Work on the set ?

I was thinking about this as well (especially interesting since I'm unemployed) but I doubt I have any skills they can use (unless they want an on-set blogger, which seems highly unlikely) and they can probably hire a teaboy more easily locally ;)

I was thinking about this as well (especially interesting since I'm unemployed) but I doubt I have any skills they can use (unless they want an on-set blogger, which seems highly unlikely) and they can probably hire a teaboy more easily locally ;)

As it'll probably be a huge budget, they are probably going to need a lot of extras.... If they move through NI, they'll probably need cooks and cleaners etc...

I'm another who'd jump at an oppurtunity to work on set, being an aspiring screenwriter it'd be a huge asset to see how things work, and to have a show like this filmed on my doorstep without being able to get involved is painful. Sadly, they need people with relevant skills :(

Oh, and Wert, we've established that if a female in the job goes by the term "tea lady", then it's only right that we of the male persuasion should be referred to as "tea lords". ;)

The deal they did with the Northern Ireland officials to shoot there was all about bringing money and jobs to Northern Ireland, specifically. My guess is that if you want to work on the main set you'll need to be from N. Ireland, most likely. They will be shooting elsewhere, especially the Dany parts of the story, so there could be opportunities to work on that part of the shoot.

I might be mistaken about all of that, but my reading of the press releases from the N. Ireland govt. on this stuff is that they want to bring jobs to their community. Unless you full-on emigrate to the U.K. or are from there already, it might be hard to get one of these spots unless you have a very particular skill that can't be found there otherwise. If you are a first class costume maker, model maker, artist, etc., then you can probably get a pass, but if you just want to be a Production Assistant, then it will be harder.

I live literally just down from the road from Peckforton Castle, it's not in Ireland so it's a long shot, but it's recent (180 years-ish) old and in excellent condition. I'm hoping I can get them to do a scene there solely so I can get a shot of being an extra :wideeyed:

http://www.chester360.co.uk/hotels-in-ches...rton-castle.jpg

Archived