Casting for the rest of season 1

awesome possum

As we all know, the pilot has been cast, but there are many more roles that we'll be introduced to through the first season.

When does everyone think they'll start full on with the casting process? If shooting is supposed to begin in June/July, they'd have to start casting somewhat soon.

Also, what major characters are left to be cast?

Tywin

Renly

Littlefinger

Lysa

Loras

The Mountain

Ser Kevan

I'm certain there are more (and people's ideas of major characters differ). Thoughts?

Apologies if there is already a thread like this or if a mod believes it should be in the Casting subforum.

The cast may be in the process of being chosen as we speak. Sometimes casting calls go out and the public always gets word of this.Sometimes not. Probably casting will start by the end of April and we will get an announcement as each choice is made, or one big announcement a couple weeks before filming begins.

Wonder if GRRM is planning more guessing games for us? :thumbsup:

I'm actually looking forward to seeing both Pycelle and Walder Frey onscreen. They are two lesser characters who just plain amuse me. I can't think of Pycelle without thinking of how Tyrion caught him naked in bed with that girl, had his wildlings intimidate him, and then shaved him...and all the lovely descriptions of his face post-shaving. As for Lord Walder, my husband says that he imagines a little old man with no teeth.

Didn't we already figure out that he was like Roy Dotrice or someone? Don't remember the exact name, but I remember we had it.

I think Dotrice has been considered the most likely. I know he's been the one I've suspected most. He's long been a fan-favorite for one of the big old-guy roles (Pycell, Maester Aemon or Walder Frey) because of his work on the audio books, where he won a lot of fans. The Pycell role would probably give him the most screentime of all three roles. There has been no confirmation on his or anyone's casting, though.

Mirri Maz Duur is another important role. Also, Irri, Jiqi and Doreah will be significant roles, too (actually might have more screentime than Mirri). Finally, Dany's Bloodriders.

Some of these roles will last through the series and the Bloodriders get more significant in subsequent seasons.

Mirri Maz Duur is another important role. Also, Irri, Jiqi and Doreah will be significant roles, too (actually might have more screentime than Mirri). Finally, Dany's Bloodriders.

Some of these roles will last through the series and the Bloodriders get more significant in subsequent seasons.

I don't know Brude, in the grand scheme of things these characters don't have their own story arcs and could easily get over-shadowed without much impact. Sure they can make an appearance or have a few lines in an episode or two but really an "important" role - I don't think so.

Archived