-

Please excuse my ignorance, but I have never ordered a book with an original remarque. How do you identify the remarque on the signature page? What does the normal signature page look like? I have numbered copies of the first three books, so this is my first lettered in the series. I feel like this is probably a stupid question- but I just can't tell.[/quote]

Normally they'd stand out as illustrations sitting on the page. However, Tom did such a job of integrating the illos into the sig pages, that I can't even tell where the sig page stops and the illo starts on my copy of the book.

Best,

Bill

[quote name='homerun' post='1742955' date='Apr 2 2009, 20.58']Just got it today! :cheers:[/quote]

That's it?! An, 'I got it'?

Where are the details? How does the slipcase look? Are you happy? !!!

[quote name='Bird of the Canals' post='1743085' date='Apr 2 2009, 23.07']Did you guys get any shipping confirmations/tracking numbers? I've yet to receive any notice that my order has shipped.[/quote]

SubPress has said that they are done shipping them. SubPress is pretty much central Michigan, so if you live a ways away maybe it will take a bit longer to arrive?

[quote name='Rugburn' post='1743038' date='Apr 2 2009, 19.07']That's it?! An, 'I got it'?

Where are the details? How does the slipcase look? Are you happy? !!![/quote]

The book(s) are beautiful and I'm very happy with the results. The slipcase is an improvement over Storm of Swords with some stamping on em (still wish they had the artwork on em thou like the MM lettered versions of book 1 and 2).

But all in all I like it, and it doesn't hurt that I'm a big Canty fan (The chapbook was a nice surprise!)

So Thank You to Subpress and I look forward to the next book ...........lol..........sob sob.........please george...... :wideeyed:

Yes, all in all I'm quite happy with the end result. The interior illustrations are beautiful, possibly my favorite so far. The covers are very nice. The end pages and signature page on the lettered edition is excellent.

The slipcase is, indeed, a big improvement over the STORM OF SWORDS slipcase, which was a serious oversight as far as I'm concerned. Yeah, it'd be nice if the lettered editions had the art on the slipcase like the MM editions but this slipcase is beautiful for what it is and I'm happy with it. I do like the all edge gilt and bound in bookmarks in the MM editions, but the paper quality and so forth is better in the Sub Press editions.

The only real complaint I have at this point (and theres nothing to be done about this) are the inconsistencies in terms of features and such from one book to the next. Each individual volume is beautiful (particularly, in my opinion, the MM GAME OF THRONES and the Sub Press FEAST FOR CROWS) but the MM volumes bear little resemblence to the Sub Press volumes. That's probably unavoidable with another company taking over mid-series but I can't help but wish we could have taken the best parts of the MM volumes and the best parts of the Sub Press volumes and applied them to all 4 books.

Don't take any of this to mean I'm not thrilled with A FEAST FOR CROWS; it is really a beautiful edition and I'm extremely happy to have an unbroken lettered set. I just wish the books were consistently beautiful in the same ways as opposed to different ways.

Archived