Mass Effect 2

WhiteHaven

All right, so, I need some help.

I'm stuck on Insanity on the Collector Ship mission. My lack of options is what's killing me pretty much. Usually I can play tactical and retreat/use scenery and cover and all that shit. But the first fight of the mission pretty much gives you only one piece of cover and enemies flanking you constantly. Even if I can deal with the Scions who float around on those platforms flanking me and totally destroying my Squad Mates whose AI is way too stupid to deal with the Scion Shockwaves then well, I'm still screwed because Harbinger shows up and rushes me, knocks me out of cover and performs the coup de grace.

I'm thinking about reloading and changing my bonus power to Area Reave for this, maybe even not bring Miranda and have someone with more durability take her place? I'm a soldier by the way so I have no cool Adept/Vanguard/Infiltrator tricks up my sleeves, alas.

I recall that fight being one of the more difficult ones. Try to ignore the Scions and take out as many Collectors as you can before Harbinger closes in (which should be easy as a soldier. Adrenaline Rush + LMG or Sniper Rifle makes short work of them). Meanwhile have your allies weaken Harbinger as much as possible before they die and keep dodging his knock-back attacks. Once he gets too close you'll simply have to blow him away with the LMG, preferably with some ammo that does additional damage to armour. Once all Collectors and Harbinger are dead you can take your time killing the Scions, they are pretty much stuck on their platforms so they can't actually hurt you.

im dreading this too. i figure ill do every available mission before the ship to try and get as powerful as i can, but i dont know how ill get past that sequence even then. Maybe with the Cain heavy weapon?

The fun thing is that, like Horizon, you can't really decide when to do this mission. After you've done X missions you'll get the call from TIM and next thing you know your stuck on some floating platform fighting for your life.

I don't think the Cain is the answer. At best it would take out one group of Collectors, if you can even get it at that point in the game.

Holy...I just found out that the Collectors are basically Protheans, genetically reprogrammed by the Reapers.

Damn that's scary. Now I really dislike the Reapers. I mean, killing enemies is vile, but..well it's what you do with an enemy. But enslaving them with genetical modifications? Man, that's cruel.

Archived