Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn

Prince Who Was Promised

• 3 months later...

Finished MSaT! I must say I really liked the series. I did thought some parts were a bit slower but not as painful as some make them out to be. Overall I thought book 3 (especially part 2) was the strongest book in the entire series. HOWEVER there are a couple of things I did not like AT ALL from the ending, and they are really preventing me to praise the hell out of this books.

1. The "not-death" of Josua and Tiamak. This was really jaw dropping and amazing, and I couldn't believe what was happening when I read that. It was the peak of emotions for me and I couldn't believe how he backed out from it!! Big turn off for me and it really DOES affect my judgment.

2. The fact that the downfall of GAT was told via flashback through Tiamak. I didn't liked this because I felt it undermined Cadrach's sacrifice (which would have been cool to see) and because it made the climax feel rushed.

3. A little bit more development from the Nabbani would have been great at their end, given how prominent they were since book one. Instead there was "oh Nessalanta died" "ooh, ok! Moving on!". Then again, I may be biased on that one.

4. The epilogue..

But really, only 1 and 2 were the ones that bugged the hell out of me, and those happened in the last two or three chapters!! But the climax of the book was amazing! The final battle epic and emotional beyond belief! I really wish that Williams hadn't done any of the above especially 1 and 2.

Archived