Beric...

JWJ78

So we all seem to have a few crazy suggestions for certain character castings, for me the craziest is Beric.

So some reason when I think about Beric the Lightning Lord, I see Nicolas Cage. Skinny and ripped like he was when he was younger, heck even when he did Ghost Rider. Put a whig on him and throw him at it! I guess it's the way I imagine he could look once he starts getting beaten to death over and over. Cage's eyes sunken in and dark with scars all over his body.

Only problem I see with him- not british, and maybe his age.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1189255424/tt0118880- give him a flaming sword already!!!!

I have always imagined someone like Poul Bettany. A lot of the time a little otherworldly, distant and aloof, but can also be jovial and very human for a few moments once in a while when life suddenly return to his eyes, and you see the happy young knight that Sansa saw riding into Kings landing for the Hands turney shine through for just a brief glimmer of time

But Poul Bettany is a little to old. And Simon Woods is essentially a young Poul Bettany. So i support this choice.

Beric Dondarrion is supposed to be about 20 years old, and have ginger hair. So that would be Rupert Grint.

Or Kenneth the Page. :D

I can see Simon Woods, though. At first I thought, Mr. Bingley? Then I checked his IMDB page. Yeah, he can do scruffy. I also nominate Topher Grace, but he might be too pretty.

I like the Simon Woods suggestion. I agree he looks like a younger Paul Bettany (who I also saw as Beric years ago). Loved him in P&P, he was great acting the dumb Mr. Bingley- but I thought Max Perkis was a better Octavian (in Rome).

I just really hate that series... :bang:

Edit: confusing my threads here...

Yeah I'd love to see Rob P get cut to pieces by the others, I'm so over seeing his face everywhere. His fame reminds me of New Kids on the Block- it's disgusting.

Paul Bettany is who I also saw Jamie being. A whitty jerk who is pretty and can fight.

Beric seems older to me in the books alot more mature then a 20 yr old should be, I know he is younger but 20 just seems too young. and he shouldn't be pretty either- rough and tough, experienced, thats the Beric I see in my head. It would be easy to up his age for the show.

Archived