Editing articles

Callum

What's the protocol for editing articles? I've never contributed to a wiki before, but would love to help out with this one. I got bored before, so just did a few things like spelling and a few links to practice, but how about editing big chunks of text? Or completely overhauling articles?

I don't want to step on anyone's toes instead of actually helping out.

I would say just do what you can. Don't worry about stepping on anyone's toes, there aren't many of us here!

There are still a lot of red links, so the biggest help might be to just create articles for those links. Click on the red link to start the article. You can pull stuff from Wikipedia if you don't know what to say (just be sure to reference it accordingly) and look at other related articles to get an idea of how to format it.

Of course, if you want to just go through and clean up old articles, that is perfectly fine too. Every little bit helps!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there. I'd like to contribute to the wiki and got a question.

How sensible/important is it to create pages redirecting to characters. What I mean, if you look for, say, "Arry", I created a page auto-redirecting to the article of "Arya Stark". Now I'm thinking... would pages like that ("alias-pages", Lord Snow redirecting to Jon, Old Bear redirecting to Mormont, etc.) be excess baggage or are they nice-to-have? And if the latter, how far to go? Lord Snow redirecting to Jon is pretty obvious, but I'm not that sure for example about getting all of Arya's aliases ... waste of time/space, or go for it?

Hello there. I'd like to contribute to the wiki and got a question.

How sensible/important is it to create pages redirecting to characters. What I mean, if you look for, say, "Arry", I created a page auto-redirecting to the article of "Arya Stark". Now I'm thinking... would pages like that ("alias-pages", Lord Snow redirecting to Jon, Old Bear redirecting to Mormont, etc.) be excess baggage or are they nice-to-have? And if the latter, how far to go? Lord Snow redirecting to Jon is pretty obvious, but I'm not that sure for example about getting all of Arya's aliases ... waste of time/space, or go for it?

I think the chances of someone looking for [[Arry]] are pretty remote. If you're referring to her alias but want to link the name to her character, [[Arya Stark|Arry]] is the better way to go.

Archived