Lysa Arryn

WightMeWorry

Maybe they could age up one of Meryl Streep's daughters or something :P

ETA: Ooo, I just discovered her eldest daughter Mamie was in John Adams. Not that it's a serious suggestion, but I didn't know that.

I like her, she could totally pass as Jennifer Ehle's younger sister. She may be too young though...Wonder if she has her mothers talent for accents.

Robin Weigert is more suited to play Brienne.

I think Rene Zellweger would be a good Lysa Arryn. Maybe with that Nurse Betty type of acting where it's all over the map, playing sweet one second and obviously batshit crazy the next. It's a small stint, so they could have success courting her for the role. Especially if the show eclipses the Sopranos and gets the same result of big name actors practically begging to be in it, even for minor roles.

You need quite a strong actress to pull off Lysa - I mean you need someone who can do 'mad' convincingly without it being silly. One name that was suggested a while ago which I thought 'she could probably pull it off...' was Julia Sawalha.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...sa%3DN%26um%3D1

Now that was before Jennifer Ehle was cast at Catelyn. Julia Sawalha is actually a couple of years older than Jennifer Ehle. While Jennifer Ehle was playing Lizzie Bennet in the BBC 'Pride & Prejudice' however, Julia Sawalha was playing Lydia Bennet in the same production.

You need quite a strong actress to pull off Lysa - I mean you need someone who can do 'mad' convincingly without it being silly. One name that was suggested a while ago which I thought 'she could probably pull it off...' was Julia Sawalha.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...sa%3DN%26um%3D1

Now that was before Jennifer Ehle was cast at Catelyn. Julia Sawalha is actually a couple of years older than Jennifer Ehle. While Jennifer Ehle was playing Lizzie Bennet in the BBC 'Pride & Prejudice' however, Julia Sawalha was playing Lydia Bennet in the same production.

That's not a bad idea actually.

I'm not sure if she's been suggested yet but I remember seeing Natasha Little in Spooks a few years ago, and in other roles since, and I thought she'd be a good candidate for Lysa. She's got a good look and I think she can do annoying-psycho-woman quite convincingly. She and Ehle are of the same age, but Little can easily pass as the younger sis with the right makeup, etc., imo.

• 2 weeks later...

Isabelle Adjani would be perfect as Lysa My link . She isn't only one of the best actresses in the world according to me, but she is particular good at playing crazy people, (if you watch this video you will see what I mean: My link)

Under the last few year she has started go gain weight so she also has the physical attributes that goes with the part: My link . She maybe some years older than the the character should be but as almost every character is aged up why not Lysa? And as some people have pointed out, she is supposed to look older than she is. The only problem with her is that I don't know if her English is good enough.

Archived